pinephone in germany (telefonica) ?
has anyone experience with pinephone in germany with telefonica ?
telefon, internet, roaming ? for daily use (telefon, browser, email, telegram) ? which distribution works in this case best ?
i would love to buy one to replace my main mobile. i switched this year to manjaro and would classify myself as a beginner.

thank you very much and happy new year !
(12-30-2020, 12:18 PM)robotnik Wrote: has anyone experience with pinephone in germany with telefonica ?
telefon, internet, roaming ? for daily use (telefon, browser, email, telegram) ? which distribution works in this case best ?
i would love to buy one to replace my main mobile. i switched this year to manjaro and would classify myself as a beginner.

I am using o2 with an older Sim, telephony is good - great, depending on the signal. However mobile data is a lost cause for me, i tried all possible combinations for APN with Arch (Posh), Mobian and Ubuntu on different os-versions. every time the modem looses the signal complety if i activate mobile data. Only reboot helps bringing it to signal reception. I changed the Modem/pcb from Braveheart to 3GB Version, still the same behaviour.
tl;dr: Telephony good, mobile data with old simcard not possible regardless of the hardware.
(01-11-2021, 12:09 PM)InternetQuatsch Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 12:18 PM)robotnik Wrote: has anyone experience with pinephone in germany with telefonica ?

I am using o2 with an older Sim, telephony is good - great, depending on the signal. However mobile data is a lost cause for me, i tried all possible combinations for APN with Arch (Posh), Mobian and Ubuntu on different os-versions. every time the modem looses the signal complety if i activate mobile data. Only reboot helps bringing it to signal reception. I changed the Modem/pcb from Braveheart to 3GB Version, still the same behaviour.
tl;dr: Telephony good, mobile data with old simcard not possible regardless of the hardware.

Update: with the latest nightly build of Mobian (2021 1 13 and apt update and upgrade) i finaly got working mobile Data today. Daily driver test here i come! So i guess it is possible depending on the Distro.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 95 16,884 Yesterday, 04:18 PM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  PinePhone Covid Apps bigtreeman 12 135 Yesterday, 05:24 AM
Last Post: evilbunny
  PinePhone SIM slot Niek 11 2,417 Yesterday, 12:00 AM
Last Post: iwm
  UPDATED (June 2021): 17-distro multi-boot image for Pinephone (incl. 3GiB variant) megous 165 116,093 10-16-2021, 09:58 AM
Last Post: c3l@
Sad New PinePhone won't boot 9/10 times - Screen is on but stays black :( dante404 7 131 10-13-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: dante404
  Comparing a Huawei smartphone to the PinePhone and Librem 5 amosbatto 0 145 10-12-2021, 10:38 AM
Last Post: amosbatto
  PinePhone Security TurpentineOS 10 3,185 10-11-2021, 01:34 PM
Last Post: TurpentineOS
  I am considering a pinephone but have a question first flatulent_piney 7 395 10-11-2021, 12:18 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  pinephone 2 specs discussion - 5G WiFi6 BT5 NFC? - mitcoes 18 4,720 10-08-2021, 07:50 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Has anyone had success with a Nexdoc and Pinephone? nelstomlinson 4 610 10-05-2021, 01:43 PM
Last Post: nelstomlinson