A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro
In order to recover from the unmaintained Manjaro Plasma distribution for the Pinephone Pro, I attempted to convert the Manjaro distribution to use the DanctNIX Arch repositories. But, although I found a cookbook list of steps to convert from Manjaro, the cookbook did not specify correctly how to renew the Arch keys. And I am not sure if the DanctNIX repository is included.

So I did not persist, and then gave Rhino Linux a tryout.

The keyboard symbols became a priority for me, so I tried to fix the issue on the Mobian Phosh partition. I could only manage to fix the missing symbols on the Linux console screens.

Next, I installed a btrfs image of DanctNIX SXMO for the Pinephone Pro. The main partition needed extension using gparted on a USB connection, and the btrfs format had to be explicitly extended. The complete re-installation of the Arch keys was needed. The required Zathura package was not preinstalled, and Megapixels and Surf do not work. The btrfs snapshots are not preconfigured. A bluetooth mouse will not install, but it is kind of an alien idea to SXMO.

But the keyboard symbols work!
(10-08-2023, 12:40 PM)mburns Wrote: In order to recover from the unmaintained Manjaro Plasma distribution for the Pinephone Pro, I attempted to convert the Manjaro distribution to use the DanctNIX Arch repositories. But, although I found a cookbook list of steps to convert from Manjaro, the cookbook did not specify correctly how to renew the Arch keys. And I am not sure if the DanctNIX repository is included.

So I did not persist, and then gave Rhino Linux a tryout.

The keyboard symbols became a priority for me, so I tried to fix the issue on the Mobian Phosh partition. I could only manage to fix the missing symbols on the Linux console screens.

Next, I installed a btrfs image of DanctNIX SXMO for the Pinephone Pro. The main partition needed extension using gparted on a USB connection, and the btrfs format had to be explicitly extended. The complete re-installation of the Arch keys was needed. The required Zathura package was not preinstalled, and Megapixels and Surf do not work. The btrfs snapshots are not preconfigured. A bluetooth mouse will not install, but it is kind of an alien idea to SXMO.

But the keyboard symbols work!

Arch keys are generated by
Code:
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux

Then you should sync the packages and update the keyring
Code:
sudo pacman -Sy
sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring

Then do a whole system update
Code:
sudo pacman -Syu

If you need to add the DanctNIX repository. Add it to the /etc/pacman.conf
Source: https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...nf.aarch64
Code:
$sudo nano /etc/pacman/conf
#Add these line to the bottom of the file
[danctnix]
Server = https://p64.arikawa-hi.me/aarch64/danctnix/

Then you should sync the packages again
The mouse problem was apparently my fault. I did not setup the mouse correctly for pairing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone pro. zetabeta 14 1,881 Yesterday, 05:40 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Image Latest Phones Ship with vorell 6 620 02-29-2024, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Tow-Boot, a new U-Boot option for Pinephone Pro and other devices Ulfnic 60 45,220 02-13-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Rhino Linux does not seem ready for the PinePhone Pro. mburns 2 977 11-23-2023, 08:39 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Arch SXMO Stopped Booting After A Megi Linux Update. mburns 0 466 11-07-2023, 09:52 AM
  Megapixels on Mobian Bookworm on PinePhone Pro - Not Launching X0X0X0X0X0 1 714 11-07-2023, 09:44 AM
  Seeking Contributors: Apache NuttX Real-Time Operating System for PinePhone Pro lupyuen 2 1,730 09-14-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  What to do if your PinePhone Pro does not boot fxc 19 19,483 09-10-2023, 03:19 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone(pro) modem bug / shortcomings MadameMalady 2 2,462 06-19-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MadameMalady
  Cannot update new PinePhone Pro bent 6 3,515 05-15-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma