Kwiboo's LibreELEC 18 test images
You'll fine Kwiboo's LibreELEC 18 test images here. I'm linking them here because apparently they are much better than other current LibreELEC Alpha builds.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-27-2018, 02:07 PM)Luke Wrote: You'll fine Kwiboo's LibreELEC 18 test images here. I'm linking them here because apparently they are much better than other current LibreELEC Alpha builds.

Yes, well, we are already running its test versions since June 6, and you just saw

It would be better to take the experience from Kwidoo and make graphics acceleration in Linux
We is who ? Indeed, it was first yesterday that I found out about these images - were they already reported on the forum ?

Quote:It would be better to take the experience from Kwidoo and make graphics acceleration in Linux

^ I honestly don't understand what you mean. Currently helping out on Recalbox which has both video and 3D acceleration ... ?

(06-28-2018, 02:26 AM)Luke Wrote: Indeed, it was first yesterday that I found out about these images - were they already reported on the forum ?  

Yeah, it was mentioned a little... wait, what... seriously... that long ago??? I would have sworn it was only last week!! ... um, ok, wiki says I edited the LibreElec section back on the 10th of June... and it was due to some thread or another that at mentioned the other builds then...
(06-28-2018, 02:26 AM)Luke Wrote: We is who ? Indeed, it was first yesterday that I found out about these images - were they already reported on the forum ?  

Quote:It would be better to take the experience from Kwidoo and make graphics acceleration in Linux

^ I honestly don't understand what you mean. Currently helping out on Recalbox which has both video and 3D acceleration ... ?

Kwidoo Libreelec: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...9#pid38439

There is no hardware acceleration when viewing video in Linux, maybe I don't understand something, well then explain to me how to make it.
In the characteristics of the Board is written 4K 60fps, I do not see this in Linux, even Full HD is not normally played. I hear constantly that there are no drivers and support from RockChip, but why does Kwidoo in Libreelec have hardware acceleration running , and in Ubuntu or Debian no acceleration? Sad
I have another Board on the processor Allwinner H3 (OrangePi PC), there is also a problem with the drivers, but they did to the video acceleration worked at least through MPV, why can not be done for Rock64, because Ayufan started to do it, but for some reason abandoned ?
These questions are asked periodically on different forums, but here in my opinion this question is not of concern to anyone in the community. Huh
I apologize for my English, the text helps me to translate the translator, I do not want to offend anyone, just interested. Rolleyes
There is video playback on Linux with Ayufan's Ubuntu Bionic release only.  You start a video with the command/alias "rkmpv bugsbunny.avi".  1080p60 is possible, but not 4K.  I use Rock64 as a daily-driver computer and watch a lot of videos, no issues.

If you are having difficulties finding a release that functions on your rock64, try out this one that I use:
https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-b...tag/0.6.38
I recall this version needs network configured manually by adding a netplan file at /etc/netplan/config.yaml
Mine looks like this:
Code:
network:
   version: 2
   renderer: NetworkManager
   ethernets:
       eth0:
           dhcp4: no
           dhcp6: no
           addresses: [192.168.1.192/24]
           gateway4: 192.168.1.1
           nameservers:
               addresses: [1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4]

“4K 60fps” is a marketing strategy on these RPI-like boards to try sell to more people.  4K60 is only achieveable on Android during certain encodings best case scenarios.  It might be possible in the future but someone other than me with more knowledge and insider connections should speculate instead.
(06-30-2018, 06:44 AM)ansic Wrote: There is video playback on Linux with Ayufan's Ubuntu Bionic release only.  You start a video with the command/alias "rkmpv bugsbunny.avi".  1080p60 is possible, but not 4K.  I use Rock64 as a daily-driver computer and watch a lot of videos, no issues.

I know that. But the video is played only in full-screen mode, it is not clear how to return to the desktop, the playback is not quite smooth. I assume that this experiment is based on old Kwidoo works, now It has moved much further and it is possible to make probably more qualitative and convenient video reproduction.

In General, it would be ideal to adapt this process to Kodi, but I would be happy to have mpv. I think Ayufan is a smart person and he can do such a task.
A new test version is now live at http://kwiboo.libreelec.tv/test/, see https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12151-...#post95037 for details.
(07-01-2018, 08:06 AM)Kwiboo Wrote: A new test version is now live at http://kwiboo.libreelec.tv/test/, see https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12151-...#post95037 for details.

Awesome Kwiboo. Do I correctly understand from your post over at LE forum that this has HDR support ?
One more question; any word on the different HD audio options ?

(07-01-2018, 09:01 AM)Luke Wrote: Do I correctly understand from your post over at LE forum that this has HDR support ?

You are correct, HDR mode should be activated if your TV supports it and if not the HDR2SDR feature should do color conversion when trying to play HDR content.

(07-01-2018, 09:01 AM)Luke Wrote: any word on the different HD audio options ?

Nothing new yet, it is the next thing on my list as I will be putting more focus on mainline once the code in this test build has been merged to Kodi+LibreELEC. Will backport mainline progress to 4.4 kernel once HD-audio works for mainline.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Libreelec nfs shares nberg@xs4all.nl 0 620 11-11-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: nberg@xs4all.nl
  Linux Images (ROCK64) pineadmin 164 275,251 02-12-2021, 10:14 AM
Last Post: useful64
  ayufan 0.7.12 pre-release images (help testing) Luke 1 4,518 03-22-2019, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Libreelec, Infrared, 1080p, "Restart" gigagames 0 2,098 03-16-2019, 05:30 AM
Last Post: gigagames
  LibreELEC Krypton/Leia/Agile 64bit kernel 32bit libs Raybuntu 193 239,376 01-17-2019, 05:25 AM
Last Post: cartrolles@yahoo.es
  Stable LibreELEC version? Max_H 4 6,762 11-12-2018, 12:04 AM
Last Post: RupertGiles
  New LibreELEC Alpha Luke 5 6,591 10-11-2018, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Trash_Can_Man
  What images will rock have available on release? tymbusku 1 2,772 06-29-2018, 07:27 AM
Last Post: joe
  ayufan's Community Images Documentation Help Needed ayufan 10 13,887 04-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Last Post: i69fstop
  Rock64 0.6.x ayufan images matteobp 28 33,759 01-29-2018, 09:41 PM
Last Post: thewonderer