Mobian libnotify custom notifications
I want my app to make use of custom made symbolic icons for notifications using libnotify; where should I put my icons? are svgs okay? wb a particular naming scheme?
Any help's appreciated!
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/status/ (for SVGs – for PNGs, use, e.g., 32x32 instead of scalable for a 32×32 PNG).
I put it there, this is how I'm trying to spawn the notification:

notify-send "My Waydroid Manager" "Done!" --icon=my-waydroid-manager-notify

the file is called my-waydroid-manager-notify.svg
I'm still getting a 'missing icon' icon in the notifications Sad
So, for anyone wondering, I figured it out, the proper way of doing this is:

notify-send -i /path/to/your/scalable/icon/example_notification_icon.svg "Name Of App" "This is the notifications body!"
If you install an icon to the systemwide hicolor theme, you need to run gtk-update-icon-cache for GTK to pick up the new icon. This is normally done in packages' post-installation scripts, see your distribution's (i.e., Mobian's in this case) packaging guidelines.

Using an absolute path to the icon works, but is not the recommended way to do things because it means the icon is not themable.
(08-01-2023, 07:27 AM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: If you install an icon to the systemwide hicolor theme, you need to run gtk-update-icon-cache for GTK to pick up the new icon. This is normally done in packages' post-installation scripts, see your distribution's (i.e., Mobian's in this case) packaging guidelines.

Using an absolute path to the icon works, but is not the recommended way to do things because it means the icon is not themable.

Good to know for the future, but in this case is the right move.
The icon is already designed to conform to the Gnome HIG, and doesn't need theming ootb.

(08-01-2023, 07:27 AM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: If you install an icon to the systemwide hicolor theme, you need to run gtk-update-icon-cache for GTK to pick up the new icon. This is normally done in packages' post-installation scripts, see your distribution's (i.e., Mobian's in this case) packaging guidelines.

The only official package I plan to support long-term as stated on the repo, are flatpaks,
volunteers are welcome to make pull requests for other distributions support, but I am one woman, and I'm gonna aim at what ik I can hit for now.
I'll worry abt more *officially supported* distributions if maintaining a flatpak turns out to be easy enough.
In general like many (most?) gtk4 / libadwaita app devs, I don't support theming ootb.
I plan to get light / dark theming taken care of for libadwaita and that is it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone pro. zetabeta 14 1,875 Yesterday, 05:40 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Disable the GDM service in Mobian. mburns 0 468 11-25-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: mburns
  The Mobian Phosh Experience mburns 1 893 11-18-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  Fix the Mobian Weather App mburns 0 502 11-07-2023, 10:01 AM
  Megapixels on Mobian Bookworm on PinePhone Pro - Not Launching X0X0X0X0X0 1 710 11-07-2023, 09:44 AM
  Mobian Phosh Gnome Software Is Recommending A Broken Update. mburns 0 604 10-14-2023, 11:57 AM
  Mobian .desktop file creation MadameMalady 15 3,183 07-27-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: MadameMalady
  XFCE mobian running nicely but some oddities grump_fiddle_reinstall 0 806 07-01-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: grump_fiddle_reinstall
  [Mobian] : Battery consumption and OS compatibility freelectro 2 1,084 06-02-2023, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
Smile Mobian: squeekboard .yaml location tookmeayear 5 1,749 04-16-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: tookmeayear