recent update
recent update dos not install, it messages breaking a bunch of dependancies: kcoreaddon, modemmanager, networkmanager, and more. (solution: remove kimap2, remove plasma-mobile-nm): How to install that correctly? It will not install by GUI Discover, nor by sudo pacman -Syyu
now there is an update to RC5 which also breaks dependecies: https://wolkenmeer.com/index.php/s/gxJ73d8mFKHi2ii ... and neither CalDAV nor CardDAV are working again.
Unfortunately, some packages were pushed to stable that depend on a library rename only done so far in unstable and testing. See https://forum.manjaro.org/t/how-to-fix-d...s/151215/3.
the most recent version *Release 202311160508* seems to fix that, but the older instllation will not update. And whilst *Release 202311160508* connects to Nextcloud, and announces Contacts would work, *phone book* still does not show any contacts from the cloud.
The most recent version fails to install because it now has the opposite problem: the KF5 renames have been done, but some Plasma Mobile packages have not been rebuilt for them.
(11-23-2023, 11:12 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: The most recent version fails to install because it now has the opposite problem: the KF5 renames have been done, but some Plasma Mobile packages have not been rebuilt for them.

seems they are having a hard time at manjaro. Maybe I should switch to DanctNix. I am a bit afraid that might be a bit *less userfriendly* ... actually it's quite ok, but also does not sync contacts from NextCloud and also suffers from broken dependencies. What a pity.
They are mainly missing someone to maintain the Plasma Mobile packages (have been ever since Strit left a few months ago). (I do not know exactly what happened between Manjaro and Strit, but since his departure, the ARM team is very understaffed.) Neither can Manjaro find a new employee to handle Plasma Mobile maintenance (the Plasma Mobile maintainer position has been vacant for months now), nor are they responding to offers to help from the community (at least mine got no answer at all).

Also keep in mind that Pine64 does not fund this position, despite shipping that operating system from factory on their devices. The reason Pine64 can be as cheap as it is (for a niche product) is that it spends very little money on software development, offloading it all to the community (and that includes companies like Manjaro in this case). Just look at the Purism prices to see how much it costs to fund the software development.
(11-24-2023, 06:00 AM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: They are mainly missing someone to maintain the Plasma Mobile packages (have been ever since Strit left a few months ago). (I do not know exactly what happened between Manjaro and Strit, but since his departure, the ARM team is very understaffed.) Neither can Manjaro find a new employee to handle Plasma Mobile maintenance (the Plasma Mobile maintainer position has been vacant for months now), nor are they responding to offers to help from the community (at least mine got no answer at all).

Also keep in mind that Pine64 does not fund this position, despite shipping that operating system from factory on their devices. The reason Pine64 can be as cheap as it is (for a niche product) is that it spends very little money on software development, offloading it all to the community (and that includes companies like Manjaro in this case). Just look at the Purism prices to see how much it costs to fund the software development.

Thank you for the info - that's quite a pity, but I feel not only Manjaro are understaffed, but also KDE. I tried now Arch, Manjaro, Postmarket, SuSe flavours and all of them do not sync contacts these days. So I guess Nextcloud communication must be something KDE related. The good news (for me) is that Arch works very much like Manjaro. I'd love to contribute to the free software community, bit with Pinephone I do not know where to start Wink
I tried the other day, even setting in config to keep pgp keys optional and trust all, doesn't work for a new key (some guy beginning with W) and still can't complete the upgrade. That's almost two months now...
new Manjaro KDE Plasma 16 works neither

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using too much juice since last update Eugo 20 3,717 03-15-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Latest update Eugo 21 8,381 03-09-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Firefox issue with latest update Barugon 6 2,420 01-28-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 32 29,470 07-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johaennessen
  How to disable automatic update checks bdicewk 4 2,372 06-12-2022, 08:10 AM
Last Post: bdicewk
  Locked out after update bnbcwllc 2 1,612 06-08-2022, 04:46 AM
Last Post: bnbcwllc
  Keyboard case stopped working on pacman update rotwang 5 3,173 05-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Pinephone stuck on 'something went wrong' after update gofishus 1 1,592 03-06-2022, 05:48 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Lockup during update, force shut down and try again? tgz 5 5,635 12-22-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: tk1107
  After recent update: Invalid or missing 'dr_mode' property KNERD 3 2,807 11-05-2021, 08:43 AM
Last Post: itwurketnet