Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,149
» Latest member: JericMoope
» Forum threads: 15,695
» Forum posts: 114,607

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 20
Moving
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: traut
7 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 104
debugging issue realted t...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: SamCoffee
Today, 12:20 AM
» Views: 373
HDMI or VGA From Pinebook...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 09:27 AM
» Views: 604
Pinephone boot.
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: Richy_T
Yesterday, 08:32 AM
» Views: 89
Ox64 Without Dev Cube?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
Yesterday, 12:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 75
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
05-05-2024, 07:42 AM
» Replies: 24
» Views: 2,455
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
05-04-2024, 01:55 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 363
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
05-04-2024, 01:45 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 137
Trackpoint
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
05-04-2024, 01:29 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 880

Support is not replying to my ticket
Posted by: gabrielfin - 10-10-2020, 11:10 AM - Forum: General - Replies (17)

My package was (supposedly) sent on the 28th of February. I knew there could be delays because of COVID. But 3 months passed (June) and the tracking status still showed as "Departed", so I started to get worried.

I contacted support to get a status update on the package. They said they would check and get back to me, but they never did. So I contacted them again twice, both times they replied they were waiting for feedback from the post company (Asendia) and they would get back to me, but they never did.

I contacted them a fourth time 3 weeks ago demanding some sort of response. It's unacceptable that a post company takes more than 3 months to report the status of a package. I got no reply. I wrote again 1 week ago. Still got no reply.

I've been waiting 7 months for this package... What's going on? Are they ghosting me? Did somebody lose my package and no one wants to take responsibility?

In case it helps, the ticket number is #4476

Pinephone as daily driver
Posted by: lcayer1 - 10-10-2020, 11:06 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (15)

What OS do you use as a daily driver and what apps do you have that make it a daily driver.

THanks

Question Liberating PINE64.org's JavaScript
Posted by: User 18618 - 10-10-2020, 08:25 AM - Forum: General - No Replies

Would PINE64 consider choosing a free software licence (such as the GNU Affero General Public License) for scripts employed on their website?

Just a thought Smile

P.S. This post was inspired by Setting Your JavaScript Free.

Taming the Caps Lock key
Posted by: ab1jx - 10-10-2020, 12:18 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

Somewhere, maybe it was a DOS TSR, I've seen little utility programs that would do things like beep on every keypress while the caps lock key was active.  Or deactivate it after a certain time or number of keypresses.  Not sure how to do that in Linux.

I don't use it often intentionally but it's a lazy way to type macros.  Mostly it's on when I don't want it.

Using my PBP more these days, doing audio recordings with it.  And I just went through a 2 day power outage and the PBP was the only thing that still had a couple hours of battery left.  As winter sets in I'll spend more time with it in my recliner.

-----------

I suppose the Linux equivalent of a TSR would be a kernel module.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=linux+%22kerne...cal&ia=web

Taming the power switch?
Posted by: ab1jx - 10-10-2020, 12:03 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (4)

I'd like to redefine the power switch so it brings up a whiptail confirmation dialog or something like that before it actually shuts off.  Suspend could easily be added to that as another choice.

Is that possible?  I keep hitting it by accident.  I'm using the original Debian Stretch still.  Something like:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

TERM=ansi whiptail --title "Power button" --menu "Power Button" 8 20 5 \
"Turn off" "" \
"Suspend" "" \
"Cancel" ""

choice=$?
if [ $choice = 0 ]; then
  echo "Shutting down"
  shutdown now
else
  if [ $choice = 1 ]; then
    echo "Suspending"
    # write this
  else
    echo "Cancelling"
  fi
fi

Lets create the PineCom
Posted by: Luke - 10-09-2020, 06:13 PM - Forum: News - Replies (180)

Hello everyone,

We’ll soon be starting work on the PineCom - a privacy-oriented handheld communicator that shares the PinePhone’s pedigree but offers a distinct and different feature set. We hope to achieve a high degree of software compatibility between the two devices - indeed, we expect the PineCom to run all existing PinePhone OS images out-of-the-box. Unlike the PinePhone however, the PineCom will not feature a modem but rather rely on WiFi, IoT LoRa and LoRaWan for communications. The device will also be smaller at (5” LCD panel or less), and will not feature a USB-C alt mode for video output. 

Everything else is still up in the air at this point, and we therefore invite you to brainstorm ideas with us regarding the remaining design features of the PineCom. More specifically, we’d like to know your opinion on the following:

1. Do we need both a front and back camera on the PineCom? In fact, do we need any cameras at all? 
  2. Should we bring over all sensors present on the PinePhone? If so, which do you think we can do without?
  3. Should we use the same single band/11n/BT4 WiFi module in the PinePhone (for compatibility sake) or change it out for a dual band/11ac/BT5?
  4. Should the device feature a GPS (and compass) or are those features redundant in this type of device? 
  5. Should we include SPI flash?
  6. We are currently considering following the PinePhone’s general design and aesthetic for the PineCom, but if there is some sort of physical (within reason - also financially) that you think would fit this type of device well then make sure to let us know.  
  7. We’re currently thinking of using a 5” LCD panel for the PineCom; what do you think about this - is there a reason to go bigger or smaller? 
We are completely open to any and all suggestions at this point. That said, we’d appreciate it if you’d keep in mind that the targeted price range for this device is $99-149 when offering your insight. 

As always, thank you for your feedback! 

Problem with serial console and enter key
Posted by: gobimat - 10-09-2020, 03:14 PM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Hello,

I set up minicom and the serial cable and watched the whole thing boot.

Everything looks fine otherwise, text input works as expected EXCEPT the enter key.
Pressing enter will echo back 'OM'

How? Why?

Ctrl+m works as a workaround.

Thanks.

Bliss OS on pinephone
Posted by: lcayer1 - 10-09-2020, 02:25 PM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (5)

Is there any port of Bliss OS on pinephone?  I see some old threads of Bliss OS on pinebook but nothing for pinephone

Thanks

WPA enterprise
Posted by: natasha - 10-09-2020, 12:37 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I have no problem using WPA personal to connect to my home wifi. However, at work, there is no option in my phone to connect wpa_enterprise. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible in mobian? thanks

software crashes when selecting any category
Posted by: RodneyMyers - 10-09-2020, 08:35 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (13)

everything is updated, via terminal/kings cross.

Yet, when I attempt to select any category "audio & video", etc., the software application quickly shuts down .

Not sure how to rectify this. Any ideas?

thanks