Netrunner 18.03 Idolon for the Pinebook
Any news about wifi, sometimes it is very unstable. I have to restart system couple of times and reconnect couple of times to have wifi. It just disconnect randomly very soon after connection is established.

Also is this LTS version, in apt sources I see that repository has some date in url?
(04-28-2018, 02:05 AM)amilino Wrote: Any news about wifi, sometimes it is very unstable. I have to restart system couple of times and reconnect couple of times to have wifi. It just disconnect randomly very soon after connection is established.

Also is this LTS version, in apt sources I see that repository has some date in url?

About wifi, this will be fixed with new updated img, and possibly with package update for installed systems.

Since Netrunner is based on Debian Testing, it is automatically "rolling LTS":
You can just enable the normal Testing Repos in sources and update arm64 packages continously from Debian.

The backports is there if we find critical updates in our own packages on top and need to backport it.
Thank you for response. Can you provide exact url(s) which need to be replaced in source file please?
You can just add this for Debian Testing Rolling in a new file under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-testing-rolling.list
But be aware that testing might break stuff.
Code:
# Debian Testing
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
#deb-src https://deb.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
Now I have multiple configurations. Unfortunately I gave up using this image, wifi is breaking all the time it is displaying that I am connected on wifi and after couple of minutes no traffic. It was too good to be true that finally we have a perfect OS. Will wait for a upgrade and see if wifi is fixed, probably ETA is not known?
It seems that the sound does not work either. Tried Youtube and System Setting. Also checked Alsamixer.

Sleep mode still discharges a lot.
When I use static IP then wifi stop to work after couple of seconds.
Quote:It seems that the sound does not work either.
Sound is working fine here. Did you check if you have the volume up?
Or does it create problems after waking up from suspend?

Quote:When I use static IP then wifi stop to work after couple of seconds.

It is really strange as on our test machines wifi was working great.
But we will take a look into that.
(04-29-2018, 06:37 AM)leszek Wrote:
Quote:It seems that the sound does not work either.
Sound is working fine here. Did you check if you have the volume up?
Or does it create problems after waking up from suspend?

Volume is the highest. It even does not work after restart.
Would be great if you can have a look at wifi. First I was thinking that my router is not working stable, but then I watched in paralel my other computer and mobile device also. I tried to reinstall everything but no luck. Without static ip it is also breaking all the time but not so quick.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DietPi OS for Pinebook MichaIng 3 5,084 03-11-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: oxoocoffee
  Slarm64 on Pinebook [Slackware Arm - 64 bit] KRT 46 59,217 09-26-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: mara
  Broke pinebook GUI, what to do, fix or install new? acruhl 2 739 07-13-2023, 05:43 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  Orignal PineBook jwp1000 1 583 07-10-2023, 07:44 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook no longer boots rjtanner 12 3,129 04-13-2023, 01:09 PM
  Stock Debian on original Pinebook moonwalkers 1 3,082 01-29-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: cel
  Write image to eMMC - Pinebook 11.6" irongarment 4 3,612 01-04-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: irongarment
  E: The repository 'http://pinebook.kde.org.uk bionic Release' no longer has a Release pixelpaperyarn 3 5,053 05-07-2021, 10:20 AM
  pinebook.kde.org.uk no longer has release file?? supermassive 1 3,691 01-20-2021, 11:18 AM
Question Ran apt update on my Pinebook.. ford442 0 2,718 12-25-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: ford442