Is Manjaro Plasma stable for anyone?
The plasma mobile session is restored by the October 17 update in the Manjaro unstable branch.

And I can confirm that reducing the volume improves the audio playback.
There is currently a pause in the unstable branch updates of Manjaro Plasma for the PinePhone Pro. So the status is worth noting.

There was an image release for this on October 21. This was a point of high quality for this unstable branch branch when using the updates; only the camera was not operable when using this method of daily updates.

The daily update on October 22 was also of high quality. But the latest state, as of November 1, has the Angelfish application crashing.
The Manjaro Plasma updates for the Pinephone Pro, whether the unstable or stable branch, have not progressed yet this month, as of this morning of November 15 ,2022.

The Angelfish showcase application crashes, the screen lock button does not work, and the Megapixels camera application crashes.
As of November 24, daily updates on the unstable branch of Manjaro Plasma allow the Angelfish application to work. But the status panel and navigation panel have been lost.

To be operational, I would have to go back to the developers image from October 21 - a reinstallation.
As of Monday, November 28, the angelfish application is now very stylish.

The screen lock button does not work.

The terminal application does not allow exit. Without the navigation panel and status panel, there is no way short of a logout to exit applications.

The mobile power down option has been replaced by the desktop version. It allows logout to the desktop login screen, which requires the qt5 virtual keyboard to be installed.
Did a full system upgrade today, Nov 28th, and am no longer able to bring up terminal. It launches then after a few seconds it dissapears into the abyss. Since i do most of my work through the termincal it has now become a paper weight.

I am using the "stable" branch.
(11-28-2022, 11:43 AM)karcdaeh Wrote: Did a full system upgrade today, Nov 28th, and am no longer able to bring up terminal. It launches then after a few seconds it dissapears into the abyss. Since i do most of my work through the termincal it has now become a paper weight.

I am using the "stable" branch.

Mind that you can simply reflash the device, so no worries about the pre-installed distribution getting corrupted. At this early development stage of the Pro it's expected to repeat a couple more times anyway in my experience.
Yes. I think the ssh package is now included in the images. Also the qt5-virtualkeyboard is needed for recovery from various crashes.
With the release of Manjaro on Friday December 2 and the update on Saturday morning:

Angelfish works nicely as a youtube player.

Plasmashell is not crashy.

the screenlock button works.

The status panel works only from the pin screen.

Applications can only be exited by logging out or shutting down, ssh and qt5-virtualkeyboard are necessary packages.
The cameras work for still pictures in Manjaro Plasma

It is my mistake to not have turned on the cameras. The unstable branch of Manjaro Plasma and the megapixels-ppp package now combine for the ability to take still images.

The color quality can be modified using the config file. I will use the procedure documented by the RawTherapee project and the argyll package to improve the color rendition. I will also attempt to post a new color matrix to be inserted into the config file.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [WIP] KDE Plasma Mobile 6.0 Builds & Ports dorkydev 5 695 04-15-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: u-kidjp
  "failed to start simple desktop display manager" PinePhonePro / Plasma Beta15 RC4 OhMeadhbh 1 666 11-09-2023, 07:39 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Manajaro Plasma 6 files break unstable updates, 6-30 mburns 5 1,623 07-20-2023, 11:19 AM
  Manjaro Plasma unstable branch glitch mburns 2 1,083 06-21-2023, 08:03 AM
  Manjaro as shipped & camera? hambonius 1 915 06-20-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Manjaro Phosh - Tiny Blue Indicator Light - Blinking ArchiMark 2 956 06-11-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Netfilter not working on latest manjaro kernel robocone 1 1,202 12-29-2022, 09:11 PM
Last Post: robocone
  root password for manjaro Pine pro explorer edition HK order? Piotr 1 1,471 12-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Plasma Mobile Taskbar / Navigation Bar is Missing & Upper Panel X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,324 11-24-2022, 07:19 AM
  PinePhone Pro Manjaro Plasma Mobile Beta 13 & No Audio with Phone Calls X0X0X0X0X0 0 1,111 11-02-2022, 02:09 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0