Trouble getting Wifi board to work with Remix OS
Good morning!

I got my Pine 64+ 2GB board last week and have been playing around with it a bit. I installed the Wifi/Bluetooth module that came with it (making sure it was put on the correct way with all the pins lining up), and then installed the Remix OS image onto an SD card:

sun50iw1p1_android_db1000_uart0.img

Everything was installed onto the SD card just fine, and the system booted up fine. I was not able to get the WiFi working right out of the box, so I plugged in my ethernet cable and looked for any updates. There were no updates. I am able to get online with the ethernet plugged in, but just not WiFi.

I turned on the Bluetooth portion, and was able to "see" my other BT devices. 

Is anyone else having issues getting the WiFi or Bluetooth to work, and does anyone have any thoughts on how to get it to work, or even troubleshoot it?

I'm fairly new to tinkering with these types of things. I've used Raspberry Pi machines in the past with USB dongles for WiFi, but this is obviously different.

Thanks, in advance!
Seussman71 ...

I'm in the same boat except on Debian Mate ... I'm on the wired internet NOW, but can't find the WiFi device at all anywhere.  I just posted in "How to connect with wifi" thread in Debian section.  For "sudo iwconfig" I get "no wireless extensions." for eth0, sit0, and lo ... there is no wireless device listed ???

Hopefully somebody can bail us out!  Sincere Thanks for any and all comments, suggestions, and assistance.

Blessings in abundance, all the best, & ENJOY!
Art in Carlisle, PA USA
(05-07-2016, 08:02 AM)Webtest Wrote: Seussman71 ...

I'm in the same boat except on Debian Mate ... I'm on the wired internet NOW, but can't find the WiFi device at all anywhere.  I just posted in "How to connect with wifi" thread in Debian section.  For "sudo iwconfig" I get "no wireless extensions." for eth0, sit0, and lo ... there is no wireless device listed ???

Hopefully somebody can bail us out!  Sincere Thanks for any and all comments, suggestions, and assistance.

Blessings in abundance, all the best, & ENJOY!
Art in Carlisle, PA USA

I had issues with the wifi at first. Im on Debian 8 Jessie. However I was able to view networks and connect with them but couldn't use their service. What you do is install gedit. when you get that you should be able to open the read only file interfaces located at /etc/network when you get there comment out the line auto eth0. Save it and restart your pine. This will allow for it to use wifi as a primary source of wifi. It disables ethernet entirely. However if you do not wish to use wifi all the time then just type ifdown eth0 every time you log into your pine. It will bring it down but not disable it entirely. I am not sure if this might help with you actually viewing networks but it will definitely help you use them.
I downloaded remix os from jide.com website and everything worked fine. Wifi and BT working flawlessly.

2 gig board+Wifi/BT module
(05-06-2016, 11:50 AM)Seussman71 Wrote: Good morning!

I got my Pine 64+ 2GB board last week and have been playing around with it a bit. I installed the Wifi/Bluetooth module that came with it (making sure it was put on the correct way with all the pins lining up), and then installed the Remix OS image onto an SD card:

Everything was installed onto the SD card just fine, and the system booted up fine. I was not able to get the WiFi working right out of the box, so I plugged in my ethernet cable and looked for any updates. There were no updates. I am able to get online with the ethernet plugged in, but just not WiFi.

Is anyone else having issues getting the WiFi or Bluetooth to work, and does anyone have any thoughts on how to get it to work, or even troubleshoot it?

I'm fairly new to tinkering with these types of things. I've used Raspberry Pi machines in the past with USB dongles for WiFi, but this is obviously different.

Thanks, in advance!

I can see my wireless network but have very poor signal and am less than 10m from my router. I have attached the aerial to the acrylic case but this made no difference.
(07-16-2016, 03:07 AM)grantos Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 11:50 AM)Seussman71 Wrote: Good morning!

Thanks, in advance!

I can see my wireless network but have very poor signal and am less than 10m from my router. I have attached the aerial to the acrylic case but this made no difference.

Please make sure the pig trail antenna connect properly to Wifi/BT module.
Pushed in antenna got one bar, tried another module from a friend. Drastically improved signal to 4 bars (good)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Better WiFi/BT module? moriel5 3 4,964 05-18-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: moriel5
  WIFI/BT Power Supply / VBAT-EXT xalius 3 4,670 08-12-2021, 06:41 AM
Last Post: Luke490
  Better WiFi/BT module? fonix232 20 24,710 08-11-2021, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Jean-Marc LACROIX
  Wifi / Bluetooth Board Update S265 2 4,120 07-30-2020, 04:53 PM
Last Post: S265
  Create a WiFi hotspot on Debian 8 JulianM 6 26,979 03-10-2019, 01:02 AM
Last Post: waqasnasir
  Schematics of Wifi/BT module gamelaster 7 9,621 09-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Last Post: gamelaster
  Installing another WiFi module on one of the buses mido2018 1 3,524 07-22-2018, 07:15 AM
Last Post: tllim
  +LTS/SOPINE Footprint for the recommended Wi-Fi+BT breakout board Madhuwesly 1 2,861 04-09-2018, 04:07 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Unable to activate wifi on Linux smouton 10 15,729 02-21-2018, 09:56 PM
Last Post: dkebler
  Pine64 doesn't recognize Wifi/BT Module clobeca 3 6,006 07-13-2017, 08:58 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777