PineTab2 - EU batch?
I recently bought a PinePhone via your 'EU only' offer, which was a great help in not having to deal with the crazy customs here, thanks! Smile  I made some progress with development, but I am thinking I'd like to work with something a bit more powerful like the new PineTab2.  Are there any plans to release an EU batch of pineTab2 devices?  I can you have US stock, but with $40 shipping, plus probably ~70EUR import processing fees, it makes the device quite expensive.
(05-17-2023, 01:22 AM)WhiteHexagon Wrote: I recently bought a PinePhone via your 'EU only' offer, which was a great help in not having to deal with the crazy customs here, thanks! Smile  I made some progress with development, but I am thinking I'd like to work with something a bit more powerful like the new PineTab2.  Are there any plans to release an EU batch of pineTab2 devices?  I can you have US stock, but with $40 shipping, plus probably ~70EUR import processing fees, it makes the device quite expensive.

The regular PinePhone's Polish warehouse option is pretty much an exception, which was implemented for testing the concept. Doubt that more devices will be added there, especially as the pine64eu.com store now exists. The EU store is always an option, though with the service and warranty it comes with a higher price, so importing from China is the cheapest option most of the time.

Mind that we're the PINE64 community here, the Pine Store is its own entity and has its own domain. In the community we also don't have much insight in internal plans and processes of the Pine Store. And the Pine Store is located in China, not the US.
Note that Pine64 EU does not have the PineTab 2 listed at this time. Whether they will carry it when it actually ships, you will have to either ask them or just wait and see, I have no idea.
(05-17-2023, 02:13 PM)fxc Wrote: The EU store is always an option, though with the service and warranty it comes with a higher price, so importing from China is the cheapest option most of the time.

I had a look at the EU store, and as Kevin mentioned, they currently dont offer the PineTab2.  I was also looking for some Risc-V gear and accessories, also not available.  What they do have seems expensive.

The option of using the China store (thanks for the clarification! that was not clear) also becomes expensive the moment you want a few spares or accessories.  I had ~$600 worth of goods in my basket, before realising that the PP and the PineTab2 had to be shipped separate from the Star64, keyboard case, cables and all the bits needed for the Star64.  There is no way I can justify 3 sets of postage and 3 sets of import fees for a single order.

I'll go get my breakfast coffee and stop complaining Wink  It seems I was very lucky to get my EU batch PinePhone, and I am very grateful for that since I am already enjoying the development challenge, and the community here, thanks!
Import fees are mostly proportional to the value of the goods (basically, you pay the VAT that local companies would have had to charge you directly), so only the processing fee part (something like 5€ depending on where you live) will increase (be multiplied by the number of shipments) if they are shipped separately, not the proportional (VAT replacement) part.
(05-18-2023, 01:09 AM)WhiteHexagon Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 02:13 PM)fxc Wrote: The EU store is always an option, though with the service and warranty it comes with a higher price, so importing from China is the cheapest option most of the time.

I had a look at the EU store, and as Kevin mentioned, they currently dont offer the PineTab2.  I was also looking for some Risc-V gear and accessories, also not available.  What they do have seems expensive.

The option of using the China store (thanks for the clarification! that was not clear) also becomes expensive the moment you want a few spares or accessories.  I had ~$600 worth of goods in my basket, before realising that the PP and the PineTab2 had to be shipped separate from the Star64, keyboard case, cables and all the bits needed for the Star64.  There is no way I can justify 3 sets of postage and 3 sets of import fees for a single order.

I'll go get my breakfast coffee and stop complaining Wink  It seems I was very lucky to get my EU batch PinePhone, and I am very grateful for that since I am already enjoying the development challenge, and the community here, thanks!

You can email to sales@pine64.org

They might send all items you in one package Smile
At least they sent to me when I ordered multiply Pinephones at once.
Thanks for the tips! yeah the last thing I had to import here cost 30eur just for the processing, independent of value, and the tax was 40e. Anyway I got the EU batch PP now Smile and hopefully about to grab a 2nd hand dock for it. I built a serial cable, a bit of a pain. But maybe when the PineTabV is back in stock I'll do as suggested and email sales for one of each. But otherwise sign me up if the PineTab2/V gets added to an EU batch experiment Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab2 not starting Corconegre 6 1,588 03-18-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: zogkarndon
  Pinetab2 Audio Hiss/Static from speakers scottgr 2 395 03-16-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: scottgr
  pinetab2 hardware is not very good lmartin 11 2,305 01-13-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
Information nvme ssd and open pinetab2 snock 0 209 01-12-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: snock
  Pinetab2 screen removal Corconegre 5 1,334 01-10-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: stozi
  PineTab2, Ubuntu Touch and WiFI JMoore 2 594 01-07-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: JMoore
  Using the Pinetab2's PCIe slot FortunateFowl 0 327 12-22-2023, 01:23 PM
Last Post: FortunateFowl
Exclamation Pinetab2 Keyboard Issues lockedpotato 0 514 10-14-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: lockedpotato
  pinetab2 booting when adapter connected Ome Ko 16 2,826 09-15-2023, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Ome Ko
  SOLVED: New PineTab2 not booting properly. SECONDARY PROBLEM SOLVED: Not updating bacon_dude 6 1,713 09-06-2023, 07:43 PM
Last Post: bacon_dude