Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,526
» Latest member: Garesdq1d
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,337

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
6 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
Yesterday, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 735
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Views: 62
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Views: 37
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,316
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,642
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 142
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,440
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 85

Unable to get edimax wifi dongle to work with archlinux on Pine64
Posted by: g3tinmybelly - 04-26-2016, 01:54 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (9)

Hi guys,

The title pretty much describes my situation that I am currently in. I don't know what to do and have been looking online for a while now and I can't seem to figure out the cause of my problem. Has anyone tried to use the edimax wifi dongle on their Pine64 yet and if so did you get it to work?

Throwing in the drawer
Posted by: ThaPharmacist - 04-26-2016, 01:39 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (12)

Looks like I am just gonna throw this in the drawer for awhile and continue using Raspberry pis until something solid is released. I have the 2 gig board and really havent gotten anything done with it. Remix constantly crashes. Hoping for time to really get some solid OS options out there

display problem
Posted by: florianl - 04-26-2016, 12:53 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

i powering up the pine 64 2gb and nothing in the screen  . i tried different screen and cables and none of them getting singles
i Installed the software like he did in the video and noting happening when i turn it on 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJ62s5D...e=youtu.be

Sad display problem
Posted by: florianl - 04-26-2016, 12:51 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (5)

i powering up the pine 64 2gb and nothing in the screen  . i tried different screen and cables and none of them getting singles
i Installed the software like he did in the video and noting happening when i turn it on 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJ62s5D...e=youtu.be

Using external harddrives with pine?
Posted by: skybadiver - 04-26-2016, 10:49 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (19)

I initially purchased the pine64 thinking I could plug my external harddrive into it and watch movies that are saved there.  Unfortunately, I discovered that the pine will not recognize the harddrive.  It made some clicking sounds but that was about it.  I love the pine so far as a computer for my living room but I would love to be able to solve this movie watching problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions they might offer.

Multia (alpha) innards replacement
Posted by: JeffJibson - 04-26-2016, 09:39 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

I have an old Multia.  As commonly happens to them, it overheated.  I kept the old system thinking that it's case would make a nice enclosure for something.  Then, SBCs started coming out.  I thought when a cheaper SBC with a 64bit RISC processor came out, that would be good fit.

Multias are DEC Alpha based systems.  The do not have a BIOS, but SRM and ARC firmware.  UEFI and the command line EFI shell seem to have come from it's design.  It is where I really started using Linux, first RedHat (not EL) version 6 then Gentoo.  Alpha's typically used OSF/1 (Digital UNIX) or OpenVMS.

When I read this article: The Pine A64 is about to become the cheapest ARM 64-bit platform to run Docker and looked into FEL, I thought, here is my what belongs in the old Multia.

So, my thought is to treat the Pine 64+ (2Gig) as the base of a home-brew like system using another SBC, maybe a Pi0, for FEL, to act as it's SRM (boot loader and shell).  I have an old Radio Shack keyboard that would be fun to wire through an Atmel AVR as a keyboard controller.  And to reflect it's OSF/1 heritage, run FreeBSD on it.  It will need other support like MAX232 to connect Pine's TTL serial to the RS-232 port.

WiFi/BT module not working on Android
Posted by: lesilva - 04-26-2016, 05:43 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (7)

Hi all,

Just got the board yesterday and flashed android-ver5.1.1-20160303-pine64-8GB to my A64+ 2GB.

Everything works fine but the OS can't find WiFi/BT module, any idea?

I check a demo video, and can confirm the installation of the module is right.

Wireless Printer
Posted by: Ernst - 04-26-2016, 05:42 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (1)

Hee Guys,

Is it possible  to make a usb cabled printer wirelles using the Pine? For example, connect the printer to the usb on the pine and make a network on the pine?
I would like to print wireless, just like you can do at a Apple Time Capsule

Programming the Pine64
Posted by: cookeys - 04-26-2016, 05:27 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hi, I would like to know how I can programming my Pine64 ; I explain :
For example I would like to turn on led connected to my Pine64 ( on GPIO port I guess ) when it's 10pm.
How I can do that and in general how I can create instructions to execute for him ?

Thanks

Have a nice day

Cookeys

Google Play Services Crashes
Posted by: balornt - 04-26-2016, 01:10 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

I booted up the 20160303 Android image, connect via WIFI (worked great), and start Chrome to test internet connectivity. It crashes so I check the forums which say to uninstall+reinstall Chrome. I open up google play, search for chrome, uninstall it from google play, and reinstall. Everything is working fine so far. I can open chrome without crashing, BUT it says that to use Chrome I must have the most recent version of Google Play Services. 

I ignore the "Google is enforcing their verified devices, DON'T DO IT" feeling in my gut and update Google Play services. Chrome now works, but Google play crashes whenever I try to search for apps or open details of an app saying "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped". 

I have made a bug report for this issue (can't seem to link to my specific bug report but it has the same title as this thread), but figured I should post here as well so the community can hack at it too.