Rhino Linux does not seem ready for the PinePhone Pro.
I installed the rhino image file on the internal chip. It booted well enough, very showy compared to Mobian. (I have the PinePhone Keyboard installed.)

On reboot, the status panel was not present, neither was the virtual keyboard. I could not adjust the screen magnification from 100%, or add a Bluetooth mouse. With work, the Linux console could be quite usable. I did not have the knowledge of XFCE4 to recover the panel, virtual keyboard, or mouse.

This update command works:
$ pacstall -Up
(08-24-2023, 08:15 AM)mburns Wrote: I installed the rhino image file on the internal chip. It booted well enough, very showy compared to Mobian. (I have the PinePhone Keyboard installed.)

On reboot, the status panel was not present, neither was the virtual keyboard. I could not adjust the screen magnification from 100%, or add a Bluetooth mouse. With work, the Linux console could be quite usable. I did not have the knowledge of XFCE4 to recover the panel, virtual keyboard, or mouse.

This update command works:
$ pacstall -Up

If it's all gone pair shaped I also regularly use "onboard" - Simple On-screen Keyboard to get me out of trouble with touch screens on Pi's ? Just tried it on Mobian on PPP but just crashes out with a GTK error ? Don't know if it's available / works on PPP in Rhino ?

Can you run "xfce4-panel" from terminal ?

Code:
xfce4-panel

I've accidentally removed the xfce4 panel once with a Xubuntu PC build so not sure if that will help in Rhino ?

Again possibly useless noting you can't get a Bluetooth mouse however a USB C connected mouse ?

If you could get to the xfce menu I think "panel" might help in the search bar at the top of the menu with it's settings / restore ? 

Or running "terminal" from there and "xfce4-panel" from the open terminal ?

Taken from this ;

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxquestions/..._xfce_how/

Possibly not helpful in Rhino but thought I'd throw my 5 cent's in anyway Wink
The difficulty with the mouse connection was my failure to setup the mouse correctly for pairing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone pro. zetabeta 14 1,870 Yesterday, 05:40 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Tow-Boot, a new U-Boot option for Pinephone Pro and other devices Ulfnic 60 45,212 02-13-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: fxc
  A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro mburns 2 842 11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Arch SXMO Stopped Booting After A Megi Linux Update. mburns 0 466 11-07-2023, 09:52 AM
  Megapixels on Mobian Bookworm on PinePhone Pro - Not Launching X0X0X0X0X0 1 710 11-07-2023, 09:44 AM
  Seeking Contributors: Apache NuttX Real-Time Operating System for PinePhone Pro lupyuen 2 1,728 09-14-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  What to do if your PinePhone Pro does not boot fxc 19 19,469 09-10-2023, 03:19 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone(pro) modem bug / shortcomings MadameMalady 2 2,461 06-19-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MadameMalady
  Cannot update new PinePhone Pro bent 6 3,515 05-15-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Any tips to improve the audio quality of calls on the PinePhone Pro? tux_life 2 1,529 05-12-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma