Has the Pine worked with your HDMI display?
Everything I hooked it to worked!
26.42%
Some screens/cables worked for me.
33.96%
Nothing has worked so far.
39.62%
53 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

HDMI issues
I have tried three HDMI displays and two cables, as well as two different power sources, (one has 2.1A available and the other has 2.4A) Every time the unit starts to flicker/stays steady for a minute/starts flickering again. I can enter commands when the display is steady, so the processor is working. Maybe I should just get it set up with a static IP and run headless. That is tricky since NIC also has issues
Hi, I'm more or less in the same situation as LinuxGeek, I tested 3 HDMI cables (cheap and expensive) and 3 tv screens of different brands and generations and I can not make pine64 signal. I'm a little desperate, any ideas? :/
I've used my Pine64 2GB version with longsleep's Unbuntu image and I am able to get picture on my Visio TV, and it also worked using a very cheap (~$4) HDMI to VGA adapter with with a VGA monitor. I know with longsleep's image the resolution is set for 1080p, so if your monitor/TV can't support that resolution it probably won't display properly.

These are very early development boards, and Allwinner isn't as helpful as they should be in making these things work. I've been playing with OrangePi PCs, based on the Allwinner H3 SoC) since last summer and functionality is still in need of improvement. There is a lot involved in getting these new SoCs to work with OSes with full hardware support. Patience is a virtue.
Currently playing around with Arduinos, CHIPs, Orange Pis, PineA64s, Raspberry Pis, etc.
Works hdmi-hdmi with a Samsung "smart TV" but not with any of my other monitors.  Tried various cables and adapters, no joy.  I sure don't want to buy more hardware without assurance it will work.  Besides, it seems like a problem that could be solved through software changes.  If I find what works, I will post.  Meanwhile, frustration abounds.
This is my case-
I did try installing 3 operation systems, Android, Ubuntu and Remix OS, and got the same result of the colour, which looks different from what I saw on YouTube (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dxl9jeLyEw)... I got a purple background rather than a black one... a green background rather than a white one... 

Sad
(06-04-2016, 09:11 PM)tankie64 Wrote: This is my case-
I did try installing 3 operation systems, Android, Ubuntu and Remix OS, and got the same result of the colour, which looks different from what I saw on YouTube (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dxl9jeLyEw)... I got a purple background rather than a black one... a green background rather than a white one... 

Sad

Have you tried another hdmi cable?
(06-04-2016, 11:04 PM)CaptainZalo Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 09:11 PM)tankie64 Wrote: This is my case-

Sad

Have you tried another hdmi cable?

Yes, I did. It seems it becomes normal when I change the monitor input colour format from RGB to YPbPr... Any idea what the reason behind...?  Huh

EDIT: HDMI-DVI cable was used for connecting the board to the DVI port of the monitor and direct HDMI to the TV is OK.
Not sure specifically why, but it is a common issue that is easily fixed.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
None of the computer monitors that I own have HDMI input, but they all have DisplayPort and DVI-D.
My PINE64 will not connect to any of them.

Other boards using Allwinner chipsets, like the Orange Pi and Banana Pi have a special utility to adjust graphics output to fix this problem, but not the PINE64.

It has to do with disabling HDCP on the HDMI output.  Correction, as I've been informed that HDCP is disabled by default.

It's been solved on the other single board computers, so how do we solve it here?
My rather limited experience:

Large FHD monitor w/HDMI-DVI - didn't work with anything
LG 42" w/direct HDMI - worked with Android (didn't test Debian yet)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad HDMI to DVI Color issues? leatherlips 5 15,180 10-09-2017, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Would HDMI screen for Raspberry PI work? dhewko 1 3,443 07-23-2017, 06:43 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Exclamation HDMI 1024 x 600 mus1c 4 6,220 01-09-2017, 07:30 AM
Last Post: mus1c
  HDMI-DVI aminhb 11 17,428 01-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Monitor no output (through HDMI to DVI adaptor) gam01hr 10 14,833 11-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Armbian User
  HDMI CEC ayufan 15 19,509 09-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Last Post: ayufan
  HDMI to VGA adapter for Android PineA64 tech support setup MarkHaysHarris777 0 2,397 08-06-2016, 12:47 PM
  hdmi_group CEA or DMT hdmi group specify uEnv.txt MarkHaysHarris777 2 4,974 07-01-2016, 08:23 AM
  No CEC over HDMI? utdrmac 2 5,602 03-07-2016, 03:05 PM
Last Post: utdrmac
  HDMI 3D, ARC + Ethernet Channels? bigmacattack 4 11,979 01-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Last Post: StefanB