Seeking Contributors: Apache NuttX Real-Time Operating System for PinePhone Pro
Hi All: @annerajb and I are porting Apache NuttX RTOS (Real-Time Operating System) to PinePhone Pro. And we welcome you to join us!

NuttX is a lighter, simpler alternative to Linux / Unix. NuttX Apps look very similar to Linux, because NuttX is compatible with POSIX.

Why NuttX? It's great for folks who are curious about the Bare Metal Internals of PinePhone Pro. And it might become a Daily Driver someday!

Today, NuttX Mainline boots on PinePhone Pro to the Serial Console. It runs simple Linux-like commands.

We seek your help to build up NuttX for PinePhone Pro:

- I2C Touch Input (@annerajb is working on this)
- Display Driver (VOP for RK3399, based on NuttX MIPI DSI)
- Touchscreen Apps (with LVGL and maybe Zig)
- 4G LTE Modem (SMS, Voice Calls, maybe a Feature Phone?)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, GPS, etc
- USB Host Controller (EHCI)
- Plus a whole bunch of other features (Similar to NuttX on PinePhone)

Please let us know if you'd like to contribute. The code for NuttX on PinePhone Pro is here.

I've documented the entire process of porting NuttX to PinePhone, it might speed things up for PinePhone Pro. Thanks!

(BTW I'm a Volunteer with the Apache NuttX Project Mgmt Committee)
(08-24-2023, 08:26 PM)lupyuen Wrote: I am trying to boot the image on my pinephone pro my steps:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/annerajb/nuttx
cd nuttx
make
cp nuttx.bin Image
gzip Image

left with the Image.gz file I use balena etcher to write it to a micro sd card then insert it into the phone that already has towboot written to it.

Nothing came up on the screen it mostly just vibrated periodically and the red light flashed. Are these the correct steps to flash on the image or am I missing something?

thanks

Hi All: @annerajb and I are porting Apache NuttX RTOS (Real-Time Operating System) to PinePhone Pro. And we welcome you to join us!

NuttX is a lighter, simpler alternative to Linux / Unix. NuttX Apps look very similar to Linux, because NuttX is compatible with POSIX.

Why NuttX? It's great for folks who are curious about the Bare Metal Internals of PinePhone Pro. And it might become a Daily Driver someday!

Today, NuttX Mainline boots on PinePhone Pro to the Serial Console. It runs simple Linux-like commands.

We seek your help to build up NuttX for PinePhone Pro:

- I2C Touch Input (@annerajb is working on this)
- Display Driver (VOP for RK3399, based on NuttX MIPI DSI)
- Touchscreen Apps (with LVGL and maybe Zig)
- 4G LTE Modem (SMS, Voice Calls, maybe a Feature Phone?)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, GPS, etc
- USB Host Controller (EHCI)
- Plus a whole bunch of other features (Similar to NuttX on PinePhone)

Please let us know if you'd like to contribute. The code for NuttX on PinePhone Pro is here.

I've documented the entire process of porting NuttX to PinePhone, it might speed things up for PinePhone Pro. Thanks!

(BTW I'm a Volunteer with the Apache NuttX Project Mgmt Committee)
Hi @throwaway very sorry I missed your post, I hope these steps will boot NuttX on your PinePhone Pro:

https://github.com/apache/nuttx/pull/101...1712963949

We're now working on the NuttX GPIO Driver for PinePhone Pro, we documented our findings here:

https://github.com/annerajb/nuttx/pull/1

For folks keen to learn about Apache NuttX Real-Time Operating System: I'll be talking about NuttX on PinePhone at the NuttX International Workshop, Sep 29 & 30. Free Registration for the online workshop:

https://events.nuttx.apache.org/

(Sorry we're not quite ready to talk about NuttX on PinePhone Pro yet)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone pro. zetabeta 14 1,872 Yesterday, 05:40 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Tow-Boot, a new U-Boot option for Pinephone Pro and other devices Ulfnic 60 45,217 02-13-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: fxc
  A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro mburns 2 842 11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Rhino Linux does not seem ready for the PinePhone Pro. mburns 2 977 11-23-2023, 08:39 AM
  Megapixels on Mobian Bookworm on PinePhone Pro - Not Launching X0X0X0X0X0 1 710 11-07-2023, 09:44 AM
  What to do if your PinePhone Pro does not boot fxc 19 19,470 09-10-2023, 03:19 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone(pro) modem bug / shortcomings MadameMalady 2 2,461 06-19-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MadameMalady
  Cannot update new PinePhone Pro bent 6 3,515 05-15-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Any tips to improve the audio quality of calls on the PinePhone Pro? tux_life 2 1,530 05-12-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Mobian has new separate packages to support the PinePhone Pro mburns 22 7,402 04-10-2023, 12:02 PM