Can't add micro SD card to Pinephone
Hello Friends,

I can't add a micro SD card to my pine phone. I've had my pine phone for 2 years and I've just flashed Manjaro Phosh on it and it all works well. Except that I cannot add the SD card to give music via Lollipop. I've tried using both Windows and Ubuntu computers to format the disc, but when I put it in the pine phone it doesn't boot. What am I doing wrong, please?

Chris
(02-10-2023, 10:50 AM)thorensjubilee Wrote: Hello Friends,

I can't add a micro SD card to my pine phone. I've had my pine phone for 2 years and I've just flashed Manjaro Phosh on it and it all works well. Except that I cannot add the SD card to give music via Lollipop. I've tried using both Windows and Ubuntu computers to format the disc, but when I put it in the pine phone it doesn't boot. What am I doing wrong, please?

Chris

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_I..._from_eMMC
My experience with Manjaro PlaMo: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=15300
(02-10-2023, 10:50 AM)thorensjubilee Wrote: Hello Friends,

Chris

You think it's an issue because you flashed Manjaro Phosh to the emmc?  
I had problems getting a microSD card recognized when I got the Pine Phone and Manjoro was the pre installed O.S. I thought/think the microSD card reader is broken. I'm still not sure the device will recognize a microSD card, but I haven't tried lately.
Quote:thorensjubilee Wrote:[url=https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?pid=115892#pid115892][/url]
Hello Friends,

I have Manjaro Phosh flashed to the eMMC. It reads the microSD fine and will play MP3 files through Lollipop so maybe it is worth re-downloading Manjaro Phosh and reflashing it?

(I use Ubuntu and Raspberry Pi Imager to flash my PP, only because it is convenient, and just works.)
PinePhone Beta 2GB/16GB Postmarket OS v23.06.1 Phosh 0.30.0 (not in use)

PineTab2 Arch Danctnix 6.4.2
(02-21-2023, 12:37 PM)gregb49 Wrote:
Quote:thorensjubilee Wrote:[url=https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?pid=115892#pid115892][/url]
Hello Friends,

I have Manjaro Phosh flashed to the eMMC. It reads the microSD fine and will play MP3 files through Lollipop so maybe it is worth re-downloading Manjaro Phosh and reflashing it?

(I use Ubuntu and Raspberry Pi Imager to flash my PP, only because it is convenient, and just works.)

Hello Friends,

I flashed Manjaro to the eemc. I don't think that I want to re-flash Manjaro because of the contacts. I have inputted them manually, and can't save them anywhere. I'll live with it!

Chris
(02-27-2023, 04:37 AM)thorensjubileeHello Friends, Wrote: I flashed Manjaro to the eemc. I don't think that I want to re-flash Manjaro because of the contacts. I have inputted them manually, and can't save them anywhere. I'll live with it!

Chris

That's one of the major problems that I've hit. Having to re-enter contacts each time is a pain, same for calendar alerts. There's probably some clever way of doing this but it's beyond me.
PinePhone Beta 2GB/16GB Postmarket OS v23.06.1 Phosh 0.30.0 (not in use)

PineTab2 Arch Danctnix 6.4.2
(02-27-2023, 07:52 AM)gregb49 Wrote: That's one of the major problems that I've hit. Having to re-enter contacts each time is a pain, same for calendar alerts. There's probably some clever way of doing this but it's beyond me.

If Manjaro is using Evolution contacts as Mobian Phosh does they are stored in:

~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system/contacts.db

...so all you would need to do is back up and restore that file. (That's for contacts, not sure about calendar items, I don't use the calendar.)
Quote:That's one of the major problems that I've hit. Having to re-enter contacts each time is a pain, same for calendar alerts. There's probably some clever way of doing this but it's beyond me.

This is my setup. It also works well with Contacts and Calendars. I have all mine local and the families are still on Google.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2771]

Phone: PinePhone 32G (not Pro)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  systemic issue pinephone penguins_rule 3 358 04-02-2024, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  link for supported pinephone os manjharo et all penguins_rule 2 200 03-19-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  How do I import SIM card contacts? Logological 8 5,230 06-04-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: mruser1
  new PinePhone upgrade issue WhiteHexagon 5 1,747 05-09-2023, 04:09 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone Freeze kmsgli 14 7,367 02-04-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Westslope
Question Problem with booting from SD card. Several errors LittleStone 0 823 09-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: LittleStone
  Pinephone craches after each call neithan76 2 1,586 07-29-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Chief
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 32 29,162 07-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johaennessen
  How to convert your pinephone to a palmtop now that you have the clamshell keyboard rotwang 3 3,028 05-09-2022, 08:29 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  "Emergency" terminal on pinephone (with default setup) altulke 5 2,651 05-03-2022, 12:42 PM
Last Post: altulke