[Issue] All Rock leds are blinking
Hi everyone,  I just bought a rock64 and my problem is that the leds (green, white and red) are always blinking...Someone can tell me whats happening? I have checked the input power, however I bought too the adapter with the rock64. 

I have noticed when all is in silent, you can heard a noise, like a clock that sound the same time the leds are blinking.

I need some help... I don't know what I should do, because is the first time trying to connect the rock64 and doesn't work.
(03-23-2018, 06:33 AM)Chispolas Wrote: Hi everyone,  I just bought a rock64 and my problem is that the leds (green, white and red) are always blinking...Someone can tell me whats happening? I have checked the input power, however I bought too the adapter with the rock64. 

I have noticed when all is in silent, you can heard a noise, like a clock that sound the same time the leds are blinking.

I need some help... I don't know what I should do, because is the first time trying to connect the rock64 and doesn't work.

Question, have you inserted an MicroSD or using SD->eMMC with an eMMC card init loaded with an O/S image or such ?
If so, does it give a video output ?
Also, I'd be curious to know if the 'ticking' is coming from the rock64, or the power supply... if it's the power supply, I hope you don't have a jumper installed on the rock64, because maybe you're shorting the power supply? Not sure what's happening with the leds though... standard behaviour is for the green (power present) led to be on, and the pine and blue lights on all the time (on linux, anyway).
(03-23-2018, 11:26 AM)k0Lm_ Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 06:33 AM)Chispolas Wrote: Hi everyone,  I just bought a rock64 and my problem is that the leds (green, white and red) are always blinking...Someone can tell me whats happening? I have checked the input power, however I bought too the adapter with the rock64. 

Question, have you inserted an MicroSD or using SD->eMMC with an eMMC card init loaded with an O/S image or such ?
If so, does it give a video output ?

Sinceresly, I don't believe the SD card is the problem. Anyway i have a MicroSD loaded with an Linux OS but If I don't insert the card and in the moment try to power on the board I get the same behaviour
(03-24-2018, 05:18 AM)pfeerick Wrote: Also, I'd be curious to know if the 'ticking' is coming from the rock64, or the power supply... if it's the power supply, I hope you don't have a jumper installed on the rock64, because maybe you're shorting the power supply? Not sure what's happening with the leds though... standard behaviour is for the green (power present) led to be on, and the pine and blue lights on all the time (on linux, anyway).

Yes, I absolubly think that the sound coming from the Micro-controller or near it. The power supply is new in fact, I bought it with the rock64... and I have checked that the board haven't any jumper or anything that can be producing a shortcircuit. I have the board  away from all metal material or surface.
Hey, my Rock64 just came in the mail and I'm having the same issue. I tried with different OMV images and I can't get it to boot, only get all leds blinking. Have you found any solution to this? I'm using MicroSD.

I just hope it's not dead, it took a month to receive it  Sad

Thanks in advance
(04-18-2018, 10:40 AM)ace_baws Wrote: Hey, my Rock64 just came in the mail and I'm having the same issue. I tried with different OMV images and I can't get it to boot, only get all leds blinking. Have you found any solution to this? I'm using MicroSD.

I just hope it's not dead, it took a month to receive it  Sad

Thanks in advance

So there are three LEDs of importance... the green one near the power jack, and the white and red ones over near the reset button/raspberry pi header.

The green LED comes on when there is power applied to the board. Nothing more or less. so if it is going out, there is a major problem with the power supply, the board, or the connection to it. 

The white one is the 'power' led, and the red one is the 'standby' led. They don't do much on the linux images other than both come on when the rock64 boots, and both turn off when it is shutdown. On android images IIRC the pwr led would go out and the sleep one would remain on if you put android on standby. They are both toggleable in the linux filesystem via  /sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/ in recent versions. They don't "usually" blink though in operation, although I think disk-activity is a trigger that can be used if you want to use one like the hard drive indicator on laptops... and that wouldn't take effect until the os was starting up anyway. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock 64 failure / kernel panic n0021913 2 1,600 07-07-2022, 01:16 PM
Last Post: anchor00
Sad No boot, garbage console text and blinking red light ... jean_bruder 2 3,847 07-19-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: jean_bruder
  HDMI 2.0a CEC compliancy issue? Willem53 1 2,444 04-13-2019, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Willem53
  Rock 64 seem like a dead end munocat 3 4,780 03-21-2019, 10:13 PM
Last Post: thewonderer
  Rock 64 network error as soon as I try to write or read. georgegohl888 1 2,890 03-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: georgegohl888
  self-reboot issue pas059 6 6,780 02-11-2019, 05:02 AM
Last Post: pas059
  Rock64 scipy, numpy, scikit-image, matplotlib issue with pip3 ictele 0 1,972 02-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ictele
  Rock 64 a failure..very disappointed arxaios 5 6,694 11-02-2018, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Trash_Can_Man
  My Rock64 no power or light issue Nolaboy406 3 4,293 07-24-2018, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Reboot Issue with ROCK64 Linux version 4.4.77-rockchip-ayufan-141 techyjtmb 9 9,938 06-23-2018, 09:52 AM
Last Post: NablaMetal