ABS Playbox came with no extension cable?
I have seen some videos on assembling the Pine64 with the playbox and they all mention at lest one extension cable. My case just arrived with none and so I have 2 questions;

1. Anyone know the 30 pin cable type and/or where to order it from?
2. Is it worth trying to chase it down through pine64?

Now before the flames start let me just say I am in no way attacking these guys for the work they've done with the last question. I'm more wondering about response times and it would probably be easier to order a cable from somewhere else.

All that aside I am still anxious to see if this project works because I've waited (patiently) for all the pieces to come before I set it up.

thanks in advance.
I was going to get it from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/151985309073?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT but turns out I don't need it.
(09-07-2016, 02:24 PM)kenhawkins Wrote: I have seen some videos on assembling the Pine64 with the playbox and they all mention at lest one extension cable. My case just arrived with none and so I have 2 questions;

Now before the flames start let me just say I am in no way attacking these guys for the work they've done with the last question. I'm more wondering about response times and it would probably be easier to order a cable from somewhere else.

All that aside I am still anxious to see if this project works because I've waited (patiently) for all the pieces to come before I set it up.

thanks in advance.

The extension cable (and adapter) is in the bottom of the LCD display box where it is very easily missed; and often discarded with the packaging.  You might check yours, if you still have it.  The cable and connector are fairly common parts, is the good news;  just google it.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(09-07-2016, 03:28 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 02:24 PM)kenhawkins Wrote: I have seen some videos on assembling the Pine64 with the playbox and they all mention at lest one extension cable. My case just arrived with none and so I have 2 questions;

thanks in advance.

The extension cable (and adapter) is in the bottom of the LCD display box where it is very easily missed; and often discarded with the packaging.  You might check yours, if you still have it.  The cable and connector are fairly common parts, is the good news;  just google it.

I did look in there but alas it's not there. thanks.
(09-07-2016, 03:42 PM)kenhawkins Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 03:28 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:

thanks in advance.

I did look in there but alas it's not there. thanks.

Same here.  Got the short one with the LCD, but didn't get one with the case.  Ordered some, but will be here Friday-next week.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playbox with DAC llungster 0 2,669 04-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Last Post: llungster
  playbox case ribbon cable too short pinoosh 7 12,040 02-22-2019, 03:24 AM
Last Post: GaryFunk
Information Giving the Pine a trunk, a Playbox pedestal tommypine 7 9,896 07-16-2017, 01:51 AM
Last Post: selina3
Rainbow (Cluster) Modified Playbox Enclosure Progress predominant 3 5,302 06-17-2017, 01:29 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  playbox and camera jpfaubert 1 3,726 03-07-2017, 12:51 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  How is the battery Supposed to be mounted in the PlayBox enclosure? dbarbee 2 5,567 02-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Playbox battery charge jdmwrx94 12 18,311 12-20-2016, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Toriless
  Playbox case orderable? schindlb 8 13,324 10-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Last Post: schindlb
  Solution to awkward playbox cabling Visionrx7 2 4,165 09-13-2016, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Visionrx7
  Question regarding Playbox case jeffrey_ring 3 5,193 09-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777