Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,104
» Latest member: ihateregistrations
» Forum threads: 15,678
» Forum posts: 114,536

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
24 minutes ago
» Replies: 16
» Views: 2,007
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: zetabeta
44 minutes ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 1,813
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: TRS-80
4 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 606
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
Today, 06:35 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 154
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
Today, 05:56 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 575
Heart Rate Monitoring
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: Ccssid
Today, 01:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 09:41 AM
» Views: 38
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 08:45 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 158
Can Pinecil Read USB-C Ca...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil
Last Post: Garywoo
04-23-2024, 01:48 PM
» Views: 20
[Star64] Help needed in u...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
04-23-2024, 10:58 AM
» Views: 54

no access to webdav files (for some apps)
Posted by: jsch - 11-13-2021, 09:46 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

Hello

I stumbled over an issue when accessing files on my Nextcloud drive. Opening a pdf via portfolio worked fine, but opening a kdbx file (with Gnome-PasswordSafe did not work).
As a workaround I have created a symlink:
ln -s /run/user/1000/gvfs/dav\:host\=server_fqdn\,ssl\=true\,user\=uername\,prefix\=%2Fremote.php%2Fwebdav/ Nextcloud_webdav

Any idea where to address this issue to?

Shipment, I lost a track number and cannot remember where I saw it in a first place
Posted by: bilgames - 11-13-2021, 09:21 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - No Replies

Good day, I bought some accessories for my Pinephone in 27 of October from Russia early in the morning, and I didn't wrote tracking number thinking that I have account on pine64.com now, just checked that parcel is going. Now it is in deliver for two weeks I would like to check it up again, but cannot find the number or mail. How can I restore it?

Mobian and Deep Sleep Crust
Posted by: some_pinephone_user - 11-13-2021, 04:10 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (1)

I'm using Debian bookworm on Pinephone, installed on eMMC now. And seems to drain the battery pretty fast (faster then Manjaro ARM on the same device). How can I monitor the use of CRUST deep sleep? IS it enabled now?

Is there the difference between kernels 5.15 and 5.10 regarding power save?

(11-13-2021, 04:10 AM)some_pinephone_user Wrote: I'm using Debian bookworm on Pinephone, installed on eMMC now. And seems to drain the battery pretty fast (faster then Manjaro ARM on the same device). How can I monitor the use of CRUST deep sleep? IS it enabled now?

Is there the difference between kernels 5.15 and 5.10 regarding power save?

I've just looked into a dmesg of modem firmware, and there is nothing about deep sleep, but in the kernel of mobian there is deep sleeps. This indicates, that the modem doesn't getting into deep sleep on Mobian.

Discover does not find some apps
Posted by: localhorst - 11-12-2021, 11:45 PM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hello, I have Arch Linux with Plasma Mobile installed on my Pinephone. Now when I open Discover and search for PureMaps, Kaidan or KTrip for example, Discover finds nothing. But on the Plasma Mobile website these apps are listed. When I try to install these apps from the website, Discover opens and shows me this output: "appstream://org.kde.trip" cannot be opened.

Is it possible to install these apps?

Many thanks to all!

Armbian on Quartz64
Posted by: dieselnutjob - 11-12-2021, 07:21 AM - Forum: Linux on Quartz64 - Replies (34)

Using a Linux desktop machine
Download this https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/rk35...5.0.img.xz
Unxz the file
dd it onto a microSD card
sync
remove it
reinsert
Depending on your distro the boot folder of the microSD card will automagically mount.
As root:-
find /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
change the fourth line
from

Code:
FDT /boot/dtb/rockchip/rk3566-firefly-roc-pc.dtb

to
Code:
FDT /boot/dtb/rockchip/rk3566-quartz64-a.dtb

save
sync
umount the partition
put the microSD card in a quartz64 and boot it up

Straight away I can see that USB ports don't work, but it does boot and you can log in with a woodpecker interface.

Thanks to user Trigu75 on this thread https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-play...d-boxes-11

RAM deficiency after recent large Manjaro update?
Posted by: stozi - 11-12-2021, 03:29 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (1)

A couple days ago there was a major-ish Manjaro update. Since then, half of my Chromium tabs and extensions are constantly crashing. I use quite a bit but this wasn't happening before.

$ cat /sys/block/zram0/disksize  

This means 6 Gigs right? Don't get what the problem is 

# swapon /dev/zram0

says it's already busy.

pine64 forum annoying diplay on mobiles / PinePhone
Posted by: mob - 11-11-2021, 06:30 PM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

Hi, not sure if the right place to post this. The forum website display is terrible on a pinephone / FF. The text doesn't fit to screen width, so reading posts is a (2 axes) scrolling pain. I have to use reader mode as a workaround. How is it on other mobile devices ?

How to paste text in Plasma Mobile?
Posted by: jojuma - 11-11-2021, 02:41 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - Replies (5)

That's probably a pretty dumb question, but how do I paste text on Pinephone KDE (Manjaro/Plasma Mobile)?

Phosh for example offers within the keyboard's language selection the possibility to choose the terminal keyboard layout which offers the buttons Ctrl, Tab, etc.
But for Plasma Mobile I cannot find a solution. Tap and hold also has no effect.

So how do I paste text?

Thanks!!!

PinePower 65W GaN Charger, bad EU addapter
Posted by: talpa - 11-11-2021, 12:20 PM - Forum: General - Replies (1)

Hi I would like to ask if I'm the only one that has gotten a very bad quality US to EU power adapter with the 65W PinePower?

If I slightly jiggle the PSU with the EU adapter connected I hear arcing noises.
Apart from the potential fire hazard the connection is bad enough that even a idle/off Pinecil may loose power.

I verified that the issue is with the adapter by using dirt cheap adapter (from aliexpress) which causes the problem to disappear.
(the generic adapter leaves the mains plug slightly exposed but down two holes.... probably not enough of a hazard for me to prevent me from using it)

Is this a common problem (aka. pine64 might want to increase QA) or have I just been unlucky?

Regards Visti

I also just tried the UK adapter it in conjunction with another adapter (that adapts from multiple standards) it also arcs.
I tried to bend the contacts inside the EU adapter back/up to try to ensure a better contact but it still arcs...

Maybe the issue is with the PSU brick itself, but only when the the US style plug is folded down?

Linux Mint can't mount image made with dd
Posted by: nelstomlinson - 11-11-2021, 10:59 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - No Replies

I made an image of the eMMC using sudo bs=1M status=progress dd if=/dev/sdc of=~/20211111.img, then tried to mount it using the Disk Image Mounter. It fails, and dmesg shows:

Code:
[396068.295855]  loop2: p1 p2
[396068.475872] EXT4-fs (loop2p1): INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem
[396068.475873] EXT4-fs (loop2p1): write access unavailable, cannot proceed (try mounting with noload)
[396068.483157] F2FS-fs (loop2p2): Need to recover fsync data, but write access unavailable

It will mount images I have downloaded, but will not mount any that I have made with dd.

Any ideas what's up with that?