Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,539
» Latest member: harryayers
» Forum threads: 15,854
» Forum posts: 115,354

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
PinePhone Beta Edition wi...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: spazz
23 minutes ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 8,281
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
Yesterday, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 60
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,476
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 410
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 278
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,611
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 509
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 107
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Views: 209
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 142

Information how to run dropbox terminal on debian base?
Posted by: run-time - 08-09-2016, 06:36 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (4)

I ran the last two commands on this page expecting to get a URL to type in a browser and gain access to my dropbox folder...

https://www.dropbox.com/install?os=lnx

instead i got a long list of errors.  is there an easy way to install dropbox on the latest debian base and if so what is the command?

thanks

GPU Baremetal Programming
Posted by: 404_user_not_found - 08-08-2016, 02:54 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - No Replies

Heya guys,

I've been really interested in getting a Pine64 as a means of toying with a baremetal [i.e. without an OS] machine along with a moderately powerful GPU. In particular, I was looking to write a minimal graphics library without an OS and I was wondering if anyone had already tinkered with the GPU instruction set for the Pine64 and gotten some examples to work.

If not, I was wondering if anyone could point me some examples of baremetal on the MALI400-MP2 or some documentation about how to interface with it.

Thanks!

Lightbulb New procedure for building Android from source
Posted by: jonsmirl - 08-08-2016, 12:31 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (34)

https://gitlab.com/pine64-android/manifest/wikis/home

This procedure is new so it may have issues. The key feature is that all of Android and lichee are in git. That means you can clone the repos (look in the manifest files), make changes, and then send pull requests.  Then use 'repo sync' to get everyone's changes.

Anyone up for getting this working on the longsleep kernel so that we can get rid of lichee?

You need 100GB free disk space, it uses 96GB.
This takes around nine hours to run depending on network and CPU speeds.

$ mkdir ~/bin
$ PATH=~/bin:$PATH
Download the Repo tool and ensure that it is executable:
$ curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
$ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

$ mkdir android
$ cd android
$ repo init -u https://github.com/pine64-android/manifest.git -b master
$ repo sync
$ . ./build/envsetup.sh
$ lunch (tulip_chiphd-user, Baomi/db1000)
$ make -j 5
$ cd ..
$ mkdir lichee
$ cd lichee
$ repo init -u https://gitlab.com/pine64-android/manifest.git -b master
$ repo sync
$ ./build.sh config (choose '0' for all)
$ ./build.sh
$ cd brandy
$ ARCH=aarch64 ./build.sh
$ cd ../../android
$ extract-bsp
$ pack

image in:
../lichee/tools/pack/sun50iw1p1_android_Baomi-db1000_uart0.img

This makes a Phoenix card image.
Lot's of tools for installing here: lichee/tools/tools_win

To get a 'dd' image, install it to an SD Card. Boot it. Then use 'dd' to copy the image off from the SD Card.

Google Play login seems to be working in this build.

Also note that by adding items to the manifest apps like Kodi can be included in the build.

Alternatives to Chrome
Posted by: crisra13 - 08-08-2016, 10:52 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (1)

Hi Everyone,

After spending time with the OS, I've found that the core system runs well on the 2 gb version save for one app: Chrome. Chrome at times can be incredibly sluggish even after I refresh the memory. Does anyone know of any alternatives to the browser that I can get off the Google Play Store that run faster than Chrome?

Thanks,
Cris

Zelda Android PlayBox
Posted by: Cloakboy - 08-08-2016, 09:32 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (4)

Just thought I'd share my project I've been working on.  I'm building an Android playbox for my son, which is running emulators for NES, SNES, N64, and others.  I wanted it to be all enclosed in a fun box to take hither and yon with a battery for long car rides.  I still have some work to do (waiting on the longer screen cables from the playbox kit to mount the touch screen in the top), but here is progress thus far.

