Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,214
» Latest member: canithin
» Forum threads: 15,718
» Forum posts: 114,722

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Touchscreen has stopped w...
Forum: PineTime Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: semipol
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Armbian broken sometime i...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook
Last Post: michel_luc
5 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 76
Current status of PPP usa...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: mikehenson
Yesterday, 07:24 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 149
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
Yesterday, 07:21 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 335
Armbian has been released...
Forum: News
Last Post: ArmbianForSBCs
05-27-2024, 11:58 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 7,629
Mobian-Kicksecure?
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: 3460p
05-26-2024, 02:09 PM
» Views: 81
Bluetooth on PineTab
Forum: Linux on Pinebook
Last Post: MicroCenter
05-26-2024, 11:35 AM
» Views: 31
Image Latest Phones Ship ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: zetabeta
05-25-2024, 08:25 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 963
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: conifera
05-24-2024, 10:54 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 3,150
A large 3d printable case...
Forum: Quartz64 Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: tophneal
05-24-2024, 08:11 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64

Best Gnome distro for PBP?
Posted by: Upokupo - 10-13-2020, 08:30 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

I was wondering if someone had the opportunity try the gnome desktop environment on other distros that could give a brief comparison to Manjaro Gnome.

It runs well enough but isn't buttery smooth all the time. If they are just as comparable as Manjaro, I will try the deepin desktop environment. Someone was able to successfully compile it another thread and had good results.

Soft vs. hard Pinephone case?
Posted by: Zebulon Walton - 10-13-2020, 07:25 PM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (6)

Having ordered a Pinephone with the convergence package I'm looking at some accessories like screen protector and case. I see there are both hard and soft shell cases. Pros and cons of each? Which protects better against dropping? (Though they're cheap enough, I could just order one of each.) Hopefully a case with a belt attachment will be offered at some point.

Possible to install KDE Neon on PinebookPro?
Posted by: Pinoideae - 10-13-2020, 07:25 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (11)

I'm looking at buying a new laptop and I've got my eye on a PinebookPro. Can I install KDE Neon on it?

Cheers.

Graphical login hanging after password entry
Posted by: mhill8 - 10-13-2020, 06:56 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

I'm using the stock Manjaro install.  I got things set up fairly well about a month ago, but haven't had time to get it out for a few weeks.  A day or two ago I powered it on, and entered my password at the graphical login screen as usual.  When I hit Enter or click the Login button, it turns solid green and then freezes that way.  The mouse pointer still moves around in response to the trackpad, but everything on the screen is unresponsive from that point on.  Fortunately, I can restart it with Ctl-Alt-Backspace.

Login on the alternate consoles is unaffected.  The only process running on tty1 is Xorg.

I discovered that after enough attempts, and maybe changing the session manager from the list in the lower left corner, I can finally succeed in logging in.  Sometimes it's after a dozen tries, though.

I had not changed any packages since the last time it worked normally.  I rebooted several times, but no change.  I applied all the software updates (200+) and rebooted.  Still does the same thing.

Does anybody have any clues what might be going on, or how to debug further?

TIA for any suggestions.

Still no refund from cancelled order 9/28/2020
Posted by: metalman420@gmail.com - 10-13-2020, 05:28 PM - Forum: General - Replies (3)

I have received a refund email for the full amount on 9/28/2020 BUT have not
received a refund to my credit card.  I have responded 4 times to that refund
email with NO replied from pine and NO refund.
The order is Order #151971

This is criminal.

What is their problem.  They charged my card WITHOUT it shipping
which is against their policy and the law.

Sincerely

David Sherwood

Looking for an IRC status update
Posted by: branon - 10-13-2020, 04:21 PM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

The server message right now says "Unfortunately, the server hardware/node this IRC server is running on is having severe issues. This IRC server will be disabled until it can be moved to a new node."

Last I heard though, the downtime had something to do with the multi-protocol bridge. Is there going to be a statement on what the exact nature of the issues are and/or an ETA for service restoration?

Latest firmware for PinePhone modem!
Posted by: Subsentient - 10-13-2020, 09:44 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (104)

I'm providing an updated copy of the firmware for the PinePhone's Quectel EG25-G modem.

The flashing utility was provided to me by Quectel support, and the modem firmware from a forum link for another device that uses this modem.

As they don't have an easy download link, perhaps the only way you're going to get it is from me or megous.

NOTE: If compiling C programs, or the idea of modem firmware, or any of these concepts seem alien to you, you should NOT attempt this. This is only for the brave and the wise.

This assumes some knowledge of Linux command lines, as well as having played with the modem previously.

I am attempting to help as this significantly improved my phone's reliability, but if you follow these instructions, you do so at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that may happen as a result of attempting this, including the destruction of your phone.

For me, this fixed call audio not working at random times, as well as losing control of an outgoing call in progress.

Here is the flashing utility, and here is the modem firmware.

Extract both archives, possibly with "tar xf" if you don't have a good GUI for that.

I pre-compiled the flashing utility for AArch64 Linux, but dynamically linked for glibc. That means it should work on Mobian, Fedora, etc, but not other, weirder systems.
If you can't run the precompiled version, there is a makefile included with the source code, so type "make" to compile it after installing gcc and make from your package manager.

!! DANGER !!: This resets some modem configuration options, and you will probably need to reset them manually before calls work correctly, if you don't use megous' new modem power manager in kernel 5.8 or later. You should update to such a kernel BEFORE proceeeding.

THIS IS A DANGEROUS ACTION THAT CAN DESTROY YOUR MODEM.

Put the extracted qfirehose_good and newfw folders in the same location.
Next, cd to the qfirehose_good folder, and run:

Code:
sudo ./QFirehose -f ../newfw

It should take about a minute or a little longer.
Afterwards, if it says upgrade succeeded, you're good.

If it fails, try a couple more times. If it says something about no such file or directory, you're probably fine, you just have the wrong path specified for newfw.

Lastly, if you're unable to use a newer kernel, here's a dump of good settings from megous' kernel driver. QDAI is the most important and probably the only one you really need to change. Try changing that one first and see if things work normally.

Code:
[   41.248670] modem-power serial1-0: QDAI is '1,1,0,1,0,0,1,1'
[   41.264677] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'risignaltype' is '"physical"'
[   41.288660] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'urc/ri/ring' is '"pulse",1,1000,5000,"off",1'
[   41.304783] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'urc/ri/smsincoming' is '"pulse",1,1'
[   41.324645] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'urc/ri/other' is '"off",1,1'
[   41.340632] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'urc/ri/pin' is 'uart_ri'
[   41.356644] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'urc/delay' is '0'
[   41.372625] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'sleepind/level' is '0'
[   41.388666] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'wakeupin/level' is '0,0' (changing to '0')
[   41.440653] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'ApRstLevel' is '0'
[   41.456689] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'ModemRstLevel' is '0'
[   41.472673] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'apready' is '0,0,500'
[   41.488913] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'airplanecontrol' is '1,0'
[   41.512699] modem-power serial1-0: QCFG 'fast/poweroff' is '1'

And, the QFirehose source code will make you cry. I'm surprised it works. Just warning you.

How long does it take to get a reply in a ticket?
Posted by: Arehandoro - 10-13-2020, 04:33 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (28)

Hello,

Has anyone here created a ticket with Pine64 regarding a hardware issue on a device? Specifically, the PinePhone.

Cheers

Mobian for x86_64
Posted by: paju1986 - 10-13-2020, 03:22 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Hi.

I would like to ask if it is possible to have x86_64 builds of Mobian. 
I have a gpd win 2 with a 6inch touch screen and would be nice to have phosh on it, there is also multiple x86_64 tablets out there that will benefit from it too.

Regards!

Remove google captcha from registration
Posted by: ichbins - 10-13-2020, 02:28 AM - Forum: General - Replies (7)

Please remove google captcha from registration.

Many people move away from Android and avoid google services because google does not respect users privacy. I purchased a PineTab and would like to help improve this product. I tried to register at this forum without success. Finally it was only possible by allowing the access to google servers and use the captcha. Please remove google from this website. Many people are using pine products just because they do not want to use google products and services. I appreciate it so much that I can use a PineTab running mobian!