Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,539
» Latest member: harryayers
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,353

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
Yesterday, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 56
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,474
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 409
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 277
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,609
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 507
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 105
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 209
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 139
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 920

Switching from touchscreen to HDMI
Posted by: AUDIOTEK - 08-06-2016, 03:20 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (10)

Will there be a way eventually to be able to switch from the screen to HDMI and vice versa?

I'm using Android but will eventually will be moving to Ubuntu when it is available for the touch screen.

lcd and hdmi dual display
Posted by: jodybrown99 - 08-06-2016, 03:11 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (8)

any way to do both lcd and hdmi at the same time? either mirrored, or preferrably, dual displays?
i know not possible in linux (yet) but hopefully soon (lcd not working at all in linux AFAIK).

even in android this would be nice. like for using as a tablet and then plugging in hdmi to a tv to share your screen with many people, or just to plug in to watch a movie or something.

connect lipo battery to euler bus
Posted by: jodybrown99 - 08-06-2016, 02:47 PM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (19)

i can't find an existing thread on this, so posting new.
can i connect a lipo battery directly to pin 3 on the euler bus (and ground on pin 6 of course)? that is, is this an V-IN pin or just V-OUT?
would i also have to connect a 10k resistor (or what kind of thermister?) to the temp sensor connection on pin 5? i suspect yes.
i dont have a 3 pin JST connector (still in the mail) but i did purchase a battery so i'd like to get the ball rolling here.

HDMI to VGA adapter for Android PineA64 tech support setup
Posted by: MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-06-2016, 12:47 PM - Forum: HDMI Port - No Replies

I am using the LinkS HDMI to VGA & audio adapter on this Android setup with the PineA64 board ! TL Lim tipped me off to this great little adapter, for those of you who would like to adapt an older vga monitor to your PineA64 board. 

This adapter requires no external power (is active) and provides not only the video conversion, but also the audio !  ~a very nice addition to my PineA64 collection of peripheral nit bits.

The keyboard is a logitech K360 paired with the track marble from logitech (M570) on a single receiver.  The monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster SA300 (I'm using the VGA input) which also has a DVI input (but no direct hdmi input).

The hdmi-->vga adapter in the Amazon pic is obviously white (mine is green in the pic above, I don't know the difference otherwise).  Auto adjust worked mostly , and i then tweaked the horizontal and vertical position slightly.  

This setup mirrors my Play Box very closely, and gives me a tech support Android station that is easy to see !

Difference in downloads
Posted by: Obewon - 08-06-2016, 11:25 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (5)

Just wondering what the difference is in the downloads for the different sizes of micro sd cards ?  I've tried 3 different 64 gb cards for android 5.1 and all give me in effect " not enough space " on sd card for image , but it will install a 32 gb version. None of the manufacturers will list the "TRUE" available space on their cards, and your files require more than their actual available space !! Angry

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE at boot + no network/mouse/kb
Posted by: rookieone - 08-06-2016, 12:33 AM - Forum: Windows 10 IoT - Replies (30)

Trying the Windows IoT image, I get a:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

About 3 times, and then it boots, but USB keyboard and mouse not working and "no internet connection".

Then I get stuck at this screen (see attached file):

Anyone similar experiences?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

UVC Camera support
Posted by: mikey0000 - 08-05-2016, 09:28 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

Hi @tllim

I have a compatible usb UVC camera but it does not come up as a front facing camera. Is there any way to check this. Also when will the source be released for the kernel for the latest update? I know there have been UVC camera HAL's made for android so that usb cameras can be used. 

The camera is a logitech C615

Information Request: Gpio Access from Android
Posted by: Zoidiano0 - 08-05-2016, 08:41 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (6)

Hello
i was looking in the android image but seems that the gpio pins are not avaliable in the
/sys/class/gpio  directory
the directory does not even exist

so please any way that we can make this think work on android:>??

of course there is no a single tablet with GPIO
of course its a TABLET
not a Development BOARD!!

then why have android working on the board that have more thant 50+ gpio but u cant acceso from the OS u want  to run on >??

so i think that we need some examples to control them from android Smile
with working pwm, spi, i2c, interrupts etc...

other wise its like y get this board if u need other board to do the things u want to do with it in the first place and the board itself have the gpio u need ????

thanks! :Big Grin

SD card recovery
Posted by: TeaPack - 08-05-2016, 02:12 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (8)

Hi all, today we had a small blackout and my SD card is a damaged a bit...
- it boots, I can log in, but I can't install anything, due to this error:

Error: Unable to read file „/var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File“: Input/output error

I believe that I'm not first one with this problem, but can it be solved without reflashing whole SD card with new image?
Any suggestions?

system too slow to pair and crashes when pairing
Posted by: mus1c - 08-05-2016, 12:31 PM - Forum: Wifi/BT Module - Replies (1)

bluetooth crashes when pairing for first time. using Pine64 2gb latest debian.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)