Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,095
» Latest member: pearlneigh
» Forum threads: 15,673
» Forum posts: 114,521

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
debugging issue realted t...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: tapirsurfeit
33 minutes ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 251
Pinephone Pro + Keyboard ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: AegisWages
7 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 670
Slarm64 on PinePhone [Uno...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: donchurch
Yesterday, 12:12 PM
» Replies: 37
» Views: 24,738
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: JohnA
Yesterday, 06:03 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 2,021
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: bongosunny
Yesterday, 02:22 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 522
Ghost inputs on volume in...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: SpoiledMilk
04-21-2024, 12:52 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 611
how to use rk2aw-spi-flas...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Pavlos1
04-21-2024, 04:05 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 112
New Hardware
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: names_mark_
04-20-2024, 11:01 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 55
Uefi
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
04-20-2024, 10:08 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 2,270
Install Tow-Boot on the S...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Tutorials
Last Post: alchemist
04-19-2024, 12:20 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 8,074

New docking station
Posted by: murak - 03-10-2021, 04:01 AM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (1)

So I found this docking station that I really like and thought that this is something that would suite the Pinephone really well:

[Image: EXD1V2.6_311c6ff2-1144-410d-89ed-95b272c...1614926668]
Seems to be up for preorder for $39 and should ship around april. If Pine64 where to manufacture something similar I for on would be all over it =)

Here´s the link: https://www.bee-link.com/collections/sto...2824697012

No SMS reception anymore
Posted by: ichbins - 03-10-2021, 03:39 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (3)

I noticed, that I do not receive SMS anymore. The last SMS I received was on 29.01.2021 and a SMS I should have received ca. on 03.02.2021 never arrived. Is this a known issue or is it only a problem with my provider?

New phones/main-boards (US) when?
Posted by: Barugon - 03-10-2021, 02:01 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (4)

I have a UBPorts edition PinePhone and I have determined that the modem simply does not work (I believe that the sim tray is faulty). I'd really like to order a new main-board but they're not available. I can't even order a whole new phone because they're not available either. The only other game in town that I know of is the Librem 5; I ordered one of those more than two years ago and it's still nowhere in sight.

So, when will new main-boards or phones be available in the US?

Clusterboard, U-Boot, PL7 LED
Posted by: Pine - 03-09-2021, 07:07 PM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - No Replies

Greetings,

U-Boot has a board-specific method with signature

Code:
void show_boot_progress(int val);

Various stages of U-Boot SPL and full U-Boot call this method with a known int to signal the current boot stage.

I would like to activate PL7 on the SOPINE clusterboard which has an LED attached on certain checkpoints in booting.

My question is, does anyone have experience with low-level GPIO registers/memory and knows how to achieve this? We can't use syntactic sugar like the following

Code:
gpio_direction_output(PL7_GPIO, 1);
gpio_set_value(PL7_GPIO, 1);

because the GPIO and DM (driver model) systems are not initialized at power-on yet (and I encounter an infinite loop deep in U-Boot trying to enumerate non-initialized hardware).

I understand the pin number for PL7 is 359 from ([L - A] * 32) + 7.

A solution using one of

Code:
writel(...); or
setbits_le32(...)

would be a probable goal. Any ideas?

Pinephone UBPorts available. just cover shipping and make me the best offer
Posted by: stozi - 03-09-2021, 01:00 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (3)

Hi I'm moving & getting rid of stuff. I have a spare pinephone UBports edition available to a good home. I'll mail it anywhere (I'm in Serbia right now), please just cover shipping and preferably add something extra, probably by Paypal or whatever. Serbia post is cheap, I've mailed much heavier things home to Canada for $30. I would just like to know that it isn't going to waste.

Micro-USB 3.0 connector for the PinePhone?
Posted by: Peter Gamma - 03-09-2021, 11:28 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (1)

A reason why I am still a Samsung Galaxy S5 user are:

1. replacable battery

2. Micro-USB 3.0 connector

The same cable as for 2.5 hard drives can be used, and the connection is very stable. I am a heavy user, and phone death was most often caused by a broken connector.

Is there a reason for not using a micro-USB 3.0 connector as a standard, or one which is modified so that it works also with usb-c?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Serious hinge crapout
Posted by: ab1jx - 03-09-2021, 10:18 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (7)

I've had my PBP since January 13, 2020.  I didn't use it much for months but since November or so it was my main machine, using it sitting in a recliner.  Which means it got opened and closed maybe 6-10 times a day.  A month or so ago I noticed a crack in the case over where the power adapter plugs in, which opens up a bit as I'm opening the lid.

Suddenly today I hear snapping noises on the right side when I try to close the lid.  So I stopped with it open maybe 45 degrees, logged in over ssh and wifi from another machine to shut it down and there it sits.

