Scandinavian or alternate PineBook Keyboard?
I was quick to join the forum when I read about the PineBook Pro news.
I'm really excited about it and am definetly planning to get one, but there is a catch.
I can't find any info online regarding the keyboard, if there are replacements with scandinavian layout and so on.
Is my google kung fu that bad or isnt there a discussion at all about it?
I would love to have a pro as a daily driver but then I have a creteria regarding the keyboard and I'm afriad it's what is going to stop me from getting one.

I know that a remapping is possible and I've done that before, it just becomes a hassle with other things in my opinion and a native layout is always better.

Am I the only one who would want a scandinavian keyboard?
I would be more than willing to pay for it.
(02-02-2019, 06:44 AM)GreenThing Wrote: I was quick to join the forum when I read about the PineBook Pro news.
I'm really excited about it and am definetly planning to get one, but there is a catch.
I can't find any info online regarding the keyboard, if there are replacements with scandinavian layout and so on.
I would love to have a pro as a daily driver but then I have a creteria regarding the keyboard and I'm afriad it's what is going to stop me from getting one.

I know that a remapping is possible and I've done that before, it just becomes a hassle with other things in my opinion and a native layout is always better.

only US type keyboard
I think that it's possible to get a sticker set for keys or do a laser engraving atop of US layout. This is usual ways of dealing with US-only keyboards in Russia.
(02-02-2019, 06:44 AM)GreenThing Wrote: I was quick to join the forum when I read about the PineBook Pro news.

I guess native keyboard layouts would take the production complexity to a whole new dimension. It would probably have a significant impact on the price point as well. 
I'm used to the German layout but I've used US layouts in the past. I'll still get a Pinebook Pro and try the US international keymap route.
(02-07-2019, 01:13 AM)UltraBloxX Wrote: I think that it's possible to get a sticker set for keys or do a laser engraving atop of US layout. This is usual ways of dealing with US-only keyboards in Russia.

Yeah, a set of stickers and remapping would be the best option if no alternative is present.

(02-07-2019, 04:52 AM)bigCamel Wrote:

I guess native keyboard layouts would take the production complexity to a whole new dimension. It would probably have a significant impact on the price point as well. 
I'm used to the German layout but I've used US layouts in the past. I'll still get a Pinebook Pro and try the US international keymap route.

I am hoping that if people would voice a need, then maybe they could have a limited run of scandinavian keyboards for an extra price.

But yes, that is my plan, we have a nice sticker printer at work that will come in handy.
(02-21-2019, 12:34 AM)GreenThing Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 01:13 AM)UltraBloxX Wrote: I think that it's possible to get a sticker set for keys or do a laser engraving atop of US layout. This is usual ways of dealing with US-only keyboards in Russia.

Yeah, a set of stickers and remapping would be the best option if no alternative is present.

(02-07-2019, 04:52 AM)bigCamel Wrote:

I am hoping that if people would voice a need, then maybe they could have a limited run of scandinavian keyboards for an extra price.

But yes, that is my plan, we have a nice sticker printer at work that will come in handy.

The Pinebook key cap can take out and replace. I can ask key cap vendor supply "blank" key cap and these allows users print your own key caps symbol.
Scandinavian/ISO layout would be awesome but i dont think that we'll get it :-(
(03-26-2019, 09:13 AM)freppa Wrote: Scandinavian/ISO layout would be awesome but i dont think that we'll get it :-(

We're exploring the ISO layout - no promises tho.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(03-26-2019, 02:34 PM)Luke Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:13 AM)freppa Wrote: Scandinavian/ISO layout would be awesome but i dont think that we'll get it :-(

We're exploring the ISO layout - no promises tho.

Cool, fingers crossed :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinebook 1080p power/barrel connector/cable cel 0 496 08-03-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: cel
  eMMC compatible with Pinebook leperotero 0 1,321 07-19-2022, 07:15 AM
Last Post: leperotero
Heart [solved] Anyone selling their Pinebook? feyn 0 1,167 07-11-2022, 03:38 PM
Last Post: feyn
  Move PB Pro eMMC 128 GB to Pinebook 11 1080p petet0n76 1 1,562 06-07-2022, 10:35 PM
Last Post: tllim
  UART switch Pinebook 11.6" irongarment 3 3,215 01-03-2022, 03:28 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Exclamation "6" Key direly needed for 11" Pinebook Corkonian 1 2,528 09-25-2021, 12:03 AM
  Pinebook 14 " Battery Swollen/Bulged billjon 1 3,534 01-13-2021, 11:03 AM
Last Post: barray
  touchpad on pinebook issues? ron_burgundy 14 13,499 12-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Pinebook doesn't charge anymore Reinoud 0 2,630 08-20-2020, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Reinoud
  Did pine64 change the keyboard? Hsingai 1 3,781 08-10-2020, 06:52 PM