Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,102
» Latest member: Medina
» Forum threads: 15,678
» Forum posts: 114,532

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
30 minutes ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 144
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
1 hour ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 558
Heart Rate Monitoring
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: Ccssid
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 09:41 AM
» Views: 30
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 08:45 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
Can Pinecil Read USB-C Ca...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil
Last Post: Garywoo
04-23-2024, 01:48 PM
» Views: 17
[Star64] Help needed in u...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
04-23-2024, 10:58 AM
» Views: 47
Need help in understandin...
Forum: General
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
04-23-2024, 10:37 AM
» Views: 42
Slarm64 on PinePhone [Uno...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: donchurch
04-23-2024, 10:29 AM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 25,003
New Hardware
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: dachalife
04-23-2024, 08:41 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 104

Desktop distro and pcie nvme ssd
Posted by: futurejones - 03-15-2019, 04:02 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (2)

Hi,
I have a RockPro64 and the pcie nvme adapter plus a wd black ssd.
I wish to use a full desktop, boot from sdcard and use the nvme ssd for extra storage.

Can anyone recommend which distro install to use.
Thanks.

Clusterboard networking problems
Posted by: BryanS - 03-14-2019, 05:50 PM - Forum: Clusterboard - Replies (25)

I've recently acquired a clusterboard with some compute modules, along with a baseboard. I've verified the modules are operational via the baseboard, and boot via the clusterboard's serial terminal. I'm using the latest stable version of Armbian. The board is being powered via an external supply coming into the connector beside the coaxial power jack, to which I've soldered screw terminals. I've also tried the "official?" brick supplied from Ameridroid.

I'm having trouble getting the modules to talk to the network. I've assigned the modules static IP addresses within Armbian, and it appears to be correct when I check it. The yellow LEDs are blinking as if there is network traffic, and the green are all blinking in unison save the slot(s) where modules are installed. If I tell a particular module to halt, the green LED stops blinking.

Is there something I'm missing? I've read about some changes to network timing in other threads, but I'm not sure where to go with this.

Pinebook internals
Posted by: kodkuce - 03-13-2019, 05:20 PM - Forum: Pinebook Hardware and Accessories - Replies (1)

Hi so from what i saw this new pinetop has usbcontroller and all stuff on 1 board right? Will there be options to buy board whitout whole laptop?
Can i block reading screen serial number?

Is the Micro SD U3 or U1?
Posted by: kardanadm - 03-13-2019, 06:30 AM - Forum: RockPro64 Hardware and Accessories - Replies (3)

Does U3 micro Sd cards make a difference according to U1?

Is there a noticeable difference in Linux systems?

Slow SMB Transfer speed.Sent multiple email to Pine64 website and No single reply
Posted by: avelec - 03-12-2019, 03:17 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - Replies (3)

Hi,

I have the problem with file transfer speed with my Rock64 (4Gig ram with Pine 64 power adapter). Rock64 connected to Gigabit router port. 

From Windows Surface Book pro3 PC (connected to AC wifi) to Rock64 external USB 3.0 HDD: Only get: 10- 16 MB/s.

Back from Rock64 to Surface Book pro3 PC ONLY : 12-19 MB/s

Sent multiple email to Pine64 website and No single reply. Such a terrible company, will never buy Pine64 product anymore.

I have tried all version of OMV from ayufan, pine64 website, pre-release or stable version. Check my USB3 to SSD adapter and was confirmed with UAS support.

root@rock64:~# lsusb -t

/:  Bus 05.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M

|__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Mass Storage, Driver=uas, 5000M

/:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 480M

/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci-platform/1p, 12M

/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M

/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc2/1p, 480M

root@rock64:~# lsusb -v -d 152d:1561 | grep -i interface

bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)

bNumInterfaces          1

Interface Descriptor:

bInterfaceNumber        0

bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage

bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI

bInterfaceProtocol     80 Bulk-Only

iInterface              0

Interface Descriptor:

bInterfaceNumber        0

bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage

bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI

bInterfaceProtocol     98

iInterface              0

I have no Idea how to fix this, what is going on? ?( 

Thankful for all Ideas!

