Images won't boot past pinephone logo
Downloaded and flashed several images to an SD card, including Ubuntu Touch, Postmarket OS, and phosh, but phone just boots to pinephone logo and stays. what am I doing wrong?
(06-08-2021, 04:53 PM)remington_luger Wrote: Downloaded and flashed several images to an SD card, including Ubuntu Touch, Postmarket OS, and phosh, but phone just boots to pinephone logo and stays. what am I doing wrong?
Same here using ubuntu touch after ubuntu 143 built update today. Will try to flash the sd card with the new image and see.
(06-09-2021, 09:32 AM)RRman Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 04:53 PM)remington_luger Wrote: Downloaded and flashed several images to an SD card, including Ubuntu Touch, Postmarket OS, and phosh, but phone just boots to pinephone logo and stays. what am I doing wrong?
Same here using ubuntu touch after ubuntu 143 built update today. Will try to flash the sd card with the new image and see.
Just did flash the SD with the latest image and the screen will not come back after going black. The image installed and updated 9 apps including the camera and actually camera somewhat works, but we are back to the screen not coming back with the power button. Will flash back to yesterday"s built and will report.
RRman you need to run the kernel upgrade channel, it's a known bug in "stable".

Remington's problem doesn't sound like it's ubport specific. I think something wrong with your flashing method, maybe try using Balenaetcher?
(06-13-2021, 06:26 AM)Nooblife Wrote: RRman you need to run the kernel upgrade channel, it's a known bug in "stable".

Remington's problem doesn't sound like it's ubport specific. I think something wrong with your flashing method, maybe try using Balenaetcher?
yeah, I have been using the native Mint burner.  having a hard time with balena though, I will try from Manjaro
(06-22-2021, 04:31 PM)remington_luger Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 06:26 AM)Nooblife Wrote: RRman you need to run the kernel upgrade channel, it's a known bug in "stable".

yeah, I have been using the native Mint burner.  having a hard time with balena though, I will try from Manjaro

I got balena etcher, but it kept giving me an error on validation.  Got a new SD card and now Ubuntu Touch is working nice - only it won't return from the lock screen! Gonna look for help about that now.
(08-08-2021, 05:09 PM)remington_luger Wrote:

I got balena etcher, but it kept giving me an error on validation.  Got a new SD card and now Ubuntu Touch is working nice - only it won't return from the lock screen! Gonna look for help about that now.

Your situation describes mine exactly ... any luck with the lock screen issue? I basically have to do a hard re-boot to come back.
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
(08-19-2021, 03:01 AM)Fred Zyphal yes, I downloaded and flashed  kernel upgrade channel image of UT, like nooblife said, and Ubuntu TOuch works beautifully, I love it.  Only thing is I can't get MMS to work, can't get the right APN settings. Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 05:09 PM)remington_luger Wrote:

Your situation describes mine exactly ... any luck with the lock screen issue? I basically have to do a hard re-boot to come back.
Thanks, call me lazy, or stupid, or a little bit from column A and a little bit from column B, but after hearing of your success and doing a little more reading, I decided to switch to the OTA development channel. It solved this problem, and a few others, and added some features ... I think I'll stick to that since I'm just tinkering on WiFi at this point.
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
happy tinkering. As soon as I can get MMS, this will be my daily driver. Also playing with a MOTO G7 and lineage OS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ADB support on Pinephone Sumwun 3 682 09-27-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Sumwun
  Ubuntu Touch vs Standard Pinephone OS MarsColonist 8 5,427 06-26-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  PinePhone and PinePhone Pro 20.04 Focal Install and Update c3l@ 0 655 05-12-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: c3l@
  Reinstall Ubuntu Touch on PinePhone with 10 drives? Peter Gamma 4 2,677 05-24-2022, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  PinePhone UBPorts Edition stuck on PINE64 logo screen Giovanni Iannotti 4 4,723 09-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Giovanni Iannotti
  GhostCloud workaround for PinePhone mark1250 1 3,089 08-12-2021, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Looks like I found a mild reason why UBPorts for pinephone hasn't seen much progress. plainenough 13 17,063 11-21-2020, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Nooblife
  "No network" on new UBPorts community edition pinephone professorsnapper 6 7,679 10-19-2020, 10:27 PM
Last Post: htc_tattoo
  Horrible energy consume on Pinephone/UB-Touch firefox-58 9 11,317 10-15-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: plainenough
  UBPorts doesn't boot even after booting into recovery defekto 2 4,386 09-30-2020, 12:16 PM
Last Post: defekto