Is Manjaro Plasma stable for anyone?
The terminal in Manjaro Plasma can be made to yield screen space by hitting the new tab button or by collapsing the keyboard and then swiping up from the bottom right.
(07-02-2022, 08:02 AM)mburns Wrote: I now find it to be useful in Manjaro Plasma to set the display magnification to 150%, to force the font dots per inch to 201, and to set the default font size to 6 points.

Remember when pretty much everything you read was 8 or 10? Lol
 Like computing && Like Linux == good people
Have been unable to boot either manjaro-plasma or manjaro-phosh stable from SDCARD for some time. Both distro's appear broken.
There is a new Kwin package in Manjaro Plasma unstable today. Now the systemctl suspend command can mostly handle playback speed correctly, but only when the command is issued in an ssh session.

Both Plasma and Mobian Phosh can recover from suspend correctly when audio playback is not paused at suspend.
Large updates are ready today for Mobian and Manjaro Plasma unstable.

The session locking problem in Plasma can not be made to happen after the first suspension of a session happens by timeout. So the systemctl suspend command is then available to fix the playback speed issue.
Whoa now!

Today's unstable update of linux-firmware crashes linux during AV playback.

I had to install yay and then downgrade to downgrade linux-firmware to the June release.
(Enter q to get out of the inspection by yay of the downgrade package.)
The new release available today of Plasma in the unstable branch is no longer crashy. The firmware update was not at fault.
The unstable update today fixed the playback speed issue! I can use the suspend utility after pausing playback on YouTube with Firefox, and then playback can be resumed at normal speed when the PPP is woken. This did not work on the previous day.
Manjaro Plasma now recovers better from rotation of the phone than in previous months.

There is just a better feel of the interface. I now use 200% magnification, set the fonts to 134 DPI, and a default font size of 6 points. I use the bottom buttons now rather than a swipe up to get to the home screen.
I find that this app written by codefossa is essential for Manjaro Plasma on the Pinephone Pro. I also tried making a hibernate script on the same model but it does not seem to be useful.

-- by codefossa

I apologize for the delayed response, but in general I just grab a random desktop file and copy then alter it to what I need. I use Arch Phosh, so the GNOME category may make no sense for you, and of course I use systemd on my PPP, but feel free to make modifications.

/usr/share/applications/suspend.desktop
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=Suspend
Comment=Put the PC to sleep.
Exec=/usr/bin/systemctl suspend
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=system-shutdown
Categories=GNOME;
StartupNotify=false

I recently dropped my copy of Mobian, and made a fresh install of the Manjaro Plasma development image on the Pinephone Pro. This had the benefit of eliminating the shutdown delay. And it included the ssh package. The Tow-boot package is already installed.

There has been a great amount of update activity on the Manjaro Plasma unstable branch recently. And the result as of this morning is usable.

The first suspend, whether by application or by timeout, still requires the sudo loginctl unlock-sessions command to be made by way of ssh from another computer. After this first intervention, the Pinephone Pro does operate correctly. The playback speedup after a suspend issue then does not typically happen. A suspend, or playing a clip on the record app when angelfish is paused, will fix the playback speed when needed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [WIP] KDE Plasma Mobile 6.0 Builds & Ports dorkydev 5 670 04-15-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: u-kidjp
  "failed to start simple desktop display manager" PinePhonePro / Plasma Beta15 RC4 OhMeadhbh 1 653 11-09-2023, 07:39 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Manajaro Plasma 6 files break unstable updates, 6-30 mburns 5 1,602 07-20-2023, 11:19 AM
  Manjaro Plasma unstable branch glitch mburns 2 1,065 06-21-2023, 08:03 AM
  Manjaro as shipped & camera? hambonius 1 899 06-20-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Manjaro Phosh - Tiny Blue Indicator Light - Blinking ArchiMark 2 939 06-11-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Netfilter not working on latest manjaro kernel robocone 1 1,193 12-29-2022, 09:11 PM
Last Post: robocone
  root password for manjaro Pine pro explorer edition HK order? Piotr 1 1,463 12-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Plasma Mobile Taskbar / Navigation Bar is Missing & Upper Panel X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,309 11-24-2022, 07:19 AM
  PinePhone Pro Manjaro Plasma Mobile Beta 13 & No Audio with Phone Calls X0X0X0X0X0 0 1,098 11-02-2022, 02:09 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0