Last time I looked a few days ago at the parts page I could no longer buy just the plastic case piece that failed first, I'd have to buy one with a keyboard.  I don't know what failed that's preventing it from closing.  Ameridroid doesn't seem to have many parts in stock so they'll have to come from China (months).  I'll try to get another nvme USB adapter and rescue my nvme drive out of it.  Hinge problems like this in laptops go back 20 years or more, I haven't seen one in years so I thought all the manufacturers had learned how to prevent them.

1 week with the Pinephone
Posted by: battlegarden - 03-09-2021, 05:22 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (8)

Hello forum, this is my first post!

I would like to share my experience with the PinePhone. I ordered the Mobian CE with dock and received it on 1.3.21. I started using it the day after, so a week ago. Short background information about myself: I have never owned what is commonly called a Smartphone, my current phone is an old Nokia E71, and as far as Linux-phones are concerned: I had an Openmoko and unfortunately lost some money in the Neo900 project.

With all this in mind: the PinePhone is great so far! Apart from the announced CNY delivery delay it arrived very quickly too.

Positive points:
-The convergence dock is magic! It's so convenient to have normal wired network! I haven't even tried the other ports yet. I remember the fiddling with USB networking on the Openmoko, this just works.
-Calls/sms/wifi/mobile data/hotspot: just works.
-Disk encryption: just works.
-Youtube: it looks like I was lucky, but worked out of the box after initial upgrade.
-The buttons on the side do what I thought they would!

Things that aren't 100% great yet:
-In general the UI has some rough edges (phosh), but I never got stuck or had to abandon what I wanted to do so far
-Different sound/vibrating profiles don't seem to work correctly yet, and the phone doesn't seem to wake up upon an sms (no flashing LED) - I probably need to spend some more time figuring this out.
-Only US QWERTY keyboard, I'm missing french and german accents and umlauts (again, maybe I haven'd done enough research yet)
-Webapps created according to mobian wiki with firefox -ssb seem to not have network connection after waking up the phone. It starts working once I loaded a site with the normal firefox.
-I need to use the hydrogen webapp for matrix, as mirage cannot connect to my private server (this is of course unrelated to the pinephone)
-The camera app is still in its early stages (it works fine though)
-I cannot use Tidal, due to the widevine DRM not being available for arm64. This is possibly fixable with anbox, but I'm currently hesitant to install it. Maybe one day this will change?

The fact that my PC, my server and now my mobile phone all run Debian is fantastic, I find this extremely convenient. I would not recommend this to someone who doesn't want to ssh onto the PinePhone or who is afraid of restarting a systemd unit via the onboard terminal, but otherwise my expectations are exceeded by far!

Hardware fix for the screen backlight flicker
Posted by: dsimic - 03-09-2021, 04:53 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (4)

Hello,

Despite some software fixes for the screen backlight flicker on PinePhone, the primary issue remains, meaning that the intensity of screen backlight changes somewhat erratically and very annoyingly when there's communication on the internal I2C bus, such as when the operating system talks to the LTE modem, or when the total power draw of the phone changes significantly, for example when scrolling the screen contents.

I've already researched the possible ways for fixing the flicker by doing some hardware modifications, and I've reached the point where I'd need to secure a development platform.  In other words, I'd need a development PinePhone, which would be used for trying out hardware modifications.  My goal would be to end up with hardware modifications and clear instructions that are as simple as possible, and easily doable by many PinePhone owners.

Understandingly, I do not want to try out those hardware modifications on my own PinePhone, because there's always a chance for the electronics to produce a puff of magic smoke. Smile

Thus, I'm asking for a way to get a PCB 1.2b PinePhone, for the above-described development purposes.  Ideally, I would like to get an additional, separate PCBA 1.2b board, in case something bad happens to the original board.  Also, please, keep in mind that I cannot guarantee that the whole endeavour will actually result in the desired hardware fix, but I would do my best.

Finally, there are two questions:

1. Would the Pine64 team be willing to donate the required hardware?
2. If not, would the forum members be willing to pitch in?  I can accept PayPal payments.

Any help would be appreciated!

Wrong location / place by GPS - Location Services - GNSS - Maps
Posted by: Anna - 03-09-2021, 04:42 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (17)

Hi guys,

I am not really sure whether this is a hardware or software issue:

Gnome-Maps (or Open Street Maps in the Browser) never gets the location right.

When I am at home, Maps shows some address in Frankfurt, Germany (200 km off); when I go out, the marker never moves on the map but only jumps to slightly closer places once in a while: to the middle of the Rhine (10 kms off), some address in Bonn (5 km off) or some adress in Cologne (35 kms off).

No matter where exactly I am, it is always that particular park in Cologne, that particular spot in the Rhine and so on.

Is there anything I can do?

Best, Anna