Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,083
» Latest member: leoga
» Forum threads: 15,672
» Forum posts: 114,502

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Help needed to understand...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: jojuma
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Why can't we have an alte...
Forum: Shipment Related Discussion
Last Post: leoga
2 hours ago
» Replies: 26
» Views: 13,362
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: JohnA
8 hours ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 1,684
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: tophneal
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 32
After upgrade on 08.03.24...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: Corkonian
Yesterday, 01:22 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 613
how to use rk2aw-spi-flas...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Gooberpatrol66
04-17-2024, 10:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 40
GloDroid (Android-14)
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: GaryM
04-17-2024, 08:39 AM
» Views: 90
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
04-17-2024, 07:50 AM
» Views: 30
Pinebook Pro Initial Impr...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
04-16-2024, 07:29 PM
» Replies: 443
» Views: 584,955
[WIP] KDE Plasma Mobile 6...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: u-kidjp
04-15-2024, 08:08 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 595

Need HELP with firmware update
Posted by: jojuma - 03-24-2021, 08:08 AM - Forum: PineTime Tutorials - Replies (4)

Here's a newbie asking for help.

My PineTime is on v. 0.9.0. I wanted to do an update again and downloaded 0.14.1.
I'm using nRFConnect since for some reason I still can't get Gadgetbridge get to work (maybe my Android 8.1 is too old?).

After (successfully) connecting and bonding I select DFU Update and choose the ZIP from my filesystem. Then it says "initializing" and then... nothing...

As far as I can remember I did exactly the same thing when I upgraded from 0.7.x to 0.9.0.

I have no clue, what I'm doing wrong. Do you have any hints?

Thanks!

xmpp&jabber client for Manjaro Plasma mobile
Posted by: acrux - 03-24-2021, 02:07 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (15)

So - what is the best option to have up-to-date (MUC, MAM etc) jabber&xmpp chat in Plasma mobile?

• Manjaro Phosh has Chatty. It supports message archive managment (MAM), message carbons etc and is good for private conversations. Drawbacks - no multi user chat (MUC) and it pulls in quite much Gnome packages as dependencies. As in Phosh it is used also as a SMS client, it could interfere with Plasma Spacebar app.
  • SailfishOS also integrates SMS app with xmpp one using telepathy-gabble. There is telepathy-gabble-plus update (http://devel.kondorgulasch.de/telepathy-gabble/) which extends it with MAM etc. Maybe a similar method could be possible to add xmpp to the Spacebar app? However - still no MUC
  • Gajim. Probably the best jabber client for Linux (with Dino). Sort of usable in Plasma mobile if the window sizes and other options are optimized in conf file. Roster and personal chats are scaled ok and keyboard integrates quite ok also. Needs double-tap to open chats in roster. MUC windows are not scaled correctly and keyboard hides the input field.
  • Dino. Probably the best jabber client for Linux (with Gajim). However, the current Dino for Manjaro&Plasma is the desktop one and although it starts and runs, it does not scale correctly and I was unable to input text as the keyboard did not pop up. However - there is a project to use libhandy for Dino to adapt it to mobile screens (https://github.com/dino/dino/issues/178) and the result is already promising (https://fosstodon.org/@linmob/105583488991640393). Any chance to get this branch into Manjaro&Plasma?

auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim
Posted by: DonF22 - 03-23-2021, 09:53 PM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Hi, I've applied all recent updates but my Pine Phone KDE Plasma (community edition) keeps automatically going auto-brightness to completely dim. 
Is anybody else having this problem and what is the solution?  
Settings Slider keeps scooting to the left and the phone screen goes completely dark. 
thanks 
Don

Jack size
Posted by: mjc - 03-23-2021, 08:26 PM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (2)

The official replacement power cable is described here as having a "Type H" jack. The most precise information I managed to find on Type H via an internet search was this Amazon product page, which describes its Type H jack as having measurements of 1.3mm ID x 3.4mm OD. I'd like to be able to use this cable, which describes its measurements as 1.35mm ID x 3.5mm OD x 18mm length. Is the latter likely to work with the PBP?

Wi-Fi wlan0 soft blocked
Posted by: mark1250 - 03-23-2021, 05:01 PM - Forum: UBPorts on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I'm running ubports on the Development Channel currently at version 456.

I turned the wireless off using the status bar > Network > Wi-Fi Set to disabled/off. Then I went back and turned it back on, but the wireless connection won't come back up.

When I run $ sudo rfkill list  I see that phy0: Wireless LAN says Soft blocked: yes

So I run $ sudo rfkill unblock all  I see that it changes to Soft blocked: no  , but the Wi-Fi still won't connect.

I've checked that Flight Mode is NOT enabled and that Wi-Fi is enabled, but I can't get the Wi-Fi to connect. I've even tried toggling them back and forth with the same result.

Running $ nmcli dev shows: wlan0    wifi    unavailable    - -

Restarting network-manager doesn't help. Restarting the phone doesn't help.

Does anybody know how to re-enable Wi-Fi?

Thanks

Mark

Outgoing calls/sms work, incoming don't
Posted by: user12345 - 03-23-2021, 02:01 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Carrier: Verizon

Outgoing Calls: Good
Incoming Calls: Never work (Screen locked, screen unlocked, screen unlocked and phone app open)

Outgoing SMS: Good
Incoming SMS: Works occasionally see more info below

1. I text my pine phone from a different phone, I wont receive the message until I text that other phone from the pine phone. The message then comes instantly.
2. When I reset the modem with mmcli -m 0 -r I get the pending message, but after that I have the same issue as number 1.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Pinebook Pro (ISO) for sale - Europe (NL)
Posted by: Unkn0wn - 03-23-2021, 01:07 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (3)

Hi everyone,

I'd like to sell my pinebook pro. I'm just not using it anymore and its (IMO) one of the best products Pine64 has made and deserves to be used. Mine is actually one from the first batch and has the 128 GB eMMC module (freshly flashed with Manjaro). Lightly used by me for a while, but now gathering dust.

The price is € 200,- and I'll be including some extra's

[Image: I4g7TCO.jpg]

From left to right, top to bottem:

• Pinebook Pro - ISO - 128 GB
  • NVMe adapter
  • EU power supply
  • eMMC to USB adapter (optional)
  • TP-Link Archer T2U Nano wifi adapter (optional)
The optional accessories won't change the price, just tell me if you'd like them to be included.

Another picture:
[Image: 0t7jauR.jpg]

Demo: Speakers Become Unintentional Remote Listening Devices (Using Pinetab/GQRX)
Posted by: RTP - 03-23-2021, 11:25 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTab - No Replies

Made a video demonstrating something I discovered while using Pinetab's internal RTL-SDR (using GQRX).

I found my Lenovo laptop's speakers (whenever playing any form of sound/video) turn into a virtual microphone, remotely transmitting all audio in the room to multiple frequencies.

When in use, my (Lenovo) laptop speakers turn themselves (speakers on Lenovo laptop) into an unintentional remote listening device. Anytime sound is played from those Laptop speakers (Lenovo example), the speakers turn into a microphone, and combined remote transmitter (speakers are very similar to microphones).

I was able to tune into these frequencies using the Pinetab w/built in rtl-sdr, and found the frequencies to be static, reliable locations to listen in (bookmarked and repeated many times).

Unique electromagnetic emissions are given off by our devices (while in use). In some cases speaker wires themselves (not normally shielded well), can turn into a virtual transmitting antennas.

in this case the remote transmitting only occurs when speaking is playing audio. In other cases high powered electromagnetic energy can remotely turn devices into listening devices. This is known as RF retro reflecting.

After talking about these things (in the below video), I show GQRX on the Pinetab tuning into a couple of these frequencies.

I record the speaker's signals and replay the raw audio captured from GQRX.

Then I demo how to clean up these audio signals and replay the audio (making for a much cleaner sounding recording with understandable words). Smile

Check out the video here: https://youtu.be/bK-CcnfP_ws

[PostmarketOS with Plasma Mobile] Angelfish adblock + wpa supplicant time out
Posted by: Egolep - 03-23-2021, 10:25 AM - Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone - No Replies

I've started to use PostMarket OS with Plasma Mobile this sunday and I found it to be my preferred solution for the PinePhone. It actually has the best usability for me at the moment and I could even think to try using it as my solely daily driver unless I had these two problems (in order of importance):

- Every now and then, the wifi is disconnected because of "wpa supplicant timed out". I just have to manually re-connect to the wifi, but I do not receive a sound/vibration notification of this happening, so I could end up staying hours with a disconnected phone without knowing it
- I can't figure out how to install the version of Angelfish browser with the integrated adblock plugin. I would/could switch to Firefox, but I the virtual keyboard simply does not work with it (there is no way to make it appear).

Thanks!

Speakers not working after repair?
Posted by: ImmyChan - 03-23-2021, 09:22 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (1)

Hi

Recently I repaired the screen on my PinePhone and I had some issues with the USB-C board that are now fixed, now the loud speaker isn't working, any ideas?