Scandinavian or alternate PineBook Keyboard?
I was quick to join the forum when I read about the PineBook Pro news.
I'm really excited about it and am definetly planning to get one, but there is a catch.
I can't find any info online regarding the keyboard, if there are replacements with scandinavian layout and so on.
Is my google kung fu that bad or isnt there a discussion at all about it?
I would love to have a pro as a daily driver but then I have a creteria regarding the keyboard and I'm afriad it's what is going to stop me from getting one.

I know that a remapping is possible and I've done that before, it just becomes a hassle with other things in my opinion and a native layout is always better.

Am I the only one who would want a scandinavian keyboard?
I would be more than willing to pay for it.
(02-02-2019, 06:44 AM)GreenThing Wrote: I was quick to join the forum when I read about the PineBook Pro news.
I'm really excited about it and am definetly planning to get one, but there is a catch.
I can't find any info online regarding the keyboard, if there are replacements with scandinavian layout and so on.
I would love to have a pro as a daily driver but then I have a creteria regarding the keyboard and I'm afriad it's what is going to stop me from getting one.

I know that a remapping is possible and I've done that before, it just becomes a hassle with other things in my opinion and a native layout is always better.

only US type keyboard
I think that it's possible to get a sticker set for keys or do a laser engraving atop of US layout. This is usual ways of dealing with US-only keyboards in Russia.
(02-02-2019, 06:44 AM)GreenThing Wrote: I was quick to join the forum when I read about the PineBook Pro news.

I guess native keyboard layouts would take the production complexity to a whole new dimension. It would probably have a significant impact on the price point as well. 
I'm used to the German layout but I've used US layouts in the past. I'll still get a Pinebook Pro and try the US international keymap route.
(02-07-2019, 01:13 AM)UltraBloxX Wrote: I think that it's possible to get a sticker set for keys or do a laser engraving atop of US layout. This is usual ways of dealing with US-only keyboards in Russia.

Yeah, a set of stickers and remapping would be the best option if no alternative is present.

(02-07-2019, 04:52 AM)bigCamel Wrote:

I guess native keyboard layouts would take the production complexity to a whole new dimension. It would probably have a significant impact on the price point as well. 
I'm used to the German layout but I've used US layouts in the past. I'll still get a Pinebook Pro and try the US international keymap route.

I am hoping that if people would voice a need, then maybe they could have a limited run of scandinavian keyboards for an extra price.

But yes, that is my plan, we have a nice sticker printer at work that will come in handy.
(02-21-2019, 12:34 AM)GreenThing Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 01:13 AM)UltraBloxX Wrote: I think that it's possible to get a sticker set for keys or do a laser engraving atop of US layout. This is usual ways of dealing with US-only keyboards in Russia.

Yeah, a set of stickers and remapping would be the best option if no alternative is present.

(02-07-2019, 04:52 AM)bigCamel Wrote:

I am hoping that if people would voice a need, then maybe they could have a limited run of scandinavian keyboards for an extra price.

But yes, that is my plan, we have a nice sticker printer at work that will come in handy.

The Pinebook key cap can take out and replace. I can ask key cap vendor supply "blank" key cap and these allows users print your own key caps symbol.
Scandinavian/ISO layout would be awesome but i dont think that we'll get it :-(
(03-26-2019, 09:13 AM)freppa Wrote: Scandinavian/ISO layout would be awesome but i dont think that we'll get it :-(

We're exploring the ISO layout - no promises tho.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(03-26-2019, 02:34 PM)Luke Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:13 AM)freppa Wrote: Scandinavian/ISO layout would be awesome but i dont think that we'll get it :-(

We're exploring the ISO layout - no promises tho.

Cool, fingers crossed :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinebook to pro upgrade path? dhosh 9 110 Yesterday, 01:45 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Pinebook 11" Keyboard Corkonian 2 120 11-02-2019, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Corkonian
  Pinebook battery connector and reuse binholz 2 191 10-17-2019, 11:05 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  [SOLVED] Pinebook stopped to charge UltraBloxX 7 412 10-17-2019, 04:09 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Pinebook 1080p screen with other SBC? binholz 5 254 08-07-2019, 05:56 AM
Last Post: jezek
  Pinebook internals kodkuce 1 281 07-30-2019, 02:45 PM
Last Post: binholz
  keyboard x0r 0 154 07-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Last Post: x0r
  how to install emmc in just arrived pinebook dkebler 11 5,597 06-13-2019, 01:13 AM
Last Post: zk1sps
  Pinebook Pro Video Out Options faroh8Je 2 149 06-12-2019, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Luke
  keyboard broken? Erik 0 91 05-20-2019, 02:52 AM
Last Post: Erik