Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,137
» Latest member: benroll
» Forum threads: 15,691
» Forum posts: 114,590

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
www.pine64eu.com is block...
Forum: General
Last Post: deuitpym
1 hour ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 281
Risc-V laptop from Spacem...
Forum: General
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 96
Trackpoint
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
1 hour ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 842
How to eraese defekt SPI ...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
2 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 502
Armbian for Pine64 LTS
Forum: Linux on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE
Last Post: Mark88
4 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Internal WiFi status?
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: cringeops
7 hours ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 11,260
More powerful smartwatch?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: JohnDoes
Yesterday, 02:05 PM
» Views: 87
Current status of pinenot...
Forum: General Discussion on PineNote
Last Post: Dahrun
Yesterday, 11:40 AM
» Views: 1,302
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: laserpyramid
Yesterday, 10:09 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 777
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Yesterday, 04:17 AM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 2,351

ROCK64 NAS guide
Posted by: midstar - 03-11-2019, 10:40 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - No Replies

Hi,

I have been using a Raspberry Pi and lately a Banana Pi as a NAS. The throughput of these devices is really slow (3-4 MB/s for Raspberry Pi and 8-10 MB/s for Banana Pi). I have been looking for an alternative with USB 3.0 for several years and last year I finally found ROCK64 and I'm really happy that I bought it. 

Since I'm always connected to my NAS through a 802.11b Wifi network my bandwidth is limited by the network and not by the ROCK64. I have a throughput of 20 MB/s over Wifi which is perfect for my needs.

To help others to get started with using ROCK64 as a NAS I wrote a guide here:

https://midstar.home.blog/

Best Regards,
Joel

How is the RockPRO64 with android?
Posted by: nJoy. - 03-11-2019, 05:02 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - No Replies

Hi, so I am thinking of getting a RockPro for my projects. Looks nice by specs and most importantly it looks like it supports android. So here is my question. How well does it work with it? I am thinking of doing a car media center and I wouldn't like if it would lag badly like raspberry does. Not much information on how it performs. Atleast not that I know of. So maybe someone could give me some info? How well does it perform?

Thanks and best regards!

NAS Case and two hard drives?
Posted by: jsfrederick - 03-10-2019, 08:12 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (7)

I finally got around to putting together my RockPro64 and the NAS case.

I have the PIne64 power supply (12V/5A) as well as 2 8TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives.

When I booted from Armbian, NextcloudPI, and Ayufan's OMV image on an EMMC card, all is fine.

Once I added the 2 Drives, nothing...

Reimaged the EMMC and tried with 1 Drive, nothing...

Reimaged the EMMC again and tried with a WD 4TB Red NAS drive, nothing...

Reimaged again and tried with just the EMMC card and all is fine.

Guessing the Hard Drives I have are drawing too much power for the stock Pine64 power supply. Is it possible to put in a higher amp power supply? Maybe 6 or 7 amps?

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status of Parrot Linux on Pinebooks?
Posted by: secristr - 03-10-2019, 02:39 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook - No Replies

Does anyone know the status of Parrot Linux on the Pinebooks? 

From the Parrot side many moons ago I asked their forums when I saw an announcement about a port in the press, and at the time was told there were issues with binary blobs.  Today the "other builds" downloads area has a Pine 64 ARM link
but the README.txt file there says only "Pine64 images are not yet available. We hope to release them as soon as possible."

Thanks,
rcs

Rock 64 network error as soon as I try to write or read.
Posted by: georgegohl888 - 03-10-2019, 01:27 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - Replies (1)

hi,
I'm trying to build a rock 64 nas with a 1tb hdd to upgrade from my raspberry pi nas that topped out at 11 MB/s.
I have installed OMV multiple times and followed tutorials. Everything seems to work. I can mount the network drive however what happened is that when I would write files to it it would start at 11 MB/s and slowly tail off to zero then windows gives me a network error and i have to restart the rock 64. I've tried everything. Bought a new usb 3 adaptor, installed various flavours of linux and used samba instead but the same error. ive tried disabling the uas driver all to no avail. It seems to be able to write some data but seems to get stuck on larger files.
Any ideas?
Thanks, George

RK3328 officially updated to Android 9
Posted by: ycllwl - 03-10-2019, 04:14 AM - Forum: Android on Rock64 - Replies (3)

When will ROCK64 follow up?

https://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware-a5x...-20181128/

PCI-E Card failure?
Posted by: smx - 03-10-2019, 03:21 AM - Forum: RockPro64 Hardware and Accessories - Replies (1)

Hey,
like how I ask in my previous post : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=7125 - I have connected the RP64 to an molex +12 Volt cable of my 600W ATX PSU - Its working without any pci-e card, booting up etc as expected.

If I test the voltage, my half working diagnostic tool say its arriving 13-14 Volt ... (is this normal? not 12v??) - I cant check the current (amp) but how I understand there should be enough amps, in the internet somebodys say its can be 12A depending on how many devices connected, so I have no other devices on that 600W PSU.

I try just with ayufans image : stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.7.14-1081-armhf.img.xz

The SATA PCI-E Card which I bought:

• Chipset: ASMedia1061 x 4
  • Ports: 8 SATA 6GB/s Ports
  • Compliant with PCI-E Specification V2.0 and backward compatible with PCI-E 1.X
  • Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
  • Compatible with SATA 6G, 3G and 1.5G Hard drives
  • Compliant with PCI-E Specification v2.0 and backward compatible with PCI-E v1.x
That chipset, I saw was patched to the kernel which ayufan is using, I double checked in his source-code to find, and I did.

On the board, all the LED´s working normal, heatsinks of both cards are getting hot and the LAN-Port LED´s blinking as normal.

If I connect a HDMI cable, I get a signal, but the screen is blank/black (no cursor) - with and without connected card

Has anyone a hint how I can debug with a verbose boot to see errors or booting sequence on the hdmi signal?

Its possible that the PCI-E Card is not get enough power? I have a extender cable for PCI-E x4 (20cm) - ( If I connect it with that extender the RED/WHITE LED´s are not turning on or turning off quickly, without that extender the LED´s working normal. )

I saw several times on PCI-E GPU extender cables that is separatly powered with a normal DC-Jack plug. I have at office someof this mining pci-e x1 usb extender, but Im afraid its not provide enough bandwith for GIGABIT storage function.

[url=https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/download/0.7.14/stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.7.14-1081-armhf.img.xz][/url]

Trying to install OpenBSD, I get u-Boot error
Posted by: AndroTester - 03-09-2019, 05:34 PM - Forum: BSD on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE - Replies (1)

Hi there.

I tried to install OpenBSD, I copied the minirootfs to sd card from an OpenBSD machine and copied relevant dtb to sd card:

dd if=miniroot64.fs of/dev/rsd0c bs=1m
mount /dev/sd0i /mnt
mkdir /mnt/allwinner
cp /usr/local/share/dtb/arm64/allwinner/sun50i-a64-pine64.dtb /mnt/allwinner

But it didn't help. I get 
U-Boot SPL 2018.09 (Oct 12 2018 - 03:54:15 -0600)
DRAM: 0 MiB
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Please advise

[Solved]Need Help with Power Supply Spec: Has Pico Cluster completely screwed me up ?
Posted by: axelf - 03-09-2019, 02:54 PM - Forum: RockPro64 Hardware and Accessories - Replies (2)

Hi All,
        I purchased 10 x RockPro64 + 64GB eMMC + NVMe PCIe Card  for my cluster.

I then purchased a PicoCluster 10H (High Power) RockPro64 Case PSU Kit etc etc.

I have had 3 months of sheer hell getting the cluster working with any degree of stability.

Their wiring loom was so unprofessional I should have had the alarm bells ringing at the beginning.

They were shoving 3-4 awg 22 cables into fork crimps rated at awg 14-16 and the cable insulation was not properly secured as a strain relief. The power would intermittently drop if you wiggled the cables too much.

So I rewired the loom .. and in doing this I noticed the power supply was 5v 18A   ...

When I checked the specs of the Rock Pro 64 it says 12v 3A minimum .

Am I right to go ballistic at PICO Cluster for this massive bit of incompetence?

I don't know if the spec has changed on the Rock Pro 64 and it was 5v 3A?

I am surprised that the RockPro64 would even boot on 5V when it was rated at 12v!

GPU acceleration?
Posted by: Brian Beuken - 03-09-2019, 09:24 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (3)

Very happy to have a nice RockPro 64 in my collection and was putting it though its paces. But I am having some issues with the GPU drivers.

I've got a couple of other RK3399 boards, and they are all basically clocked the same etc, but they do differ quite a bit on GPU performance. The RockPro64 does not seem to come with on board GLES drivers on Ubuntu, so I installed Mesa. This worked (it usually does) but at much less than the performance of the Rock Pi4 which has the same GPU and similar to the Nano Pi NEO4.

I'm going to assume then that the GPU drivers are not currently fully implemented, so is there any timescale when there will be full GPU acceleration to experiment with GLES3.0+ and Vulkan? Or can someone tell me if one of the other OS's has GPU acceleration?