Manjaro PBP stable update 2022-06-19 bricked
I check for updates daily, and keep up with all updates.
Today there was a rather large install/update set of 300 packages total.  It took around an hour.
It included a new u-boot.

After the install I rebooted, and it appeared to work.  Aisleriot seemed to fail, but that is a minor thing.  I installed the u-boot update to the EEMC using the usual commands.  After that, on reboot it failed and locked at "script failed, continuing" at a => prompts and the status light yellow.  It did not continue.

Booting form an old SD card to Manjaro, I installed the OLDER u-boot to the EMMC in case I had a bad u-boot image, but that did not change the behavior.

Has anyone experienced this? 
I am looking for a way to recover so I do not have to migrate my home off to the SD card and update that.
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)
2nd day later it stopped booting at all.  Power button does not even turn on the power light.  Appears dead.

Considering opening and removing the EMMC.  If that allows it to boot form SD card then I may need to order a replacement EMMC.  

Rather a pain.  If anyone has a better suggestion, link, or pointer I would appreciate the word.  I check back here tor news every day or two.
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)
Long press the power button to shut down, and then prepare the native default system, preferably the image of the latest version of Manjaro arm KDE, write it to the SD card and insert it into the SD card slot. At the same time, put the image of the system into a USB flash disk and insert it into the notebook.

Then, remove the back cover, press and hold the recovery key (one of the two small black cylinders) above the motherboard with your fingertips, and then press the power key. At this time, the screen flashes several times for a long time. After it is displayed normally, it will enter the SD card system. During startup setting, do not install the system. In the trial state, open the start button, find the manjaro arm flasher , open it, find the system image in the USB flash disk in the path, set the partition where the installation location EMMC is located, press start , and exit the flasher tool after running is completed。

Next, click the start button to shut down.

Then, unplug the USB flash disk and SD card and turn it on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 166 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Exclamation 'failed to open panfrost' after system update using archarm Puckla 1 212 03-01-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Puckla
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,605 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 213 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,914 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 291 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 746 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,913 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,853 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald