Latest update
Just updated (sudo pacman -Syu) and everything seems normal, or rather the same as it was before.

So... is there something I should have noticed, but didn't?
(10-21-2022, 08:40 AM)Eugo Wrote: Just updated (sudo pacman -Syu) and everything seems normal, or rather the same as it was before.

I don't know the answer but these might help you to get it Big Grin
Phosh or Plasma?
When was your last upgrade before this?
Is there something you expected and it did not happen?

There are lot of "invisible" updates which just fix something low-level stuff
(10-21-2022, 12:25 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 08:40 AM)Eugo Wrote: Just updated (sudo pacman -Syu) and everything seems normal, or rather the same as it was before.

I don't know the answer but these might help you to get it Big Grin
Phosh or Plasma?
When was your last upgrade before this?
Is there something you expected and it did not happen?

There are lot of "invisible" updates which just fix something low-level stuff

Ah... I keep forgetting about plasma... Plasma is a brand of biscuits here, that's for kids Tongue . Phosh it is.
The last one... about a month ago.
Expected? Well to have some other notification when a message arrives. So far it's only the blue led, and if I notice it, I noticed. Or for the alarm to actually wake up the phone (see below). Or for the maps to know where I am Smile.
Yup, I guessed the under-the-hood stuff would be most of it, but then it doesn't hurt to ask whether I was looking at it the wrong way.

below: just tested the alarm again and it does light the blue led... after I turn on the phone. No sound even then, just a notification „you missed the alarm“. No sound, nothing, and the phone remains fully suspended.
(10-22-2022, 03:22 AM)Eugo Wrote: Expected? Well to have some other notification when a message arrives. So far it's only the blue led, and if I notice it, I noticed. Or for the alarm to actually wake up the phone (see below). Or for the maps to know where I am Smile.
below: just tested the alarm again and it does light the blue led... after I turn on the phone. No sound even then, just a notification „you missed the alarm“. No sound, nothing, and the phone remains fully suspended.

Biggest improvements what I am aware of:
Calls to 43 -> callaudio is now routed correctly with all scenarios.
Phosh is much more stable and not crashing anymore

The things you asked:
GPS (Maps know where you are) - is actually working but the problem is that it is slow to find connection. It helps a lot if you have Wifi on because then AGPS is somehow working.
When I need to use GPS I use this to see the progress of proper GPS fix: https://flathub.org/apps/details/page.co....satellite

This AGPS script makes things really much faster but it is not working as it should - right now you can test it if you are on wifi and use alastair-dm script to stop modemmanager: https://gist.github.com/alastair-dm/2632...e555fa6628

Alarm clock - you can use wake-mobile, birdie or if you use Biktorgjs firmware you can set modem to call you wake up calls or reminders Smile. Gnome-clocks is not yet working.

Well to have some other notification when a message arrives. So far it's only the blue led, and if I notice it, I noticed
Do you mean you don't get notification sound or notification popup display?
On suspend you can have notification only on call, sms or mms notification (that is not going to change without black magic).
Currently you don't have sound or screen awake if you get notification when screen is locked (but the phone is not yet suspended).
(10-22-2022, 08:54 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:  things you asked:
GPS (Maps know where you are) - is actually working but the problem is that it is slow to find connection. It helps a lot if you have Wifi on because then AGPS is somehow working.
When I need to use GPS I use this to see the progress of proper GPS fix: https://flathub.org/apps/details/page.co....satellite

This AGPS script makes things really much faster but it is not working as it should - right now you can test it if you are on wifi and use alastair-dm script to stop modemmanager: https://gist.github.com/alastair-dm/2632...e555fa6628

I ran the python script as found by following your links, and it errored on line 88, but I don't care - just tested the maps a few minutes ago, and it found me within 50m in about ten seconds. If I wasn't stationary, then I guess it would have been more precise. That's good enough for me.

Quote:Well to have some other notification when a message arrives. So far it's only the blue led, and if I notice it, I noticed
Do you mean you don't get notification sound or notification popup display?
On suspend you can have notification only on call, sms or mms notification (that is not going to change without black magic).
Currently you don't have sound or screen awake if you get notification when screen is locked (but the phone is not yet suspended).

I messed with sound schemes while trying to figure out how to have my own ringtone. The thing turned out to be more complicated than necessary, and the end result is that I'm still not in the clear as to what goes where and which piece of it is responsible for what. So far I got
- it rings nicely, with my ringtone, when the schema is set on „quiet“. On „full“ and „silent“ it doesn't even show up that anyone tried to call me. This I tested.
- for SMS I only get a blue LED right on, and a momentary vibration when I turn the phone on.
- there's no other messaging that I got working - Telegram doesn't accept our phone numbers, as area codes are two digit (or some other reason); still waiting for Axolotl...