Delivery Day
[Image: 01.jpg?psid=1]

Putting it all together for a quick test
[Image: 02.jpg?psid=1]

Decided to do the Zelda chest.  All this to go in there.
[Image: 03.jpg?psid=1]

Cutting access holes.  Bought mini-extensions to expose instead of trying to get the board port cutouts just right... plus the sizing just wasn't right for it. 
[Image: 04.jpg?psid=1]

First coat of stain I stained around the detail
[Image: 08.jpg?psid=1]

Second coat I stained over detail
[Image: 09.jpg?psid=1]

Add the gold finish to the detail
[Image: 10.jpg?psid=1]

Rear tri-force
[Image: 11.jpg?psid=1]

Here are the guts sans-touchscreen (that is currently laying on a foam board on top awaiting longer display cables from playbox kit)
[Image: 12.jpg?psid=1]

Here it is all plugged in and running!  Usb thing is just wireless 360 controller receiver which I want to build into it as well.  One thing I don't like is the fact that I can't run to HDMI when running only on battery... which kinda stinks but ok.
[Image: 13.jpg?psid=1]

System process stopped responding and reboots
Posted by: exa - 08-08-2016, 05:28 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (5)

Hello,

So I flashed remix OS 20160718 64Gb on my pine, on a class10 sd card and I'm using the Pine provided power block.

First it took a long time to boot, now the boot is not too bad, after several attempts I managed to get past the keyboard selection and license agreement.

So I'm now on the desktop and I managed to open the settings and to activate the wifi but even without activating it the system process ends up blocking so I choose to wait but no long after the pine reboots....

I was using ubuntu mate for a few weeks without issues except a bit of an unresponsive interface but RemixOs is unusable for me.

Any idea/fix?

Pine64 with VLC RTSP/RTSP Streaming
Posted by: AUDIOTEK - 08-07-2016, 07:29 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

What OS should I use?  All I want to do with the Pine is to use VLC and stream RTP/RTSP feeds

I tried Android 5.1 with touchscreen and VLC has no problem streaming a stream

Now I'm playing with Ubuntu Xenial image  I'm able to open streams but no playback or it's very pixelated, connection is good I'm running another computer on the same network and I have plenty of bandwith. Can the Pine do this without a graphic card?

Pine64 Shuts Down
Posted by: AUDIOTEK - 08-07-2016, 04:15 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (3)

I just installed that build
Ubuntu Linux Image [20160530] based on Longsleep work, build by Pine64

Interesting that with the touchscreen the Pine shuts down just before the login screen appears    Any reasons for that?

High Level Conceptual Question - IoT, maker type projects
Posted by: HayseedGeek - 08-07-2016, 08:09 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (3)

Pine64 is the first SoC type system I've owned and I got excited when I heard about all of the different hardware connectors it offers- eular, i2c, ext, rpi-2, etc. because I've seen various maker type projects that fascinate me where folks using other boards like RasberryPi and Arduino, etc. connect to stepper motors and servos , that'll take input, say, from old WII remotes to do cool things. 

One video I saw showed a guy who bought used electric wheelchair motors from eBay to make a remote controlled lawn mower, for example. The Windows/IoT/Azure site has a project that uses, I believe, facial recognition, to manipulate the lock on an entry door. 

Most of these projects seem to use drop-in Python (or other scripting languages) scripts to manages all of the input and output signals.

I know Pine64 has the promise of the Z-Wave modules working soon and there are temperature and light sensors available- and I'm not particularly referring to that type of use, but not specifically ruling it out either. I've seen some of the GPIO discussion threads and will confess being completely lost, but I suspect that others doing such projects with other boards don't have that sort of expertise either. 

As I stated, I have very little experience with such projects, so I'm not asking for too many specifics at this point, but I am curious as to the current state of things, in terms of a noob completing these sorts of projects, generally. Can someone with basic scripting experience and the ability to read pin-out diagrams buy some connectors and breadboards and get started today with that sort of tinkering using one of the Ubuntu or Debian builds presently available?

Wifi module antenna
Posted by: MrWolf - 08-06-2016, 06:36 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (9)

Hey, kind of curious...

What did you do with the antenna on your wifi module? Did you stick it anywhere? Are you just letting it flop around?

I'm not sure if I want to use the adhesive part to stick it somewhere yet but also I think it shouldn't bounce around freely.

What do you think?