recent update
I am running an upgraded Manjaro Plasma Mobile on my PinePhone and it works fine!
(01-12-2024, 10:40 AM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: I am running an upgraded Manjaro Plasma Mobile on my PinePhone and it works fine!

Thanks for the info,

- where to get Manjaro Plasma Mobile ?
nevermind: https://github.com/manjaro-pinephone/pla...e/releases

Forgot to mention:
I have been running Manjaro Phosh up until the latest trainwreck (complete Audio failure)

and looking at github it seems development has ended ?
Maybe I am just reading it wrongly...
There is not much going on in Manjaro Plasma Mobile lately, ever since Strit left Manjaro. Mostly, it works, but sometimes, breakage can be introduced when nobody rebuilds downstream Manjaro packages for library updates synced from Arch. I have been meaning to get started on helping out with the maintenance, but I have not found the time to get started with a proper development setup, so to be honest, I have not done anything at all so far. (They did reply to my offer for help, so it is now blocking on me, do not blame them.) And it does not look like other people are interested, most mobile users on the Manjaro forums have either always used Phosh or switched to Phosh.

Currently, it works well for me, but there have (in the stable branch) been no updates recently that could have introduced breakage.
(02-08-2024, 11:26 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: There is not much going on in Manjaro Plasma Mobile lately, ever since Strit left Manjaro. Mostly, it works, but sometimes, breakage can be introduced when nobody rebuilds downstream Manjaro packages for library updates synced from Arch. I have been meaning to get started on helping out with the maintenance, but I have not found the time to get started with a proper development setup, so to be honest, I have not done anything at all so far. (They did reply to my offer for help, so it is now blocking on me, do not blame them.) And it does not look like other people are interested, most mobile users on the Manjaro forums have either always used Phosh or switched to Phosh.

Currently, it works well for me, but there have (in the stable branch) been no updates recently that could have introduced breakage.

From recent encounter, still a lot of users are using Manjaro Plasma Mobile.
Well, given that your company's devices (still) ship that by default, definitely a lot of users are (still) using it. The problem is that the kind of user who just sticks to the default is not the same as the kind of user who is vocal on forums. On the forums, I do not run into many Manjaro Plasma Mobile, or even Plasma Mobile altogether, users (other than myself, of course). And when they come up, usually the first thing they get told is to switch to Phosh. And the bigger problem is that there are users of Manjaro Plasma Mobile, but no developers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using too much juice since last update Eugo 20 3,719 03-15-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Latest update Eugo 21 8,381 03-09-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Firefox issue with latest update Barugon 6 2,420 01-28-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 32 29,472 07-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johaennessen
  How to disable automatic update checks bdicewk 4 2,372 06-12-2022, 08:10 AM
Last Post: bdicewk
  Locked out after update bnbcwllc 2 1,612 06-08-2022, 04:46 AM
Last Post: bnbcwllc
  Keyboard case stopped working on pacman update rotwang 5 3,175 05-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Pinephone stuck on 'something went wrong' after update gofishus 1 1,592 03-06-2022, 05:48 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Lockup during update, force shut down and try again? tgz 5 5,635 12-22-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: tk1107
  After recent update: Invalid or missing 'dr_mode' property KNERD 3 2,807 11-05-2021, 08:43 AM
Last Post: itwurketnet