Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,542
» Latest member: belinda3072
» Forum threads: 15,857
» Forum posts: 115,357

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Pinebuds volume in each e...
Forum: General
Last Post: CaptSpify
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Unable to switch from Was...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: Bruce Kissinger
7 hours ago
» Views: 3
Searching for a PinePhone...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: RubiksCube
Yesterday, 12:35 PM
» Views: 25
PinePhone Beta Edition wi...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: spazz
Yesterday, 05:55 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 8,305
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
10-01-2024, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 84
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
10-01-2024, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,512
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 418
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 292
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,647
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 515

GPS Tracking Business
Posted by: merche - 09-15-2016, 10:39 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (3)

Hello, I am thinking about creating a business of providing services of GPS servers and tracking system. 
We already made website for GPS tracking that is ( https://www.gpswox.com/ ) and still working for improving our services. 

Please feel free to provide business and project ideas about my business. 

Thank You.

Yocto for Pine64
Posted by: mont3z - 09-15-2016, 08:44 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (5)

Hi all,

just release an initial version of a yocto meta layer for pine64. Currently it was tested with my board which is a 1MB board. It currently just supports pine64 plus but it shouldn't be hard to have it working for Pine64 with 512MB.

You can find the meta layer and instructions here: https://github.com/mont3z/meta-pine64

Chees,
Montez

How to power off Android on Pine64
Posted by: johnsl - 09-15-2016, 08:15 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (18)

Hi,

Apologies for asking a low level question, but I can't find any way to stop Android on the Pine 64 other than just killing the power.

All 'normal' android devices have a power button - and there seems to be no way to do a clean power off without one - the problem occurs in many android forums from users with phones/tablets with broken power buttons.

Is there any obvious way to do this without soldering a power button onto the board or finding some solution via rooting the installation?

John.

The new ECHO DOT AMAZON Assistant
Posted by: killor - 09-15-2016, 04:56 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - No Replies

Hi !!!

Amazon makes its new release gachet ECHO DOT improved and is now smaller and better price 50 $ ...

I know there are people who have done something similar for Raspberry Pi,

I wonder if anyone is doing well for Pine 64? Dodgy

Thank's

Playbox case orderable?
Posted by: schindlb - 09-14-2016, 05:50 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (8)

Can one even order the playbox case anymore? I would like one; don't see it on the "shop" pages.

A video on armdevices.net ...
Posted by: umiddelb - 09-14-2016, 02:29 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

about the Pine64 can be found here.

Exclamation JAVA App. not working correct
Posted by: wrongway - 09-14-2016, 11:14 AM - Forum: Debian - No Replies

Iam trying to setup a arduino CNC machine I have the IDE arduino
 installed and runnung and flashed the hex file and it is taking g-code
 commands one at a time but I need a g-code sender like
 universial g-code sender but its java base and wont run correct I start it in a terminal
and its start I guest no errors but there is no GUI so I dont know what to do?

USB serial and UART
Posted by: Pajeet - 09-14-2016, 04:51 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

Is it possible to do UART / system messages only thru a 5V 2A male to mini usb male cable? Can I do serial if I power the board thru the USB on the same USB cable. Thanks

Creating a complete linux image
Posted by: yuvgin - 09-13-2016, 06:25 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hi,

I'm a real newbie to embedded linux. I have some experience with C programming and a Freescale development board but lack direction on where to start regarding building my own system for my pine board.

I've read about u-boot, file systems, kernels, libc and gcc but can't find a practical explanation on what to do and with what tools to do it with. For example, how to tweak and compile longsleep's kernel and build tool to make my own image? Or how do I build my own kernel? What are the actual steps and actions to take? Which files do I need? How do I manipulate them? Where does the work take place? What software is used? And other questions of this sort.

I'd like to build my own system to utilize GPIO pins, SPI, I2C and other modules on the board.

Can anyone offer some advice or point me to the right reference or eBook?

ANY help at all would be great.
Thanks

Bluetooth Adapter not detected
Posted by: anakratis - 09-13-2016, 04:01 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (3)

Hi everyone,

I was trying to get my WiFi/Bluetooth module up and running, but to no avail. I'm using Debian Linux Jessie w/ MATE GUI [20160701] + Longsleep kernel. WiFi works just fine, but when I try to access the available bluetooth adapters with blueman, it tells me that there are no adapters available.

From what I have read around the forums, it seems that bluetooth should have been fixed in the current Debian distro + kernel. Any thoughts?