Arch Linux on PinePhone
Will the PinePhone accept any Linux operating system.

Is it possible to install Arch Linux on the PinePhone.
I discovered [/url]Project Anakin 
 [url=http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Project_Anakin]

and wondered why it isn't listed as a primary operating system for the PinePhone, since this phone is an opensource project.
It is possible to install Arch Linux on the PinePhone, but it depends on the distribution maintainer to add support for it.
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.
(11-25-2019, 09:38 AM)Rocky-IV Wrote: Will the PinePhone accept any Linux operating system.

Is it possible to install Arch Linux on the PinePhone.

Yes, as long as you have a suitable kernel.

However, if you browse around the UBports and postmarketOS forums etc you soon realise there are many challenges to setting up and using linux with a touchscreen and without a keyboard. Let alone tuning applications to fit a smaller screen factor and to work with touch input.
* ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Started Bionic minimal - now eoan, Openbox desktop for general purpose daily PC.
* PinePhone BraveHeart on order

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android and Google Play Store on a PinePhone? Solra Bizna 11 1,406 01-17-2020, 02:07 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Quick look at 4 different PinePhone OSs Luke 6 568 01-11-2020, 11:58 AM
Last Post: nas
Question Proprietary apps for PinePhone/PineTab Benoit 8 548 11-29-2019, 09:20 PM
Last Post: vinnie