Thoughts on Linux OS vs Just Enough Linux Media Boxes
Posted by: buzzmarshall - 03-12-2019, 08:30 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (1)

As a long time developer i recently bought a Rockpro64 for a totally unrelated development that i am working on but over the years have developed my own embedded Media OS along the lines of the original OpenELEC and more current LibreELEC or CoreELEC and am interested in moving them off the Amlogic platform over to the Rk3399 SoC and am curious as to what the general consensus with regards to the emerging SBC scene is when it comes to a fuller embedded linux system as compared to something like LibreELEC thats really more of a Kodi driven development.

Over the years i have become well aware of the issues with the newer Mali based GPU's and the lack of a real working graphics stack that actually makes use of the advantages of the Mali's being used and a few years ago a couple of us RE'd our own solution and created blobs to use with newer kernels then typically supported by the Manufactures BSP's being provided, so i understand most of the issues currently trying to be solved both privately and publicly.

Currently i am working on a Debian version with kernel 5 support as it need it for my other project but am just curious as to what peoples thoughts are as to just fixing the graphics issues in Debian and then running Kodi properly built for that as compared to splitting my time and trying to support the Media box scene. I realize that people working on Android boxes would naturally prefer something like LibreELEC but i am more interested in what people moving into the SBC scene would think is better. 

sorry if i step on someones toes but i am not in any way interested in anything to do with Anroid tho.

thanx and i look forward to seeing what peoples thoughts are.

also as a hardware guy i must say i am extremely impressed with the rockpro64 and its capabilities as compared to a few of the other boards i have looked at.

How to compile ayufan repo step by step?
Posted by: hisstone - 03-12-2019, 03:09 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - No Replies

I am recently buy a rock64 board, when search using google, I found  ayufan repo, so I download the SD card image from release link below: 
https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-b.../tag/0.7.9 , such as stretch-minimal-rock64-0.7.9-1067-arm64.img.xz

[url=https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/download/0.7.9/stretch-minimal-rock64-0.7.9-1067-arm64.img.xz][/url]the rock64 can start normal and into the linux system.

But when I changed some config in kernel, what is the step to create a SD image base on some components like: u-boot.img, boot.img, and buildroot rootfs.ex4.

Thanks a lot.

ROCK64 NAS guide
Posted by: midstar - 03-11-2019, 10:40 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - No Replies

Hi,

I have been using a Raspberry Pi and lately a Banana Pi as a NAS. The throughput of these devices is really slow (3-4 MB/s for Raspberry Pi and 8-10 MB/s for Banana Pi). I have been looking for an alternative with USB 3.0 for several years and last year I finally found ROCK64 and I'm really happy that I bought it. 

Since I'm always connected to my NAS through a 802.11b Wifi network my bandwidth is limited by the network and not by the ROCK64. I have a throughput of 20 MB/s over Wifi which is perfect for my needs.

To help others to get started with using ROCK64 as a NAS I wrote a guide here:

https://midstar.home.blog/

Best Regards,
Joel

How is the RockPRO64 with android?
Posted by: nJoy. - 03-11-2019, 05:02 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - No Replies

Hi, so I am thinking of getting a RockPro for my projects. Looks nice by specs and most importantly it looks like it supports android. So here is my question. How well does it work with it? I am thinking of doing a car media center and I wouldn't like if it would lag badly like raspberry does. Not much information on how it performs. Atleast not that I know of. So maybe someone could give me some info? How well does it perform?

Thanks and best regards!

NAS Case and two hard drives?
Posted by: jsfrederick - 03-10-2019, 08:12 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (7)

I finally got around to putting together my RockPro64 and the NAS case.

I have the PIne64 power supply (12V/5A) as well as 2 8TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives.

When I booted from Armbian, NextcloudPI, and Ayufan's OMV image on an EMMC card, all is fine.

Once I added the 2 Drives, nothing...

Reimaged the EMMC and tried with 1 Drive, nothing...

Reimaged the EMMC again and tried with a WD 4TB Red NAS drive, nothing...

Reimaged again and tried with just the EMMC card and all is fine.

Guessing the Hard Drives I have are drawing too much power for the stock Pine64 power supply. Is it possible to put in a higher amp power supply? Maybe 6 or 7 amps?

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk