oem password
Does anyone have any idea what "oem" stands for.

I keep getting login screen for oem and have no idea what the password could be.  

Won't let me go any further until I get it.
(02-16-2023, 04:28 PM)iwm Wrote: Does anyone have any idea what "oem" stands for.

I keep getting login screen for oem and have no idea what the password could be.  

oem stands for "original equipment manufacturer". however, i don't think that's the point. is it username?

my guess is, this is default install with default password, but what is default password, i do not know.
(02-16-2023, 04:54 PM)zetabeta Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 04:28 PM)iwm Wrote: Does anyone have any idea what "oem" stands for.

oem stands for "original equipment manufacturer". however, i don't think that's the point. is it username?

my guess is, this is default install with default password, but what is default password, i do not know.

No username... just "oem" and a password space with "Cancel" and "Unlock" buttons underneath. Trying to log back in to Manjaro i think!
Can you edit /etc/shadow on the iwm install?
as root,, make it oem::--and so on
the 2nd field, between ":" and ":" will have 50 or so characters, remove them all
Then, there is no password
i have a bad feeling that something was scewed up in pinebook pro. pine org representative should say something or open a ticket!
I disagree. This is certainly not a hardware problem.

Specifically it sounds like a Manjaru problem.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(02-17-2023, 01:32 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: I disagree.  This is certainly not a hardware problem.

Specifically it sounds like a Manjaru problem.

May be an Arch problem.  trying to boot into  EndeavourOS from SD.
That's helpful information.

I wonder if there's a way to circumvent the prompt.

What I would also find interesting, is what boot system are you using. Do you still have stock Manjaro on the eMMC? I don't imagine that it could cause this, but the U-Boot that comes with Manjaru tends to disallow booting from SD. If I were you, I'd disable the eMMC for now and see if the SD card boots differently without it. If so, you may want to consider installing a different U-Boot or Tow-Boot.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(02-17-2023, 07:15 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: That's helpful information.

I wonder if there's a way to circumvent the prompt.

What I would also find interesting, is what boot system are you using. Do you still have stock Manjaro on the eMMC?  I don't imagine that it could cause this, but the U-Boot that comes with Manjaru tends to disallow booting from SD.  If I were you, I'd disable the eMMC for now and see if the SD card boots differently without it.  If so, you may want to consider installing a different U-Boot or Tow-Boot.

Got to the Install screen but could not get a network connection (asks for a login prompt). Will go to Calamares but no further Need a Connection to get to pacman to finish the install I guess.  Can not send a screen shot.  Need Tech assist to get right key combo. to get wi-fi working I guess again.

used this link for the build:
https://github.com/endeavouros-arm/images/releases

I wonder if the one who released this image didn't include a WiFi hook-up?

** In the process of installing Tow-Boot...will see how it goes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graphical login hanging after password entry mhill8 2 3,330 03-29-2021, 08:32 AM
Last Post: jacksonliam341
  Forgot my Pinebook password. Booting from MIcroSD doesn't work. ksfoodforest 0 1,748 01-30-2021, 11:08 AM
Last Post: ksfoodforest
  [split] Change password from external media James Good 11 12,790 07-23-2020, 02:42 PM
Last Post: wdt
  PBP Complete Loss of Password Recognition jcj52436999 2 3,391 03-16-2020, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcj52436999
  Password change RedHaoredOmen 18 16,623 03-01-2020, 12:27 PM
Last Post: mainer
  Default user name and password? CryptoRick 2 7,334 02-14-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: FeMike
  chromium keyring password change or remove Moon1 10 12,070 02-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Moon1