Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,135
» Latest member: Clevelanhowell
» Forum threads: 15,690
» Forum posts: 114,585

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Internal WiFi status?
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: cringeops
58 minutes ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 11,234
More powerful smartwatch?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: JohnDoes
Yesterday, 02:05 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 75
Current status of pinenot...
Forum: General Discussion on PineNote
Last Post: Dahrun
Yesterday, 11:40 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,302
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: laserpyramid
Yesterday, 10:09 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 771
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 04:17 AM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 2,346
Using Signal on PinePhone...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: dragonhospital
Yesterday, 02:19 AM
» Replies: 47
» Views: 13,712
Firmware Update for PineP...
Forum: General
Last Post: Pavlos1
Yesterday, 12:53 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 65
Armbian and LibreELEC and...
Forum: Linux on Quartz64
Last Post: balbes150
05-02-2024, 09:09 AM
» Replies: 148
» Views: 59,986
Progress on Wifi Chip
Forum: PineTab Hardware
Last Post: frtodd
05-01-2024, 10:25 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
PinePhone Pro EDL boot by...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: traut
05-01-2024, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 60

Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement
Posted by: TRS-80 - 02-28-2022, 05:02 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook - No Replies

https://www.armbian.com/newsflash/armbia...ouncement/

Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement
Posted by: TRS-80 - 02-28-2022, 05:00 PM - Forum: Linux on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE - No Replies

Armbian 22.02 release announcement
Posted by: TRS-80 - 02-28-2022, 04:55 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (22)

Accelerometer stopped working
Posted by: victor9 - 02-28-2022, 12:14 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTime - Replies (15)

I dropped my watch today from a low hight. The step counter showed a crazy high number and now after restart the accelerometer seems to be dead. No bars when opening the page showing x,y,z. Any idea if it's fixable?

Running infinitime 1.8.0

Shocked WiFi MAC Address on PinePhonePro
Posted by: dsr - 02-28-2022, 09:35 AM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (4)

Hello,

My new one arrived today (beware UK user's there's a £70+ duty charge   Sad ).

Opened the back, removed the plastic tab off the battery, left the dip-switches all to 'On' and inserted a SIM card and then the battery.  Popped it on to charge and it powered up Big Grin  - no need to press button 5 'Power'.

Entered timezone then got taken to wifi screen where it asks me to select a wi-fi (there's no 'NONE' option) so I chose my local wifi and then was asked for a password.  No problems but my wifi has MAC filtering on, I can't connect to it unless I know the MAC address to add to the filter.

Does anybody know how I can display the MAC address of the wireless interface or how to skip the wifi option ?

I've tried swiping the screen pressing the "< WiFi" at the top right of the screen but nothing happens.  I can't find any MAC addresses on the printed paper with the phone or on the box either.

There's nothing on the WIKI either AFAICT.

Regards,

D

improve battery life on pine phone beta?
Posted by: taoschx - 02-28-2022, 06:24 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - No Replies

what are the best methods to improve battery life in the pinephone beta?

Wireless Charging merely @ 0.5 A (PP_Mobian)
Posted by: arno_nuehm - 02-28-2022, 06:13 AM - Forum: PinePhone Accessories - Replies (6)

Hello there,

my new wireless charging case is charging the Pinephone (Mobian Edition) merely at 0.5 A, but the case specs say it should be up to 1.2 A. The charger itself has an output of 15 W.

Any ideas how to boost the charging rate?

Thanks and cheers!

pinephone waking up without reason
Posted by: taoschx - 02-27-2022, 11:08 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - No Replies

hello, has there been news recently about the pinephone waking up without input or notification?

i read it was a known bug.

Photo Makeshift Pinephone Case
Posted by: kmsgli - 02-27-2022, 09:24 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - No Replies

So I did some googling and found a phone with similar dimensions and just the right rendition of that phone case to get a reasonable fit and thought I would share with other who have been looking for a pinephone case that does not feel awful.

Case is from a samsung xcover pro with open top and bottom so a better fit then a fully enclosed case;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R7Z...UTF8&psc=1

All I did was drill two holes for the camera and the flash, otherwise its a perfect fit.

pics for the clicks;

[Image: cas1.jpg]

[Image: case.jpg]

[Image: case2.jpg]

[Image: case3.jpg]

Hesitant to switch over, but help convince me?
Posted by: elagost - 02-27-2022, 08:27 PM - Forum: Sxmo on PinePhone - Replies (1)

So I've been watching SXMO and I'd love to use it full time, but it just seems like, after a few tries, that it takes so many more clicks and actions to do basic things, and that it's not actually simpler than somthing like phosh.
Am I missing something? I do want to use it (been using sway and i3 on the desktop for >5 years) but it feels like I need that "click" moment to happen. When did it "click" for you?
I do have a keyboard addon - does that make it easier?