Image Latest Phones Ship with
I just received a Pine Phone Pro the other day and was playing around in the pre-beta sailfishOS install when I accidentally disabled Developer mode and the OS sort of bricked itself. I was able to flash Manjaro ARM to keep tinkering with it, so the phone itself is fine.

I've been searching but haven't been able to find a community link to the image the phone shipped with. It was the latest sailfishOS 4.5, does anybody know where I can re-download that image?
You received a PinePhone Pro with SailfishOS preinstalled? Where did you order it from?
(02-25-2024, 02:12 AM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: You received a PinePhone Pro with SailfishOS preinstalled? Where did you order it from?

Yes newest batch comes with Sailfish. And also with rk2aw on spi.

Flashing sailfish is done with this script:
https://github.com/sailfish-on-dontbeevil/flash-it
Thanks,
I will try re-loading towboot and then using that script.
(02-25-2024, 04:19 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote: Yes newest batch comes with Sailfish. And also with rk2aw on spi.
Ah indeed, https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-pro...r-edition/ even says so.

Kinda disappointing that the PinePhone Pro now ships with a proprietary operating system by default. I presume that this also means that some money is flowing to Jolla (and hence funding proprietary software development) for that?
The real question is when is pine going to ship brand new hardware and put the og pinephone out to the pastures? I have no problems with sailfish shipping with the phone or whatever os they decide to do but if you have ro pay for sailfish, congrates you git lucky.
I really wonder what the arrangement with Jolla is. There is never enough money to fund Free Software development, so I am surprised that there seems to be money now to license a proprietary operating system. Users buy a PinePhone or a PinePhone Pro to run Free Software, not yet another proprietary UI running on a Linux kernel (if that were what I wanted, I would get an Android phone!), so I would expect it to come with Free Software preinstalled and any money spent on software to be spent on Free Software, not proprietary software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro mburns 2 848 11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Factory AOSP image but for your SD card! Danct12 14 8,467 04-03-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: strungar
  Netfilter not working on latest manjaro kernel robocone 1 1,198 12-29-2022, 09:11 PM
Last Post: robocone
Question Recovery/Live image? Greendrake 0 841 07-18-2022, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Greendrake
  Latest Manjaro-Phosh and Arch-Phosh won't boot grinzie 6 3,857 07-01-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Flash Pinephone Pro image from SD card to eMMC? jcun4128 9 6,840 03-11-2022, 09:09 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Factory AOSP image source? krazey 0 875 02-01-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: krazey
  rk3399 AOSP 9 image brb78 3 3,242 01-16-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: josekar