Please stop using Google Captcha
currently passing a Google Captcha is a requirement for registration.

I 'd argue both the company and the act (you tell them what website you visited and train their AI, free of charge) are going against the values Pine64 stands for.

please consider removing it and using alternative, self-hosted solutions for human verification.
(07-10-2021, 07:13 PM)halogen Wrote: currently passing a Google Captcha is a requirement for registration.

I 'd argue both the company and the act (you tell them what website you visited and train their AI, free of charge) are going against the values Pine64 stands for.

please consider removing it and using alternative, self-hosted solutions for human verification.

I don't remember needing the google pic matching verification when I signed up, but I agree we need to de-google everything we can including our websites.
<edit>Is user:halogen too new to send PMs or rate his posts?
+1 for this, no surprise to any forum regulars where I stand on it.   Smile

FWIW, I discovered this post in the suggestions below.  So, apparently it is at least on the radar of the sysadmin (fire219).

I guess we could all use a periodic reminder?  Somehow I don't appreciate them from my wife however.   Big Grin 

Thanks @fire219  for all you do, mate!
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  google will take control of android in the future. zetabeta 6 988 12-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: mannzrespouse
  Remove google captcha from registration ichbins 7 7,863 10-16-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
Sad registration improvements: password length message, CAPTCHA tuxlifan 1 2,816 04-19-2020, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64
  TIme to stop using Chinese manufacturing? KNERD 1 3,221 04-01-2020, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Luke