Bookworm
Carrying the phone around with the keyboard attached could also be awkward, wonder if it will fit in my holster that way?
If there are still any of the old Psion 5 holsters around they might work well. Or see what people were doing with the Planet Computers devices. I suspect a bluetooth headset will be much more practical than trying to use it as a handset.
(09-24-2021, 10:01 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Looking Forward to the new keyboard,  but I wonder how challenging will it be for the Mobian Dev's Team to smoothly integrate it..?

They keyboard sounds quite "Cool",  though holding the phone to your ear could be awkward with the open keyboard  ?

I am super excited for the keyboard because I think the extra battery life will be huge. You will definitely look super awkward taking calls though, luckily I rarely take any haha. I could imagine that integration would be fairly straight forward? Maybe I'm wrong but I have high hopes that it would work out the box without problems.
I am on Sept. 25 nightly release now.
Manjaro convergent phone running from an sd card.
Only thing I have found not working is the hot spot, but I think that is an issue with my carrier.
The data is obviously working.  But the darn screen is hard to read, the fonts are so small.
  Another release that works,  Directly  "Out of the Box"
No fixing needed..  :-)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
hi I have issue with mobian, the modem would die (asking pin) if I leave the phone charging and not touching it, it does not happen when on battery, I have the installed the latest firmware for the modem but it did not solve the issue
(09-25-2021, 09:31 AM)wibble Wrote: I suspect a bluetooth headset will be much more practical than trying to use it as a handset.

It will be, eventually, unfortunately (last I checked at least) Bluetooth Hands Free Profile was not supported at all.

(09-28-2021, 12:26 PM)lasde Wrote: hi I have issue with mobian, the modem would die (asking pin) if I leave the phone charging and not touching it, it does not happen when on battery, I have the installed the latest firmware for the modem but it did not solve the issue

You did not say what version you are on?

Although, I actually came here to ask about this as well. I have not upgrade to Bookworm yet, for those that have, are modem monitoring scripts still needed? Or does that take care of itself now?
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
I have the Bookworm September 28 nightly on sd card running on a Manjaro Convergent phone.

I simply downloaded the newest release, flashed to a sd card, and put the card into the phone,
.... just the regular fill-in the blanks stuff that is always needed with a fresh installation.

Out of the Box it does calls, sms text, wifi, cellular data... I did do the software store system updates before trying any functions.
<( In the initial updates, I did see some "firmware updates" but there were not any descriptions of what firmware, ... that I saw.)>

The above phone I use exclusively for testing new releases, if it does happen to fail, it is not a tragedy.
My D.D. phone has an early bookworm release plus daily updates, running quite dependably.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
September 29 Nightly release, the basic functions are working, including initial updates via on board software store.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-28-2021, 02:35 PM)TRS-80 Wrote: It will be, eventually, unfortunately (last I checked at least) Bluetooth Hands Free Profile was not supported at all.

I tried connecting my bluetooth headset just a few days ago and it still just outputs static when it connects.
Bluetooth is hit-or-miss for me. I have an old Plantronics one-ear piece that works well, but breaks up when it is more than four feet from the phone. I have a two year old JLAB headset that doesn't work at all - it pairs but will not connect. I have a new Soundcore headset that breaks up only after about 30 feet between them. None of them work for controlling the phone from the headset, if that's what hands free means.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 24 2,476 05-05-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 2,596 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,603 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
Last Post: user641
  Bookworm Satellite Navigation biketool 7 3,292 09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Last Post: vortex
  GPS/location services don't work with Maps after Bookworm upgrade Anna 16 10,307 06-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: wibble
  Bookworm Navigation Enabler Script biketool 2 1,570 06-02-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Flatpak on Bookworm biketool 0 926 05-25-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: biketool
  chatty v0.6 in Bookworm at last! treebeard 13 7,832 02-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Waydroid Intallation on Bookworm Dinosaur1946 6 4,554 01-30-2022, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  Safe to upgrade Bookworm again? nelstomlinson 2 2,521 10-12-2021, 03:45 AM
Last Post: bcnaz