Missing part on shipping
(08-11-2016, 02:20 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Stay tuned, and stay positive !    Big Grin

I've been trying to stay positive but when you ask questions and send emails and wait and still get no response it is difficult.  Cry
(08-11-2016, 04:22 PM)kellyjamesd Wrote:
(08-11-2016, 02:20 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Stay tuned, and stay positive !    Big Grin

I've been trying to stay positive but when you ask questions and send emails and wait and still get no response it is difficult.  Cry

I would send a quick (polite) note to tllim directly and ask him to forward your concern to the shipping department. Be civil, be respectful, no goofy emoticons, and then be patient ;  i know tllim, he's a good man, and an excellent engineer.  (if it makes you feel any better, I waited too... it was worth the wait)

The shipping issue is just about put to bed, and things are proceeding with PineA64 (hardware and software) some really exciting things are happening...
... again, stay tuned, and stay positive !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-11-2016, 04:27 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: ... again, stay tuned, and stay positive !

Any update on the z-waves? I fully understand the development issues but again the comms are what is letting them down.

I'm happy to wait, just don't know if they have forgotten or its in hand. All they have to do is send an email - yeah sorry guys z-waves still delayed and we are working on it.

In the June 10th email they said 2 weeks for programming for z-wave modules
In the July 27th email they dont even mention them.

Just a simple acknowledgement would be nice and they could placate hundreds of people without having to individually reply.
Its in hand.

... I got a PM from tllim indicating that the z-wave stuff is tested not to 25 m and is in the works for being made available. It will all be good.
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-19-2016, 05:49 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Its in hand.

... I got a PM from tllim indicating that the z-wave stuff is tested not to 25 m and is in the works for being made available. It will all be good.

TL Lim wrote on Aug 5th that they would start shipping z-wave modules a few days later
(08-05-2016, 12:54 PM)tllim Wrote: Already in inventory and tuned, the current communication distance is good, about 25 meters. Once we get the shipping list from KS team on next few days, we will start the dispatch.
Since then he hasn't responded to any questions regarding the modules or their delivery and no modules have been shipped. Seriously, why should we believe him this time? We don't even get to hear it from himself.

He might be an excellent engineer but this is not about engineering, this is about logistics and customer care. Two important areas where this project has failed miserably.
Backer #16374 - KS funded January 23rd 2016 - Backerkit funded on March 10th 2016 - BOARD RECEIVED ON JUNE 29th - BACKERKIT ORDER FULFILLED ON SEPT 8th
Some of yous guys are such whiners... (edited by marcus)

... the z-wave modules came from the vendor without programming. The shipping is being delayed because the modules are having to be programmed before being shipped... which has 'really' slowed the works down.

Please be patient, and stop with the whining. Whining does not help, and is not becoming. We are talking about investing in a 'startup' not purchasing established products from an established retailer. Some of you folks just don't have a clue about how this works...

Any way, it is in hand, and the z-wave stuff is on its way.
marcushh777    Cool

(08-20-2016, 07:05 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Some of 

Please rephrase your previous message. This is highly inappropriate language for a moderator, and is skating on thin ice at best as far as postings meeting the forum rules.

Having said that, taking what bonterra has said on face value, he/she has a valid reason for being concerned, as the last official word from tllim on this issue appears to be from the 6th of August, which is more than a few days away, considering they were supposed to be dispatching then, as they had arrived! Communications has been a weak point of this project, and I'm surprised that someone wasn't tasked to do regular weekly or even fortnightly updates (even if someone needed to be employed part-time for this) - even if the update is simply 'no change' - it makes people feel valued and not forgotten. Otherwise, expect complaints, and a lot of them! 

Logistics is a nightmare at the best of times, and considering this project was so heavily backed beyond their original target (55 times more than what they after), I can't fault them on that front! Only niggle would be the online store - there was a lot of confusion as to when stuff would ship. I would have made it a lot clearer that orders would NOT ship until kickstarter fulfilment were complete - with a tentative ETA, rather just stating the ETA. For us as backers we know the drill, but people coming in after the kickstarter expecting to buy it outright seemed to be understandably annoyed. However, making grandiose statements like this is also with the benefit of hindsight! Wink

Maybe tllim can provide an update on this?
(08-20-2016, 07:05 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Some of yous guys are such whiners...   (edited by marcus)

... the z-wave modules came from the vendor without programming.  The shipping is being delayed because the modules are having to be programmed before being shipped... which has 'really' slowed the works down.

Please be patient, and stop with the whining. Whining does not help, and is not becoming. We are talking about investing in a 'startup' not purchasing established products from an established retailer.  Some of you folks just don't have a clue about how this works...  

Any way, it is in hand, and the z-wave stuff is on its way.
Your loyalty with the Pine team is impressive...

I believe it when I see it.

(08-21-2016, 08:34 PM)pfeerick Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 07:05 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Some of 

Please rephrase your previous message. This is highly inappropriate language for a moderator, and is skating on thin ice at best as far as postings meeting the forum rules.

Having said that, taking what bonterra has said on face value, he/she has a valid reason for being concerned, as the last official word from tllim on this issue appears to be from the 6th of August, which is more than a few days away, considering they were supposed to be dispatching then, as they had arrived! Communications has been a weak point of this project, and I'm surprised that someone wasn't tasked to do regular weekly or even fortnightly updates (even if someone needed to be employed part-time for this) - even if the update is simply 'no change' - it makes people feel valued and not forgotten. Otherwise, expect complaints, and a lot of them! 

Logistics is a nightmare at the best of times, and considering this project was so heavily backed beyond their original target (55 times more than what they after), I can't fault them on that front! Only niggle would be the online store - there was a lot of confusion as to when stuff would ship. I would have made it a lot clearer that orders would NOT ship until kickstarter fulfilment were complete - with a tentative ETA, rather just stating the ETA. For us as backers we know the drill, but people coming in after the kickstarter expecting to buy it outright seemed to be understandably annoyed. However, making grandiose statements like this is also with the benefit of hindsight! Wink

Maybe tllim can provide an update on this?
Thank you!
Backer #16374 - KS funded January 23rd 2016 - Backerkit funded on March 10th 2016 - BOARD RECEIVED ON JUNE 29th - BACKERKIT ORDER FULFILLED ON SEPT 8th
Speaking as a moderator (pfeerick is not a moderator) incessant complaints and pine bashing (or tllim bashing) must stop. Its ok to voice a concern once; and its ok to voice a complaint with that concern (no one, especially Tl Lim) wants to suppress opinions of any kind on this forum; however, ...

... once a 'concern' has been noted, and once a complaint has been registered, incessant bashing (with upper case red lettering) must stop. As I noted before, it is inappropriate and it is certainly not helpful.

As far as the problem goes, the z-wave modules are in process (I was told this by tllim himself) and when they have been reprogrammed and tested, they will be shipped out. When can you expect this to happen? I do not know. No expectation has been set; only that they received the modules from the vendor without programming, and that when they are reprogrammed and tested they will be shipped. People are working on it; continuing to complain while they are working on it is not helpful, and will not be tolerated on this forum. Sometimes, too much is too much.

I have edited my commentary.
marcushh777    Cool

I agree with Marcus that complaining about things does not help, but also agree with pfeerick (and by extension bonterra as well) that more information regarding the reason for any delays could have been announced more prominently. No-one wants to hear things are not panning out quite as planned, but hearing nothing at all is worse. 

The Z-Wave modules were received from the vendor without programming - this information could have been made known more widely, as more information means more informed users, and users who are kept in the loop are ultimately happier users. 

That said, getting frustrated at TL Lim is not helpful. He is such a kind, pleasant guy, and for the first time in months he has finally gotten the chance to turn his attention towards something other than addressing shipping concerns. He is no doubt hard at work every minute of the day getting the modules programmed and ready as soon as is humanly possible, after having to spend most of his time recently handling issues that really rightfully-speaking shouldn't have been left to him to handle at all (I'm talking about chasing up people's shipping queries, which was the job of the shipping team, who should have offered him more support here on this forum).

If TL could offer some words on where they're at with the Z-Wave modules, all well and good. But you should all know that the guy is incredibly hard-working and dedicated to making the Pine a successful product, and getting angry or frustrated at him personally is misdirected and is just because he is the only notable representative of the Pine64 Inc. team here on these forums.

Perhaps a general kickstarter update on the status of the outstanding shipments is due?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 2,946 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,664 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,061 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,008 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,905 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,159 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,658 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,297 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,208 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 11,883 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus