Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,083
» Latest member: leoga
» Forum threads: 15,671
» Forum posts: 114,500

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: JohnA
6 hours ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 1,676
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: tophneal
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 27
After upgrade on 08.03.24...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: Corkonian
Yesterday, 01:22 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 613
how to use rk2aw-spi-flas...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Gooberpatrol66
04-17-2024, 10:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 40
GloDroid (Android-14)
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: GaryM
04-17-2024, 08:39 AM
» Views: 89
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
04-17-2024, 07:50 AM
» Views: 30
Pinebook Pro Initial Impr...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
04-16-2024, 07:29 PM
» Replies: 443
» Views: 584,927
[WIP] KDE Plasma Mobile 6...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: u-kidjp
04-15-2024, 08:08 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 593
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: zetabeta
04-15-2024, 04:49 AM
» Views: 83
Pinephone Pro for a Debia...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: zetabeta
04-15-2024, 03:01 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 130

Music stops playing when screen goes off and session gets suspended
Posted by: jojuma - 10-20-2021, 03:41 AM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hi,

so at least I suspect what the thread subject says. How can I keep listening to music while screen is off for a longer time?

I found, that adding a user to group 'music' should do the trick like

Code:
sudo adduser <username> audio

but what I get is:

Code:
sudo: adduser: command not found

Currently I'm on Pinephone KDE (Manjaro/Plasma Mobile):
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.86.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.14.10-1-MANJARO-ARM

Thanks for any advice!

EDIT: That DID NOT do the trick. As soon as the sesssion is suspended, the music stops. Even though I set 'Suspend Session' to 'never'.
So the questiom remains open: How to keep music playing while screen is off?

Bluetooth hands free
Posted by: AndyM - 10-19-2021, 12:25 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I can connect my PP via bluetooth to my in-car hands free, but the state of the signal and battery are not reported, so the hands free system believes that there is not signal/power. Am I missing some softwre to make this work, or do U have to wait for further developments?

Arch linux: Linux pinephone 5.14.13-1-danctnix
Pinephone Version 1.2a

Bluetooth hands free
Posted by: AndyM - 10-19-2021, 08:39 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (4)

I can connect my PP via bluetooth to my in-car hands free, but the state of the signal and battery are not reported, so the hands free system believes that there is not signal/power. Am I missing some softwre to make this work, or do U have to wait for further developments?

Arch linux: Linux pinephone 5.14.13-1-danctnix
Pinephone Version 1.2a

PinePhone Pro battery life
Posted by: Barugon - 10-19-2021, 01:18 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (17)

The battery life on the PinePhone is already not that great, but what will the battery life be like on the PinePhone Pro (since it will use the same battery)?

Red LED when trying to boot from SD card. Need advice.
Posted by: サーバント - 10-18-2021, 04:37 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (5)

I am now unable to boot from micro SD card. The only thing I have done that would be considered sensitive was flashing the open source firmware for the modem. That was the last major thing I did on my Pinephone running mobian. I only noticed it wasn't working last night b/c I flashed the SXMO image to a micro SD card. I was so excited because it seems like the best OS for me on the pinephone, just learned about it. It was a bummer to get the red led indicator.

I thought I did something wrong or my SD card was bad, so I bought a pack of 3 extra 64gb micro sd cards. All the same issue, when I press the power button with a SD installed the LED turns red and does nothing. I have done some research online but could not find a solution. I read that red LED means it detects the SD but there is a issue. I have tried 4 separate SD cards, I am using balena etcher to flash the images btw. I have used 2 different computers just to be safe. I did format and delete all the partitions from the sd card before flashing the new image. I did put in a empty sd card with nothing on it to see what would happen. Same red led.

To be clear it was working before, I have tested multiple OS's on the SD card previously. Manjaro Phosh, Mobian and I even used the SD card to make the pinephone's emmc flashable to install Mobian on the emmc. Only after flashing the open source modem firmware did I discover this issue. I only mention updating the firmware b/c that was the last major thing I did. I am not assuming it is the cause of the issue. I used GNU/Linux on and off for about almost 15 years. But I will be honest I still don't know much. So help a brother out. Thanks in advance.

TLDR: what steps can I take to troubleshoot my issue of not being able to boot from SD card?

Sync Frequency with Nextcloud :huh: :heart:
Posted by: food - 10-18-2021, 11:47 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Hi Mobian-Pinephone team,

I'm using Pinephone-Mobian as my main and only driver for my business with Nextcloud as my only online account.

How do I manually enter a sync of information from the terminal?
Are there modifiers specifying Phone-to-cloud movement and/or cloud-to-phone movement?

If there isn't a way to do this manually, is there a helpful snap package or container that does it for me?

wellwishes,
food

Angel

NetBSD on PinePhone/PinePhone Pro?
Posted by: cerno - 10-18-2021, 09:28 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (2)

Is someone considering porting of NetBSD to the PinePhone (or, preferrably, PinePhone Pro)? I am willing to sponsor a PPP/keyboard pair to interested developer (or two).

(Sorry for posting to general-software forum; moderators, feel free to move elsewhere/breakout the thread.)

Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update
Posted by: j4n3z - 10-18-2021, 06:13 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

Hello,
I performed keyboard firmware update for my Pinebook Pro ANSI as described on Pine64 wiki (just performed on Manjaro) and noticed few things.
- during update there were few messages "device not found" but firmware update seems to completed successfully
- after update some keys are behaving differently from their labels
  - Fn + F9 - labeled as Print Screen, behaves as NumLK
  - Fn + F10 - labeled as NumLK, behaves as ScrLK
  - Fn + F11 - labeled as ScrLK, behaves as Pause
  - Fn + F12 - labeled as Pause, behaves as NumLK

The rest of the keyboard is working propperly as it should. Before the update everything worked propperly so I assume this is caused by firmware update itself. Is there any way to narrow these things? I am affraid of messing things up and ending with non-working keyboard.
Thanks in advance!

Pinebook PRO for sale (Poland)
Posted by: tonieja - 10-18-2021, 12:49 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (5)

Hi,

I've Pinebook Pro for sale - I got it in January 2020 - since then it was used for approximately 20-30 hours of work (mostly testing different OS) - it was meant as a secondary gear - so it's almost brand new. I can send pictures if you're interested. I'd like to sell it in Poland, while shipping abroad can cause additional costs. Price - 700 PLN. Please DM me if you're interested.

regards  Smile

Where to find releases information
Posted by: worden - 10-17-2021, 10:39 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I've been using my Pinephone for my daily driver. As long as I get my calls and texts pretty reliably, I'm ok with various bugs. I understand this is beta software. But I would like to read about releases before I install them. I've got manjaro phosh. The update that was released last week is much buggier than the previous release. My phone is freezing too much for reliable usage. Where can I get information about releases before I install them?