Is Manjaro Plasma stable for anyone?
I now set the magnification to 200%, the font resolution to 134 dots per inch, and the default font size to 6 points. This is almost impossible to set though; the magnification needs to be temporarily set to 50%, so as to reach the OK button which would otherwise be forced off screen. A magnification of 50% is very unusable.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/virtual-keyb...reen/97150

I can now use Manjaro Plasma without the need for an ssh session to start by enabling the virtual keyboard for the KDE login screen.
The latest update for the unstable branch of Manjaro Plasma allows for problem free operation on USB power.

Removal from USB power enables a one time glitch after startup. The session locking problem happens after only the first suspend.

This is recovered by an ssh session from another computer to execute the "sudo loginctl unlock-sessions" command. But the real fix is the installation of the qt5-virtualkeyboard package. Then the session lock can be undone just by tapping the power button to get the backup login screen and entering the PIN twice as required.

Operation after this startup issue is normal. The playback speed is correct.

I have not tested operation without the Tow-boot package. Nor have I tested operation of the phone modem. The camera is not available. And the suspend utility written by codefossa seems almost a necessity.
I haven't been able to use Manjaro for about a month. After an upgrade I got a new login screen but can't bring up a keyboard. I have towboot installed and a Linux laptop. But I don't know how to do the ssh thing or upgrade the OS via an SD card. Would someone give me an instruction link or just give me directions if it's simple? TIA
(09-06-2022, 10:01 PM)IHaveALinuxPhone Wrote: I haven't been able to use Manjaro for about a month. After an upgrade I got a new login screen but can't bring up a keyboard. I have towboot installed and a Linux laptop. But I don't know how to do the ssh thing or upgrade the OS via an SD card. Would someone give me an instruction link or just give me directions if it's simple? TIA

Without ssh your installation is screwed. Try:

$ ssh MANJARO_LINUX

The next time install ssh:
$ sudo pacman -S ssh qt5-virtualkeyboard
And nano /etc/hostname and /etc/hostname to give the PPP a simple network name.

To reinstall: download a MANJARO  PPP image and use the dd utility to copy it to your PPP when it is in blue light mode - start it with the up volume pressed until the second buzz.

If any of this is obscure, then simply search for info on each step.

The unstable branch of Manjaro Plasma is broken as of Friday, September 9. I suppose that I should post here when it works again.
Now, Sunday, September 11, there is a release of Manjaro in the unstable branch which is a regression on the Pinephone Pro. No login is allowed except by ssh. The initial login and the qt5-virtualkeyboard unlock workaround are not working as they did before Friday.

The plasmashell will not start. The kactivitymanagerd is not running. LOGIN shows on a non-existent screen.
The updates for the new release in the unstable branch are now apparently finished.

The phone is working with a new layout. The app drawer is swiped in from the right side.
The unstable branch of Manjaro Plasma is broken on Friday, September 23. There is no plasmashell available on my copy, which has been updated regularly, and on which I tried to get ssh -Y or vncserver to work. In other words I get to run only one app.

AV playback is glitchy on angelfish but not on recorder.
Switching back and forth between the Manjaro branches, unstable and stable is easy. The downloading needed for this comparison is minimized by Manjaro design.

The stable branch now apparently has the features and behavior shown by the unstable branch before Friday, September 23.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Switching_Branches

As of Friday afternoon, I am waiting for updates to make the navigation buttons and mobile control panel reappear.

But, in the nonce, an update of the kernel has made the session locking problem disappear!
(02-18-2022, 01:29 AM)projectcato Wrote: So far, I'm finding Manjaro Plasma completely unusable. The first, most obvious problem is the longer the phone's been running, the longer it takes to wake up. If I put the battery in at breakfast, it's minutes to wake by lunch. I'm looking around at the other options to try this weekend. I tried to stick it out with Manjaro because it was picked as default for the Explorer edition.

Edit: just to be clear, this is for the Pinephone Pro, not a general statement on the state of the OS, and yes, I know it's still early days.

So far it's been almost stable on the Pinebook Pro, but of late when I log in as myself, the wallpaper  comes up, followed by a trouble page which stays up for about a half second, followed by a black screen, then wallpaper... a loop.  I was able to make out (after many passes, that it was a Plasma failure of some process which looks like kislave5.  When I log in as root or my alternate user, the problem is absent.  GOD!  can't wait to get rid of KDE and Plasma!  But of course, even the Manjaro XFCE version will not boot from SD because of Manjaro's screwed up uboot.  Don't get me wrong-- Manjaro is a decent Arch derivative, but its quirks make me loath to run it any longer than it takes for me to remove it safely without bricking the Pinebook Pro.
 while(!(succeed=try()));

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [WIP] KDE Plasma Mobile 6.0 Builds & Ports dorkydev 5 686 04-15-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: u-kidjp
  "failed to start simple desktop display manager" PinePhonePro / Plasma Beta15 RC4 OhMeadhbh 1 662 11-09-2023, 07:39 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Manajaro Plasma 6 files break unstable updates, 6-30 mburns 5 1,621 07-20-2023, 11:19 AM
  Manjaro Plasma unstable branch glitch mburns 2 1,081 06-21-2023, 08:03 AM
  Manjaro as shipped & camera? hambonius 1 913 06-20-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Manjaro Phosh - Tiny Blue Indicator Light - Blinking ArchiMark 2 954 06-11-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Netfilter not working on latest manjaro kernel robocone 1 1,199 12-29-2022, 09:11 PM
Last Post: robocone
  root password for manjaro Pine pro explorer edition HK order? Piotr 1 1,468 12-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Plasma Mobile Taskbar / Navigation Bar is Missing & Upper Panel X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,321 11-24-2022, 07:19 AM
  PinePhone Pro Manjaro Plasma Mobile Beta 13 & No Audio with Phone Calls X0X0X0X0X0 0 1,105 11-02-2022, 02:09 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0