KDE plasma Pinephone not loading
#1
Hello everyone;

I finally managed to get my hands on a KDE plasma pinephone, I switched it on for first time three days ago, I updated it and everything was going well. Then yesterday I tried to use the docking bar for first time and the phone crashed, now when I start the phone it will stay on the logging command page and the only error I can see is this one:

at command 'at+QCFG="fast/poweroff"' returned error

The phone won't let me do anything at that point. Anyone has got any suggestions as to what I can do now? Do I need to install a new image?

Thank you for your help!
  Reply
#2
(04-10-2021, 08:48 AM)Serolis Wrote: Hello everyone;

I finally managed to get my hands on a KDE plasma pinephone, I switched it on for first time three days ago, I updated it and everything was going well. Then yesterday I tried to use the docking bar for first time and the phone crashed, now when I start the phone it will stay on the logging command page and the only error I can see is this one:

at command 'at+QCFG="fast/poweroff"' returned error

The phone won't let me do anything at that point. Anyone has got any suggestions as to what I can do now? Do I need to install a new image?

Thank you for your help!
IMO, Plasma Mobile is probably a year or so away from being usable. I flash and test KDE on the sd card once and a while just to see how it's going. Smile.

(The error you posted is related to the modem. I'm not sure how it relates to the conv. dock.)

I run Mobian on the emmc and everything (except mms) works out of the box.  Plasma Mobile has been a thing for 10 years now so I'm not holding my breath for its maturation.  Big Grin Big Grin 

USB-C Convergence Dock works like a charm in Mobian.

Side note:
There is a design flaw in the usb-c port on the pinephone. Only cables with enough of the male end exposed to fully insert (and not hilt out on the phone body) will work reliably.
The supplied usb-c dock has a male end that is not long enough for the pinephone's flawed port. Also it's metal and you can't just melt away some plastic to expose more of the usb-c end.
However, if you remove the phone's back cover the dock can then be plugged all the way in.

Cheers!
  Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,055 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,733 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 87,045 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 26,024 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,699 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,656 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,210 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,857 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,248 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,590 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)