Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,185
» Latest member: decorraza
» Forum threads: 15,709
» Forum posts: 114,676

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Netbds10.0 on Rock64 not ...
Forum: BSD on Rock64
Last Post: Ingen
1 hour ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 39
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: treebeard
Yesterday, 07:58 AM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 2,865
USB charging is unreliabl...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 04:29 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
Yesterday, 04:23 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 292
how to enable /dev/i2c-0 ...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
Yesterday, 12:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 71
Official Debian support
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: rempfer
05-16-2024, 11:00 PM
» Replies: 63
» Views: 52,603
Android Gaming Image
Forum: Game Station Emulation
Last Post: Abeldean
05-16-2024, 09:18 PM
» Replies: 51
» Views: 76,153
upgrading u-boot--what ve...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: bsammon
05-16-2024, 05:59 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
PineTime for kid
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-16-2024, 03:35 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 122
WiFi Walkie Talkies?
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-16-2024, 03:28 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 130

NAS Case and two hard drives?
Posted by: jsfrederick - 03-10-2019, 08:12 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (7)

I finally got around to putting together my RockPro64 and the NAS case.

I have the PIne64 power supply (12V/5A) as well as 2 8TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives.

When I booted from Armbian, NextcloudPI, and Ayufan's OMV image on an EMMC card, all is fine.

Once I added the 2 Drives, nothing...

Reimaged the EMMC and tried with 1 Drive, nothing...

Reimaged the EMMC again and tried with a WD 4TB Red NAS drive, nothing...

Reimaged again and tried with just the EMMC card and all is fine.

Guessing the Hard Drives I have are drawing too much power for the stock Pine64 power supply. Is it possible to put in a higher amp power supply? Maybe 6 or 7 amps?

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status of Parrot Linux on Pinebooks?
Posted by: secristr - 03-10-2019, 02:39 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook - No Replies

Does anyone know the status of Parrot Linux on the Pinebooks? 

From the Parrot side many moons ago I asked their forums when I saw an announcement about a port in the press, and at the time was told there were issues with binary blobs.  Today the "other builds" downloads area has a Pine 64 ARM link
but the README.txt file there says only "Pine64 images are not yet available. We hope to release them as soon as possible."

Thanks,
rcs

Rock 64 network error as soon as I try to write or read.
Posted by: georgegohl888 - 03-10-2019, 01:27 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - Replies (1)

hi,
I'm trying to build a rock 64 nas with a 1tb hdd to upgrade from my raspberry pi nas that topped out at 11 MB/s.
I have installed OMV multiple times and followed tutorials. Everything seems to work. I can mount the network drive however what happened is that when I would write files to it it would start at 11 MB/s and slowly tail off to zero then windows gives me a network error and i have to restart the rock 64. I've tried everything. Bought a new usb 3 adaptor, installed various flavours of linux and used samba instead but the same error. ive tried disabling the uas driver all to no avail. It seems to be able to write some data but seems to get stuck on larger files.
Any ideas?
Thanks, George

RK3328 officially updated to Android 9
Posted by: ycllwl - 03-10-2019, 04:14 AM - Forum: Android on Rock64 - Replies (3)

When will ROCK64 follow up?

https://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware-a5x...-20181128/

PCI-E Card failure?
Posted by: smx - 03-10-2019, 03:21 AM - Forum: RockPro64 Hardware and Accessories - Replies (1)

Hey,
like how I ask in my previous post : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=7125 - I have connected the RP64 to an molex +12 Volt cable of my 600W ATX PSU - Its working without any pci-e card, booting up etc as expected.

If I test the voltage, my half working diagnostic tool say its arriving 13-14 Volt ... (is this normal? not 12v??) - I cant check the current (amp) but how I understand there should be enough amps, in the internet somebodys say its can be 12A depending on how many devices connected, so I have no other devices on that 600W PSU.

I try just with ayufans image : stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.7.14-1081-armhf.img.xz

The SATA PCI-E Card which I bought:

• Chipset: ASMedia1061 x 4
  • Ports: 8 SATA 6GB/s Ports
  • Compliant with PCI-E Specification V2.0 and backward compatible with PCI-E 1.X
  • Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
  • Compatible with SATA 6G, 3G and 1.5G Hard drives
  • Compliant with PCI-E Specification v2.0 and backward compatible with PCI-E v1.x
That chipset, I saw was patched to the kernel which ayufan is using, I double checked in his source-code to find, and I did.

On the board, all the LED´s working normal, heatsinks of both cards are getting hot and the LAN-Port LED´s blinking as normal.

If I connect a HDMI cable, I get a signal, but the screen is blank/black (no cursor) - with and without connected card

Has anyone a hint how I can debug with a verbose boot to see errors or booting sequence on the hdmi signal?

Its possible that the PCI-E Card is not get enough power? I have a extender cable for PCI-E x4 (20cm) - ( If I connect it with that extender the RED/WHITE LED´s are not turning on or turning off quickly, without that extender the LED´s working normal. )

I saw several times on PCI-E GPU extender cables that is separatly powered with a normal DC-Jack plug. I have at office someof this mining pci-e x1 usb extender, but Im afraid its not provide enough bandwith for GIGABIT storage function.

[url=https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/download/0.7.14/stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.7.14-1081-armhf.img.xz][/url]

Trying to install OpenBSD, I get u-Boot error
Posted by: AndroTester - 03-09-2019, 05:34 PM - Forum: BSD on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE - Replies (1)

Hi there.

I tried to install OpenBSD, I copied the minirootfs to sd card from an OpenBSD machine and copied relevant dtb to sd card:

dd if=miniroot64.fs of/dev/rsd0c bs=1m
mount /dev/sd0i /mnt
mkdir /mnt/allwinner
cp /usr/local/share/dtb/arm64/allwinner/sun50i-a64-pine64.dtb /mnt/allwinner

But it didn't help. I get 
U-Boot SPL 2018.09 (Oct 12 2018 - 03:54:15 -0600)
DRAM: 0 MiB
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Please advise

[Solved]Need Help with Power Supply Spec: Has Pico Cluster completely screwed me up ?
Posted by: axelf - 03-09-2019, 02:54 PM - Forum: RockPro64 Hardware and Accessories - Replies (2)

Hi All,
        I purchased 10 x RockPro64 + 64GB eMMC + NVMe PCIe Card  for my cluster.

I then purchased a PicoCluster 10H (High Power) RockPro64 Case PSU Kit etc etc.

I have had 3 months of sheer hell getting the cluster working with any degree of stability.

Their wiring loom was so unprofessional I should have had the alarm bells ringing at the beginning.

They were shoving 3-4 awg 22 cables into fork crimps rated at awg 14-16 and the cable insulation was not properly secured as a strain relief. The power would intermittently drop if you wiggled the cables too much.

So I rewired the loom .. and in doing this I noticed the power supply was 5v 18A   ...

When I checked the specs of the Rock Pro 64 it says 12v 3A minimum .

Am I right to go ballistic at PICO Cluster for this massive bit of incompetence?

I don't know if the spec has changed on the Rock Pro 64 and it was 5v 3A?

I am surprised that the RockPro64 would even boot on 5V when it was rated at 12v!

GPU acceleration?
Posted by: Brian Beuken - 03-09-2019, 09:24 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (3)

Very happy to have a nice RockPro 64 in my collection and was putting it though its paces. But I am having some issues with the GPU drivers.

I've got a couple of other RK3399 boards, and they are all basically clocked the same etc, but they do differ quite a bit on GPU performance. The RockPro64 does not seem to come with on board GLES drivers on Ubuntu, so I installed Mesa. This worked (it usually does) but at much less than the performance of the Rock Pi4 which has the same GPU and similar to the Nano Pi NEO4.

I'm going to assume then that the GPU drivers are not currently fully implemented, so is there any timescale when there will be full GPU acceleration to experiment with GLES3.0+ and Vulkan? Or can someone tell me if one of the other OS's has GPU acceleration?

ROCK64 keeps connection
Posted by: bikz19 - 03-09-2019, 06:08 AM - Forum: Ethernet Port - Replies (1)

Dear reader,

I have a question about my ROCK64 4GB board, but I do not really know where to post the problem, as I think it can fit into multiple categories. So I'm posting here, and someone can move it to another topic if needed Smile

The problem is that I keep losing the ability to SSH into the board from another PC in the network. I've ruled out that it is a problem with the router ports, and the board is configured with a static IP through both netplan and /etc/network/interfaces (didnt really know which one takes precedence so I did both).

This problem occurs when I connect my usb hub with two external harddrives. The hub is externally powered, and functioning as expected (tested on another PC). The board itself is powered with the official 5A power supply.

When not connected to the hub, the board seems to be working fine. I can SSH into it and it stays connected. When I connect the hub and reboot, it takes forever to get a connection to the board. And when it succeeds, I can log in but it disconnects after a short while (not always the same time, but soon after logging in). I use Putty from a Windows machine to connect, but Putty gives no error or messages that it has been disconnected, it just freezes. After this has happened, I can no longer see the board from the connected devices in my router. Then, after a longer time (5 minutes or so) it shows up in the connected devices again. I can then connect again and the same thing happens.

So my thoughts were that the usb hub somehow drains so much power from the board that the ethernet interface cannot be powered sufficiently. I know that harddrives can require a lot of power, especially during spinup, thats why I bought a usb hub with external power supply. Is it possible that this power supply is not powerful enough to power the two harddrives and is trying to take the additional needed power from the board? Or could this problem be due to some other component on the board?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, and that I have provided enough information to do so. If you need more information or specs, please feel free to ask.

Kind Regards,

Bik

Interview on The Linux Lads Podcast
Posted by: Bicko - 03-09-2019, 05:38 AM - Forum: General - Replies (1)

Hi,

This is aimed at Luke (not sure how to @ someone on here!).
Are you 'Lucasz' that was interviewed on the latest episode of The Linux Lads Podcast?

It was a really great and informative interview, and I recommend it to everyone wanting a little more 'behind the scenes' information on the forthcoming products.  Personally, I'm more interested in the Pinebook Pro but, after listening to the interview, I'm now interested in the development of the PinePhone too.

Great job!