Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,094
» Latest member: WilliamThompson
» Forum threads: 15,673
» Forum posts: 114,520

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Pinephone Pro + Keyboard ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: AegisWages
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 669
Slarm64 on PinePhone [Uno...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: donchurch
Yesterday, 12:12 PM
» Replies: 37
» Views: 24,734
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: JohnA
Yesterday, 06:03 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 2,015
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: bongosunny
Yesterday, 02:22 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 521
Ghost inputs on volume in...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: SpoiledMilk
04-21-2024, 12:52 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 611
how to use rk2aw-spi-flas...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Pavlos1
04-21-2024, 04:05 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 112
New Hardware
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: names_mark_
04-20-2024, 11:01 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 55
Uefi
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
04-20-2024, 10:08 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 2,270
Install Tow-Boot on the S...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Tutorials
Last Post: alchemist
04-19-2024, 12:20 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 8,072
Help needed to understand...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Pelecanus
04-19-2024, 07:59 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 96

No shipping number?
Posted by: Thaddeus1 - 11-05-2018, 01:49 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (5)

Hello,
I ordered a 11.6” pinebook on September 6, order #73075. I have not received a shipping number. Wondering what’s happening with my order, thanks.

ClusterBoard "crowd-sourced" case by c4labs
Posted by: arrigo - 11-04-2018, 02:40 PM - Forum: Clusterboard - Replies (8)

I recently contacted c4labs (https://www.c4labs.com/) to see how much a case for a ClusterBoard fully populated with SOPINE modules and cooling fans would cost. The development costs were very high but they were willing to try a crowd-sourced route.

They are willing to build one if they get 100 orders before 25th January 2018 or they will refund orders. The case will cost $64.99.

The link is:

hxxps://www.c4labs.com/product/presale-pine64-cluster-case-pine64-clusterboard-with-7-sopine-compute-module-slots/

You should c&p the link and replace "xx" with "tt" because they have an issue with their website whereby externally redirected links (as opposed to direct links) end up being sent to a fake advertising site (they are aware of this and trying to fix it but they are case manufacturers not web developers…). Alternatively the link is also straight off their front page as "PINE64 Cluster Case PRESALE" which is also safe.

Note: I did ask PINE64 for permission to post, I am not affiliated with c4labs, I just wanted a custom case for my ClusterBoard and was shopping around as I don't have the skills to make one myself. I am interested in other ClusterBoard cases which take care of optimal airflow for the fully-populated board.

Arrigo

(@cynicalsecurity on Twitter)

Question ClusterBoard questions (eMMC, consoles, etc.)
Posted by: arrigo - 11-04-2018, 02:33 PM - Forum: Clusterboard - Replies (3)

I've been looking at the Wiki and through the threads here and have a couple of questions on the ClusterBoard I have just received:

1) the eMMC slot maps to the SOPINE module in slot 0, correct? The other slots cannot be connected to the eMMC?

2) where does one connect the serial console for the SOPINE modules? I bought the serial console "PINE64 USB SERIAL CONSOLE/PROGRAMMER" but where should I connect it to access the consoles of the SOPINEs?

3) reading the threads it seems that heat is an issue: I bought my three SOPINE modules without heatsinks - is the ROCK64 / PINE A64 / PINE H64 Heatsink OK for the SOPINE?

4) are there pins on the ClusterBoard where one can connect fans (see 3 above)? Should they be powered independently or is there somewhere to pick up a 5V supply off the main PSU?

I plan to run my ClusterBoard as the "CPU cluster" off a Rock64Pro NAS providing disk space so thermal issues are important for me.

Thanks,

Arrigo

(@cynicalsecurity on Twitter)

Question Normal operating temperatures ?
Posted by: ilovegentoo - 11-04-2018, 09:29 AM - Forum: Linux on RockPro64 - Replies (3)

Hi everybody,

I just tried my new rockpro64 4GB board and I installed the 30mm tall heatsink to see how it performs (no fan).

After about 5-10 minutes of stress test using sbc-bench.sh -T 80 I found it to reach 75 °C.
At idle it is sitting at about 43 °C (still passively cooling 15 minutes after the end of the stress test)

The heatsink was installed using some NOCTUA NH-H1 thermal compound I had laying around (I didn't use the thermal pad since I thought that heat transfer would be more effective using standard CPU thermal compound). A very thin layer of thermal paste was applied on all the middle ("raised") surface of the chip.

Do these temps look normal to you? I just did a basic Debian 0.7.9 SD card install.

Thanks  Smile

Pinebook 11.6
Posted by: pbdude123 - 11-04-2018, 09:24 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook - Replies (4)

Which flavor of Linux comes preinstalled on the Pinebook?

Failed to start Network Manager Wait Online
Posted by: vertex - 11-03-2018, 07:47 PM - Forum: Armbian - Replies (1)

I have a ping64+ 1Gb that refuses to obtain a IP address.

ip addr:

Quote:1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 26:6f:b5:31:80:36 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet6 fe80::246f:b5ff:fe31:8036/64 scope link
3: sit0: <NOARP> mtu 1480 qdisc noop state DOWN group default
    link/sit 0.0.0.0 brd 0.0.0.0

Doing a sudo ifconfig eth0 down && sudo ifconfig eth0 up results in:

Quote:[ 5060.383772] Call trace:
[ 5060.592128] Call trace:

Edit:
Output from: systemctl status NetworkManager-wait-online.service
Quote:NetworkManager-wait-online.service - Network Manager Wait Online
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager-wait-online.service; enabl
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2018-08-23 15:00:12 UTC; 20s ago
Docs: man:nm-online(1)
Process: 999 ExecStart=/usr/bin/nm-online -s -q --timeout=30 (code=exited, sta
Main PID: 999 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Aug 23 14:59:42 pine64 systemd[1]: Starting Network Manager Wait Online...
Aug 23 15:00:12 pine64 systemd[1]: NetworkManager-wait-online.service: Main proc
Aug 23 15:00:12 pine64 systemd[1]: Failed to start Network Manager Wait Online.
Aug 23 15:00:12 pine64 systemd[1]: NetworkManager-wait-online.service: Unit ente
Aug 23 15:00:12 pine64 systemd[1]: NetworkManager-wait-online.service: Failed wi

I also attached the serial out from the first boot.

I have also tried to manually set a mac address. That does not seem to change anything. I could be doing it wrong.

Edit:
It does look like I am using the provided mac address:
Quote:eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:06:dc:8b:41:a5
inet6 addr: fe80::206:dcff:fe8b:41a5/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:3 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:15 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:401 (401.0 B) TX bytes:2462 (2.4 KB)
Interrupt:114

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
RX packets:80 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:80 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:6368 (6.3 KB) TX bytes:6368 (6.3 KB)

sit0 Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4
NOARP MTU:1480 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

Any suggestions welcomed.

Attached Files
.txt   firstboot.txt (Size: 13.73 KB / Downloads: 383)

SD-HDD migration
Posted by: Trash_Can_Man - 11-03-2018, 06:32 PM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (9)

On one of my rock64 i have omv and its booting from a sd card, im going to get my hands in a week or two on a usb-sata adapter (the same one you guys sell on the store) and a small-ish ssd, and i would like to start to use it to boot, ive read a lot about how to write the spi for this use but what do i need to do to specify a specific usb drive to boot from? i mean AFAIK if you have more than 1 usb drive and you use /dev/sda the names can rotate and the unit wont boot, where/how do i set it to use the drive UUID?
Second question, what is the easier method to copy exactly my install to the ssd? when i need to copy microsd to microsd or do a full backup i use this, would it work with an ssd target? (i know i would have to resize it with gparted after the copy, but its less of a hassle than install everything again) never mind, i just saw their site, apparently it should work with ssd without problem, first question still stands...
Thanks in advance for any help/tip

Exclamation New Pinebook users start here (01.11.2018)
Posted by: Luke - 11-03-2018, 04:12 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook - Replies (8)

Congratulations on your new Pinebook! This post relates primarily to the updated IPS 1080p Pinebook with KDE Neon as default OS, which began shipping in November 2018. That said, some of the points relate to non-1080p Pinebooks and other OS'.

In this post I will cover two basic topics which are bound to come up: 1) tweaks to the default KDE Neon build and 2) alternative OS selection.

The KDE Neon build that ships with the Pinebook is very polished, but there are some areas where you can significantly improve your experience. There is also a bug that prevents suspend from working correctly, which is thanfully easily solved.

[edit 08.11.2018] Looks like the default KDE Neon build as well as Ayufan's builds have the incorrect display refresh-rate. Unfortunately, the refresh rate in BSP is hard-coded. In other words, if you want non-tearing / smoother feeling desktop then you may want to not get too used to your current installation, as its unlikely you'll be able to just update / upgrade to get 60hz working in the near future.  

KDE Neon Tips and Tricks (Build date 28.10.2018):

• [edit 06.11.2018] Installer language. On the first boot you will find the OS language  is set to Chinese - don't worry about it (clearly the people at the factory needed to make this alteration to flash the eMMC). The first thing you want to do is connect to your WiFi. After connecting to your access point, click the installer on the desktop.  In the installer you can select the language of your choice. 

• Trackpad Sensitivity. The default sensitivity of the trackpad is too low to be usable. Click the KDE menu and type 'mouse' - click the mouse settings, which should be the first option that pops-up, and navigate to advanced. Increase the pointer acceleration and threshold to your liking. I am linking my settings, which I found to work well.
    [Image: ZuCSWlD.png]
  • Font and Display Scaling. The updated Pinebook rocks a high DPI screen for an 11.6" laptop. This means that all icons and text will appear tiny by default. Thankfully there is a simple fix to both the small font and icons, buttons, etc., Click the KDE menu and type 'fonts'; this is pretty self explanatory - select the size that you are comfortable with. The other important setting is scaling. To access it, open the KDE menu and type 'displays'. In the 'displays' menu navigate to -> 'Scale Display'. Here you will find a slider that will allow you to scale-up desktop components. N.B. You will need to restart the Pienbook after scaling the display. Picture for reference:
[Image: sOUTmIO.png]
  • Speaker Volume Settings. The speakers (and headphone output) on the Pinebook can be made somewhat louder. Navigate to the terminal by typing 'konsol' in the KDE menu. In terminal type
    alsamixer. Scroll using right arrow key to the far end of the extensive selection of options until you encounter 'speaker volume' setting. By default, its set to 74 but can be increased to ~85 without much distortion. Picture for reference:

[Image: VgtW5gV.png]
  • Wake from suspend issue (important). There is an issue related to screen locking that prevents the Pinebook from resuming from suspend. The solution to the problem is, at the time of writing, to disable screen lock on resume as well as screen locking after a preset period of time. To access the relevant menu type 'screen locking' in KDE menu and hit enter. You will need to uncheck BOTH 'lock screen automatically after: [time in minutes]' and 'lock screen on resume'. [edit] if you still experience problems please read rookieone's post here.This will make the Pinebook wake up as expected; picture for reference:
  • [Image: 0FgAEH7.png]

Alternative OS' and where to find flashing instructions:

[edit 12.11.2018] Users are putting together a list of all available OS images here

It will take some time for other OS images to become compatible with the 1080p panel. However, already at launch there already is a fair number of images to try out:

I do not know what the state of *BSD compatibility is with the 1080p Pinebooks at launch, nor [edit] NetBSD - and likely other *BSD - OS images for the Pinebookk work out of the box. I do not  know whether default android builds for earlier iterations of the Pinebooks will work. I'll update this post once i find out. Current Android images do not work on the Pinebook - an Android image for the Pinebook will be released in the future.
I will also update the list of compatible Linux OS images as they become available.

All OS images can be flashed using different methods to the internal eMMC. For instructions on how to flash the Pinebook with a new/ different OS' please read the NOOB section on the wiki.

BTO booking - email problems?
Posted by: jfrederickson - 11-03-2018, 04:10 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook - Replies (8)

Hey, so I've put my email in the BTO booking list in the past (at least several months ago), and I've never heard anything back. (No confirmation email or anything.) Since then I see there's another production run of the 11.6" Pinebooks, which is the one I really wanted before but the site said they weren't available at the time.

I just submitted my email address through the form again, and haven't received a confirmation email this time either. Is it just expected that I put in my email address, and I'll maybe hear back someday or maybe not? I want to buy one of these things!

Wrong resolution and very slow start of wifi.
Posted by: jgpacc - 11-02-2018, 02:24 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - Replies (2)

I have some kiosk built on Raspberry Pi 3 doing advertising in various places. Wifi or wired.  They work fine but I am looking for potential replacements.  Would like more RAM and faster wifi.

I am testing Rock64 with 2gb ram and using the emmc along with Odroid wifi dongle. The one with big antenna.
I loaded Bionic desktop LXDE.  I am at the point that I have it boot directly into Chromium and to a web site to get the graphics for the kiosk.  All is running with 2 problems.

The wrong resolution is being used. It says it is 1920x1080p/60.  The color is poor/wrong and its a grainy display on full screen.  I am using HDMI on to a Visio 32 inch TV.  (RPI3 work correctly on the TV).   Using xrandr command it says the resolution is 1824x984 when running RPi3.  Its 1920x1080 on the Rock64.

Second issue is when using wifi and following a reboot,  it will often fail to establish a wifi connection in time to connect to web site.  I do a sleep 30s before launching which made it better but not 100%. I could increase the sleep time. Just wondering if there is something else.

The resolution issue is the show stopper.  Any thoughts on how to get it correct.
Thanks