Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,103
» Latest member: Nebulizer8204
» Forum threads: 15,678
» Forum posts: 114,532

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
3 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 565
Heart Rate Monitoring
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: Ccssid
7 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 09:41 AM
» Views: 31
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 08:45 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
Can Pinecil Read USB-C Ca...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil
Last Post: Garywoo
04-23-2024, 01:48 PM
» Views: 17
[Star64] Help needed in u...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
04-23-2024, 10:58 AM
» Views: 48
Need help in understandin...
Forum: General
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
04-23-2024, 10:37 AM
» Views: 44
Slarm64 on PinePhone [Uno...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: donchurch
04-23-2024, 10:29 AM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 25,006
New Hardware
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: dachalife
04-23-2024, 08:41 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 105

mobian, pinephone camera, and megapixels
Posted by: dawg161 - 03-13-2021, 02:52 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (32)

I took my pinephone out in the forest today, even though I thought that the camera wasn’t working well. I discovered a few things: 

Megapixels looks bad currently in Mobian phosh, but does a great job. Although the image in the viewer looks distorted and off color, the resulting photos are decent. 

On the default Mobian image, the photos are saved as dng and tiff files. But if you install dcraw and imagemagick, Megapixels saves both raw dng and jpeg files. 

sudo apt-get install dcraw imagemagick

Here’s more info from the developer:
https://blog.brixit.nl/pinephone-camera-pt4/

This pushes the Pinephone much closer to daily driver for me.

Best charging adapter
Posted by: Regula - 03-13-2021, 05:43 AM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (1)

Hey,
has anyone tested different charging adapter for the pinephone ? I have been using my J5 charger and recently got a EP-200TA from a S20. Which adapter is the "best" for Manjaro Pinephone ? Are there any differences at all ?

Screen is blank on pinecil - did I kill it?
Posted by: ch5richards - 03-12-2021, 11:31 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil - Replies (2)

I was using my pinecil today to do some soldering, I was running it off of my power bank cause I thought it would be enough power.  I ended up having issues with one of the larger components so I decided to pull out my AC adapter that I have to get some extra power.

I have a 24v AC adapter that I had bought for my TS100.  I plugged that up and when I plugged it into the pinecil I got nothing.  I then plugged it back into the power bank and the screen was still blank.

I do have a USB power meter plugged in between the power bank and the pinecil.  It shows 5v 0.3a when plugged in, so it's not completely dead.

I plugged my TS100 into the AC adapter and it worked fine.  I know they now recommend 21v max now, but I was under the impression it could handle the 24v just fine.  I am assuming this is my issue since it worked fine until I switched power supplies, but would that cause what I am experiencing?  Is there any place to buy replacement screens for the pinecil?  I know I can buy screens for the TS100, are the compatible?

Open to any and all suggestions.  Thank you.

Vcard contact list?
Posted by: czgunner - 03-12-2021, 10:26 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (3)

I put my Vcard contact list on the sd card mounted in my Mobian pinephone.
I can't figure out how to make the phone see the list.
Is there a folder I need to put the file in? If so, where is that located?
Thanks!

Question External Monitor not Working
Posted by: sciolus - 03-12-2021, 07:45 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (5)

I recently connected a NETUM NT-156B external monitor to the Pinebook Pro's USB-C output. Settings recognizes the monitor, but no image is displayed. The NETUM specs says it uses USB-C Alternate Display Port which is also what the Pinebook Pro Wiki calls for.

Any ideas? Duckduckgo has not revealed any solutions... Huh

New Mobian Pinephone
Posted by: czgunner - 03-11-2021, 04:07 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (4)

Just got my phone in yesterday.
I got it fired up and charged. Connected to my wifi.
I know this is a work in progress, but my battery seems to last less than an hour.
I tried to look at the software updates, and it just has a spinning ring or freezes.
What's my next step?

Slash TV Android for RockPro64
Posted by: Wizzard - 03-11-2021, 03:21 PM - Forum: Android on RockPro64 - Replies (12)

I just found very good Android OS for RockPro64. 

The link to original topic is here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/slash...4.3949002/
and you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...lCEm9x-RIM

Just dd it to SD card and it runs. It is Android 7.x based, but it already contains Play Store and apps like Kodi, RetroArch, etc. 
Wifi does not work, unfortunatelly. Anyway, it is not so important for a TV box, I think.
I am just testing it on SD card, tomorrow I want to flash it to eMMC and use it instead of my old Rockbox, which is already very slow.

Article: RAKwireless WisBlock talks LoRa with PineCone BL602 RISC-V Board
Posted by: lupyuen - 03-11-2021, 03:17 AM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

Last week we programmed PineCone BL602 to transmit LoRa packets over the airwaves... Today we shall receive the LoRa packets with the RAKwireless WisBlock Arduino platform.

RAKwireless WisBlock talks LoRa with PineCone BL602 RISC-V Board

ayufan kernel update unbootable
Posted by: TheHunter - 03-10-2021, 05:31 PM - Forum: Linux on RockPro64 - Replies (2)

Hi I tried to update my old installation of a ayufan release but i cant boot the new kernel
I get 

Code:
initramfs: unpacking failed: invalid magic at start of compressed archive
on the serial console when I install kernel-5.9.0-1145-ayufan-g06dd9f4106b4 or kernel-5.9.0-1146-ayufan-gab09e252a729
any ideas what happening here?

Device bricked?
Posted by: TheHunter - 03-10-2021, 03:57 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (1)

hi all i think i have bricked my rockpro64 I executed rock64_upgrade_bootloader.sh and now i cant get any output on the serial console nor the white led turns on
i tried jumpering pins 23 and 25 suggested in the wiki but still no output
is there a possibility to unbrik the device?