The phone is set to automatically suspend within two minutes, so the difference in behavior between locked and suspended is irrelevant. The few calls or messages that I get never happen in those two minutes... Rolleyes
(10-27-2022, 02:55 AM)Eugo Wrote: I messed with sound schemes while trying to figure out how to have my own ringtone. The thing turned out to be more complicated than necessary, and the end result is that I'm still not in the clear as to what goes where and which piece of it is responsible for what. So far I got
- it rings nicely, with my ringtone, when the schema is set on „quiet“. On „full“ and „silent“ it doesn't even show up that anyone tried to call me. This I tested.
- for SMS I only get a blue LED right on, and a momentary vibration when I turn the phone on.
- there's no other messaging that I got working - Telegram doesn't accept our phone numbers, as area codes are two digit (or some other reason); still waiting for Axolotl...

The phone is set to automatically suspend within two minutes, so the difference in behavior between locked and suspended is irrelevant. The few calls or messages that I get never happen in those two minutes... Rolleyes

So you have PostmarketOS Tweaks installed?
If not install that.

Then go to /home/manjaro/.local/share/sounds
If you want to go back to default sounds remove everything from there
Then open PostmarketOS Tweaks and go to Sound and select Profile Default and reboot.
Now things should work.

If you want to have custom sounds do this:
PostmarketOS Tweaks -> Sound -> Profile Custom
And then go to /home/manjaro/.local/share/sounds
There should be folder __custom -> open that.
You need to insert your ringtones there -> for example ringtone for calls need to be named phone-incoming-call.oga
I think file should be .oga
I am not sure what are correct names for other ringtones/nofication sounds but PostmarketOS Tweaks migth generate correctly named file if you toggle them in GUI*.

There should be open issue for PostmarketOS Tweaks that the app does not switch everything correctly.
I think ringtone sound was fixed but all other are not working - this is last time I checked and things might be different.

And note Smile - if you change notification sound from System Settings it might generate some issues. Atleast last time I tried I had to remove everything from /home/manjaro/.local/share/sounds and reboot to get some sounds back. It might be same issue as in PostmarketOS Tweaks (it did generate correctly named file but somehow it did not work)
Exactly the path I took already, and the partial results I got Smile. Then tried to fix things by editing conf files, but got nowhere, so restored the ones that worked partially.
I do get a sound on SMS, but not the one I put there (in the sounds/stereo folder, or it won't work),
Tried to change the SMS sound in Tweaks and nope, still get only the slight buzz when it arrives, no sound at all.

I kind of like it that way, more like email - it waits for me to notice it, doesn't disturb me Smile.
in my System, Configure > Homescreen Layout does not work anymore. I can't change the homescreen layout from halycon to folio else the system will crash.
It's gotten worse - it won't ring when suspended - the caller can't get me, call isn't registered, doesn't ring, no trace anywhere except on caller's phone.

As much as I hate to mess directly with the modem(s) - haven't had to do that since 1992 or so - it seems I finally should do that. Is there any short list of where and how to adjust settings, something like mmcli 101?
(11-01-2022, 09:10 AM)Eugo Wrote: It's gotten worse - it won't ring when suspended - the caller can't get me, call isn't registered, doesn't ring, no trace anywhere except on caller's phone.

As much as I hate to mess directly with the modem(s) - haven't had to do that since 1992 or so - it seems I finally should do that. Is there any short list of where and how to adjust settings, something like mmcli 101?

First step would be trying the FOSS modem firmware, which does quite a lot considerably better. The firmware also has possibilities to debug such issues easily. Should be possible to change the firmware with fwupd, see https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Fwupd..._.28Pro.29.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using too much juice since last update Eugo 20 3,551 03-15-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  recent update Uturn 14 1,787 02-13-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Firefox issue with latest update Barugon 6 2,360 01-28-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 32 29,190 07-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johaennessen
Sad Latest Manjaro breaks Keyboard Case (Again)? hollerpots 4 2,737 06-17-2022, 07:48 AM
Last Post: hollerpots
  How to disable automatic update checks bdicewk 4 2,319 06-12-2022, 08:10 AM
Last Post: bdicewk
  Locked out after update bnbcwllc 2 1,585 06-08-2022, 04:46 AM
Last Post: bnbcwllc
  Keyboard case stopped working on pacman update rotwang 5 3,119 05-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Pinephone stuck on 'something went wrong' after update gofishus 1 1,574 03-06-2022, 05:48 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Lockup during update, force shut down and try again? tgz 5 5,573 12-22-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: tk1107