Missing part on shipping
(08-22-2016, 07:29 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Its ok to voice a concern once; and its ok to voice a complaint with that concern (no one, especially Tl Lim) wants to suppress opinions of any kind on this forum; however, ...

... once a 'concern' has been noted, and once a complaint has been registered, incessant bashing (with upper case red lettering) must stop. As I noted before, it is inappropriate and it is certainly not helpful. 

If your issue is with the signature, take it up with the individual in a private message, not in on the public forum. If your concern is valid, then all, good, and they can remove it without being named and shamed in public. Otherwise, you end up with egg on your face. And nobody likes that, so that ends up making things worse. 

And please stop with the soap box... the role of a moderator is  calm a situation down, and to ensure that discussion stays on track, not inflame the situation! All you had to say before was that you'd been in touch with Tl Lim, and that the programming process was taking longer than expected, and the modules were being shipped as they were completed (if that is the case), and some sort of ETA based on progress. Nothing more, nothing less. 

(08-22-2016, 08:15 PM)Ghost Wrote: The Z-Wave modules were received from the vendor without programming - this information could have been made known more widely, as more information means more informed users, and users who are kept in the loop are ultimately happier users. 

That said, getting frustrated at TL Lim is not helpful.

Perhaps a general kickstarter update on the status of the outstanding shipments is due?

Thanks for that Ghost... that was exactly my point. I have had no issues with direct PMs to Tl Lim..., but maybe that is due to being short, sweet and to the point, and just generally asking for a clarification of something. I can fully understand that he has his hands full with chasing up instead of being able to keep on with developing stuff needed to get the Pine64 fully up to speed. 

That's why I would have thought it would would have been better to have someone on the ground at pine64 HQ regularly present on the forums, otherwise we are at times just guessing what they are thinking. That and I think sometimes we forget that people have other things to think about, and when they pull out the pine64 board for some R&R time... and it just don't work... they get understandably annoyed and frustrated, so what else do you expect them to do but complain? The support forums would be pretty empty if people weren't complaining about something!  Big Grin Big Grin The trick is to disarm, and move past the frustration into problem solving... the old 'sorry to hear that.... have you tried?' routine we all know and hate?  Tongue

A kickstarter update would be excellent idea... and they should be able to proudly say that they have processed x number of orders, and are down to only a few (hundred!)...
(08-22-2016, 08:52 PM)pfeerick Wrote: And please stop with the soap box... the role of a moderator is  calm a situation down, and to ensure that discussion stays on track, not inflame the situation! All you had to say before was that you'd been in touch with Tl Lim, and that the programming process was taking longer than expected, and the modules were being shipped as they were completed (if that is the case), and some sort of ETA based on progress. Nothing more, nothing less. 
I'm not going to debate moderation with you, other that to say, its not your job.

... I do try to send private messages (you're about to get one of them) when things need to be simmered down.  Unfortunately, many members turn off their private messages; the only way to handle that is to send the message as on open item.

Some of the moderators job is to calm a situation, and part of the moderator's job is to inform decorum and polite public discourse-- which requires from time to time, a soap box as it were.  We cannot have rude behavior or even harsh debates where things can get out of hand quickly. And, as has been stated repeatedly, Pine bashing (of any kind) will not be tolerated. There is a line that must not be crossed, between presenting a civil 'concern' or even a polite 'complaint' (which are all ok ! )  and taking the next step of being obnoxious , belligerent , or decidedly rude--- which is not ok, and which will not be tolerated.  If that continues to happen posts will be edited or deleted, and if it persists (with warning) the offending members will get a time-out (temporarily);  after warning repeated spamming, or continued offensive belligerent behavior will result in a permanent ban. This has (regrettably) occurred a few times.

Thanks for your consideration.

(08-22-2016, 08:15 PM)Ghost Wrote: ... getting frustrated at TL Lim is not helpful. He is such a kind, pleasant guy, and for the first time in months he has finally gotten the chance to turn his attention towards something other than addressing shipping concerns. He is no doubt hard at work every minute of the day getting the modules programmed and ready as soon as is humanly possible, after having to spend most of his time recently handling issues that really rightfully-speaking shouldn't have been left to him to handle at all 

Yes, Ghost. 

... for all I know, and I suspect it might be true,  TL Lim is reprogramming these modules himself by hand !  But, I also know that he is traveling a lot ( to make the Pine project a success ! ) I agree, he's a good man, and he works hard.  He deserves respect, and consideration as a human being, and as a talented engineer.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Heheh, I did mean in more of an overseer kind of role, but maybe he is programming them all himself by hand, I definitely wouldn't put it past him!

Getting back on track, the point of this thread is modules or accessories missing from shipments. In a word, it is a grievance thread, so we should expect it to contain some disgruntled messages. Being rude or insulting (swearing, attacking other users, or what Marcus describes as 'pine-bashing') is not productive. But bumping the thread or adding your voice to the list of people who have had an issue with the topic is helpful in showing the scale of the problem. Right now the main issue is with the playbox case and Z-Wave modules, but there are also those missing other various parts that by all accounts should be in hand and available. If you visit the comments section of the kickstarter, a good deal of the comments there are about missing parts.
Quote:update on the status of the outstanding shipments is due?

I believe an official update will be posted in the next day or two... Tl is just awaiting confirmation of shipping details before posting. However, it appears some units have already been dispatched.
(08-23-2016, 06:20 AM)pfeerick Wrote:

I believe an official update will be posted in the next day or two... Tl is just awaiting confirmation of shipping details before posting. However, it appears some units have already been displaced.

You mean dispatched? If so, that's good news and a positive step in the right direction towards fulfilling all the kickstarter rewards.

I believe an official update will be posted in the next day or two... Tl is just awaiting confirmation of shipping details before posting. However, it appears some units have already been displaced.

It would be really great if we could get an official 'voice of Pine' started here.  In other words, someone who has the knowledge of what is really going on, and can speak for parties unable to do so, for various reasons. 

It does seem like the weak link here is our comm link;  especially Western culture, lip service means more to them than actual service (often) and good communication seems like the best way to thwart angry attacks; a lot of times people just want to know what's going on-- its pretty much that simple.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-23-2016, 06:40 AM)Ghost Wrote:

You mean dispatched? If so, that's good news and a positive step in the right direction towards fulfilling all the kickstarter rewards.

Er, yeah... that's that I meant!  Big Grin  Fixed... Thanks for the quick spot Ghost... that probably wasn't the best typo to make in this thread!  Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 2,964 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,680 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,072 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,013 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,958 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,190 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,665 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,304 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,211 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 11,890 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus