No Success on MMS messages
No mms (messages with attachments) transmittals that I can get going.  My system is stock, as received, but updated plasma-manjaro. Have Consumer Cellarular sim card that is same card as used in my android. where MMS works fine. This card worked on Pinephone for SMS and no MMS. Do not think sim card is cause.

Spacebar app allows setting up message with attachment.  It allows sending of message, shows message and attachment as sent except for small icon that looks like an error, but it is not received.  Neither the text part of the message nor the text is received.

Chatty app still does nothing.  Does not open up for a message and doesn't open up Settings.

Any one with any better luck?  Any other app to look at?  

tom kosvic
Did you set MMSC and APN in Chatty?
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(02-05-2022, 04:56 PM)TRS-80 Wrote: Did you set MMSC and APN in Chatty?

Yes, I set those based upon settings listed at Consumer Cellular.

Are you getting MMS to work?  Pinephone-Pro cannot be considered a business phone until you can send message attachments.

tom kosvic
(02-06-2022, 08:55 AM)tckosvic Wrote:

Are you getting MMS to work?  Pinephone-Pro cannot be considered a business phone until you can send message attachments.

tom kosvic

Actually it IS considered a "Developers"  phone.

But the "out of the box"  working mms  will be here 
any day now ...  patience.

***----
Mobian has instructions "How to do it yourself" mms on their blog site/ wiki.

Sent from my Explorer edition Pine phone.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

tom kosvic

MMS, atleast on Manjaro Phosh, requires mmsd-tng package to be installed and the settings be applied in Chatty > preferences > MMS.

After a reboot MMS starts working.
(02-08-2022, 05:27 PM)lllsondowlll Wrote:

tom kosvic

MMS, atleast on Manjaro Phosh, requires mmsd-tng package to be installed and the settings be applied in Chatty > preferences > MMS.

On manjaro-plasma, I installed mmsd-tng and again tried mms.  No success as others had on manjaro-phosh. Message not sent.
(02-09-2022, 07:36 AM)tckosvic Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 05:27 PM)lllsondowlll Wrote:

tom kosvic

On manjaro-plasma, I installed mmsd-tng and again tried mms.  No success as others had on manjaro-phosh. Message not sent.

You have to have you mobile data turned on and WiFi turn OFF. There is a bug in the Spacebar source code which prevents users from being able to send/receive MMS when connected to WiFi. I was able to send an MMS through Spacebar like that.
(02-06-2022, 08:55 AM)tckosvic Wrote: Are you getting MMS to work?

Yes, they work for me. But I am on original PinePhone (not Pro).

Besides what others also said, you need to be on Chatty 0.6. But maybe those settings are not even there otherwise (not sure).
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
I am using a virtual provider and I had to set my APN to T-Mobile.
I added my settings to the Pine64 wiki.

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_A..._T-Mobile)
In manjaro-phosh mms through "chats" is now working on my PPP for both sending and receiving.  Recent updates must have done it for I changed nothing else.  I installed "mmsd-tng" through pacman but not in last few days.  I think that is necessary.

I have Consumer Cellular sim card.  I used mms settings for android from their website.

In Settings  ---> Mobile Networks ---> Mobile Data is on,  also in ----> Access Pont Names is set to att.mvno  from the CC website.
In chats  ---->  Preferences  --->  SMS and MMS settings --->  settings were to those from CC website.

My samsung just decided on it's own to start playing an audio and video ad as i was walking down the hall.  This is after I delected many apps through adb-platform-tools.  That phone is going to the trash soon to be replaced by the PPP

tom kosvic