KDE plasma Pinephone not loading
Hello everyone;

I finally managed to get my hands on a KDE plasma pinephone, I switched it on for first time three days ago, I updated it and everything was going well. Then yesterday I tried to use the docking bar for first time and the phone crashed, now when I start the phone it will stay on the logging command page and the only error I can see is this one:

at command 'at+QCFG="fast/poweroff"' returned error

The phone won't let me do anything at that point. Anyone has got any suggestions as to what I can do now? Do I need to install a new image?

Thank you for your help!
(04-10-2021, 08:48 AM)Serolis Wrote: Hello everyone;

I finally managed to get my hands on a KDE plasma pinephone, I switched it on for first time three days ago, I updated it and everything was going well. Then yesterday I tried to use the docking bar for first time and the phone crashed, now when I start the phone it will stay on the logging command page and the only error I can see is this one:

at command 'at+QCFG="fast/poweroff"' returned error

The phone won't let me do anything at that point. Anyone has got any suggestions as to what I can do now? Do I need to install a new image?

Thank you for your help!
IMO, Plasma Mobile is probably a year or so away from being usable. I flash and test KDE on the sd card once and a while just to see how it's going. Smile.

(The error you posted is related to the modem. I'm not sure how it relates to the conv. dock.)

I run Mobian on the emmc and everything (except mms) works out of the box.  Plasma Mobile has been a thing for 10 years now so I'm not holding my breath for its maturation.  Big Grin Big Grin 

USB-C Convergence Dock works like a charm in Mobian.

Side note:
There is a design flaw in the usb-c port on the pinephone. Only cables with enough of the male end exposed to fully insert (and not hilt out on the phone body) will work reliably.
The supplied usb-c dock has a male end that is not long enough for the pinephone's flawed port. Also it's metal and you can't just melt away some plastic to expose more of the usb-c end.
However, if you remove the phone's back cover the dock can then be plugged all the way in.

Cheers!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,085 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,523 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 459 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,937 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 381 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,479 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,600 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,667 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 992 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma