Power supply AUS/NZ
I'm running a little behind everyone else in getting one of these lovely machines (I'd like one after the first ones have gone and been tested) ;) , but the question I have is -- you have EU and US power supplies. What do those of us in NZ and Australia do? We are 240V 60 Hz.

Thanks, I know ther is probably a simple answer.
(08-15-2019, 03:16 AM)weka Wrote: I'm running a little behind everyone else in getting one of these lovely machines (I'd like one after the first ones have gone and been tested) Wink , but the question I have is -- you have EU and US power supplies. What do those of us in NZ and Australia do? We are 240V 60 Hz.

When did things change from 50Hz?  Smile

I'd imagine any standard-based 5v 3A USB-C charger would work
(08-15-2019, 03:33 AM)evilbunny Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 03:16 AM)weka Wrote: I'm running a little behind everyone else in getting one of these lovely machines (I'd like one after the first ones have gone and been tested) Wink , but the question I have is -- you have EU and US power supplies. What do those of us in NZ and Australia do? We are 240V 60 Hz.

Australian standard voltage - 230V  (+10/-6%), 50Hz, just need a Europe to Australia travel adapter or, buy one of these with an AU plug:
https://store.pine64.org/?product=rock64...uk-us-plug
Cheers
(08-15-2019, 02:44 PM)brucec1999 Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 03:33 AM)evilbunny Wrote:

Australian standard voltage - 230V  (+10/-6%), 50Hz, just need a Europe to Australia travel adapter or, buy one of these with an AU plug:
https://store.pine64.org/?product=rock64...uk-us-plug
Cheers

I'm told the PBP can charge from the USB-C port as well, I'm also told that the store won't allow you to add a PSU to the order with a PBP. To much paper work is needed when lithium batteries are in the mix.
It ships with a PSU, either EU or US. 

Anyway, as previously mentioned, another 5V/3A supply should work as long as it has a USB-C or Type H coaxial plug.

(I also remember seeing it being written as 3.5mm, but Type H is 3.4mm.  So I'll try to track down that error.)

You're absolutely correct--there is a simple answer (this is nowhere near as hard as my grandson's "Why is the sky blue, Granddad?")

The simple answer is that, for a long, long time, power-supply manufacturers have been building switching supplies (that's why they're so light, compared to the devices built in the bad old days. Have any idea how heavy an "IBM PC" power supply would be were it an old-fashioned linear supply?). As a designer of 'switchers' in a previous life, I can tell you that one of the absolute beauties which accompany these designs is the ability to handle an extremely wide variety of inputs (cheaper for the manufacturer; and you, too). I just checked all the 'wall warts' (5 vdc-15 vdc; modems, routers, netbooks, etc.) and laptop bricks (Asus, Lenovo, H-P, Acer) I could find; and, to a device, found input voltage requirements of 100 vac-to 240 vac, 50 Hz-60 Hz. I even found one device with an input spec of 90 vac-265 vac, 50-60 Hz.

I am not at all familiar with the MECHANICAL aspects of plugging electrical devices into the wall socket in New Zealand and/or Australia. As far as I can tell, that's the one--and only--aspect of all this you need concern yourself with. Except for ensuring that your voltage and current requirements are met, switching power supplies have alleviated most all your concerns and problems, save one: the "Why is the sky..." one.
The UK is in the same boat with my PineBook power supply - the supplied "wall wart" came with a pre-moulded 2-pin euro plug (AKA thin-pin shaver plug).
I have to use it with a shaver adapter to be able to plug it into our 3-square-pin wall sockets.
Would much prefer to use one of those power modules with a slide-on mains plug selection to use a UK 3-pin plug directly.
Just get the international plugs version power supply for your Pinebook or Pinebook Pro, https://store.pine64.org/?product=rock64...uk-us-plug
I am in New Zealand and have been able to charge my Pinebook Pro two ways. I used my charger from my Raspberry Pi 4 which is a 5.1 Volt 3 Amp USB-C charger. Then at the local supermarket I purchased an international power adapter that allowed the USA power charger that came with my Pinebook Pro to connect to the mains power.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lockable-until-power-cycle persistent storage Melab 0 648 09-17-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Melab
  power on Pinebook Pro mainboard without keyboard? papable 0 783 07-20-2023, 11:06 PM
Last Post: papable
  When does Pinebook Pro power LED go on? Bram 0 570 03-14-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Bram
  Doesn’t power on after flashing emmc badguru 3 1,119 02-25-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: badguru
Heart Now better battery life or power management? KC9UDX 5 2,148 09-09-2022, 08:13 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Replacement Power Cord recommendation? nathanielwheeler 3 3,198 01-23-2021, 06:43 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  power light blinking during charge when pbpro is off Idaho 0 1,751 01-04-2021, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Idaho
  Taming the power switch? ab1jx 4 4,748 11-30-2020, 10:57 PM
Last Post: rimaille
  Power consumption and suspend to ram robt 33 41,986 11-30-2020, 04:32 PM
Last Post: wdt
Exclamation Seemingly lost power permanently now /cry jimsurvak 2 3,000 11-16-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: jimsurvak