Xenial Mate (Pinebook) 20170505
Wireless seems to have some kind of weird issue occasionally when coming back from a suspend.  I've only experienced it twice lately, but seems like the panel applet shows the connection as a wired connection sometimes (seems to still work though) but you won't be able to switch to another SSID when its in that state.
(05-10-2017, 10:21 AM)pagesix1536 Wrote: Wireless seems to have some kind of weird issue occasionally when coming back from a suspend.  I've only experienced it twice lately, but seems like the panel applet shows the connection as a wired connection sometimes (seems to still work though) but you won't be able to switch to another SSID when its in that state.

On the newest image ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

How is video running in this image? youtube, netflix?
(05-10-2017, 12:17 PM)Pirolocito Wrote: How is video running in this image? youtube, netflix?

Poorly. If you want that sort of stuff, then go with android. I am glad to say however that SMplayer works great with some tweaks. 1080p plays back smooth as butter for the most part.

(05-10-2017, 10:21 AM)pagesix1536 Wrote: Wireless seems to have some kind of weird issue occasionally when coming back from a suspend.  I've only experienced it twice lately, but seems like the panel applet shows the connection as a wired connection sometimes (seems to still work though) but you won't be able to switch to another SSID when its in that state.

hi, wireless (nor any other connection) can come back from suspend;  suspend by definition breaks the connection.  Waking up from suspend must reconnect; not sure about the icon though.

I have noticed the opposite ;  sometimes the wired connection appears briefly on the tool-bar as wireless!  ... not often.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(05-10-2017, 10:34 AM)Luke Wrote:

On the newest image ?

Yep...the one from the 5th.  I'll see if I can snag a screenshot when I see it happen next.

(05-10-2017, 12:33 PM)Luke Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 12:17 PM)Pirolocito Wrote: How is video running in this image? youtube, netflix?

Poorly. If you want that sort of stuff, then go with android. I am glad to say however that SMplayer works great with some tweaks. 1080p plays back smooth as butter for the most part.

Youtube is ok if you don't go full screen.  I wouldn't rely on your Pinebook to be a TV/Movie watching device.  Luke's right though, the Android images seem to be far better for performance, even at full screen video was good.  Linux won't be awesome on this thing unless there's a proper X video driver for the hardware.  I think the Linux install is using a juiced up version of a FrameBuffer driver which historically is one of the most compatible you can get, but the most terrible for performance.  Plus the Mali400 isn't really all that awesome.  I kinda wish the would have at least put the Mali450 in the Pine hardware.
Wireless flipping to a wired adapter happened again.  Here's a screenshot. You can see the icon has changed.  When clicked, it shows "Wi-Fi Networks" greyed out and not accessible.  The connection still works, but you can't change anything with regards to it being a wireless connection.  From the command line, all looks well though.  Seems like just a bug with the panel applet maybe.

cmiller@pinebook:~$ nmcli d

DEVICE  TYPE      STATE      CONNECTION 
wlan0   wifi      connected  Tardis   
dummy0  dummy     unmanaged  --         
sit0    iptunnel  unmanaged  --         
lo      loopback  unmanaged  --         

[Image: zVekbCp.png]
Ok, you're not the only one ... take a look here (hint, its on wifi) 
Its still connected and works just fine.

Edit:  longsleep solved it. Restarting NM solves the problem:
Code:
systemctl restart NetworkManager.service

You can add this to prevent it from happening again in your current build. 
The fix will be added to future iterations of the images.

Awesome... I figured a restart would probably fix it, just hadn't tried it yet.
I setup the systemd service. Thanks for the tip!
Quick note, if you want to update to a pre-release kernel (such as 0.5.1 at the time of writing) then add the kernel nr. after the kernel and uboot scripts, for instance: 

Code:
sudo ./pine64_update_kernel.sh 0.5.1
sudo ./pine64_update_uboot.sh 0.5.1

Needless to say, pre-release stuff can have issues. This particular pre-release however is worth updating too as it allows you to run chromium as you normally would (which I recommend, as its much snappier than firefox)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DietPi OS for Pinebook MichaIng 3 5,145 03-11-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: oxoocoffee
  Slarm64 on Pinebook [Slackware Arm - 64 bit] KRT 46 59,541 09-26-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: mara
  Broke pinebook GUI, what to do, fix or install new? acruhl 2 772 07-13-2023, 05:43 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  Orignal PineBook jwp1000 1 605 07-10-2023, 07:44 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook no longer boots rjtanner 12 3,235 04-13-2023, 01:09 PM
  Stock Debian on original Pinebook moonwalkers 1 3,114 01-29-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: cel
  Write image to eMMC - Pinebook 11.6" irongarment 4 3,660 01-04-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: irongarment
  E: The repository 'http://pinebook.kde.org.uk bionic Release' no longer has a Release pixelpaperyarn 3 5,082 05-07-2021, 10:20 AM
  pinebook.kde.org.uk no longer has release file?? supermassive 1 3,713 01-20-2021, 11:18 AM
Question Ran apt update on my Pinebook.. ford442 0 2,735 12-25-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: ford442